Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Cookware - Gordon Ramsay

Hello,
I much appreciate all the information provided by this group. We have
started to looking at cookware and have looked at a couple of sets
promoted by Gordon Ramsay. I've seen very little discussion in this
group about this line. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments or
advice that they would like to share concerning Gordon Ramsay
cookware?
Thanks,
John

http://www.kitchentotable.com/produc...y-cookware.php
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:54:22 -0700 (PDT), Tarpon
> wrote:

>I've seen very little discussion in this
>group about this line.

That stuff is expensive!! You can own a Ferrari, but that won't make
you a race car driver. A $800. set of cookware will not make a five
star chef. If you have the money to waste, go for it!! They are
beautiful.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Tarpon" > wrote in message
> Hello,
> I much appreciate all the information provided by this group. We have
> started to looking at cookware and have looked at a couple of sets
> promoted by Gordon Ramsay. I've seen very little discussion in this
> group about this line. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments or
> advice that they would like to share concerning Gordon Ramsay
> cookware?
> Thanks,
> John
>
> http://www.kitchentotable.com/produc...y-cookware.php

I've look at it but have never used it. From what I've seen, it is good
quality tri-ply cookware. There are other brands that are equal to it and
they are similar in price. Other brands that are equal is the All Clad line
and what may be even better, the CIA Master Chef line. They are seven ply
including a copper layer. Again, I've not cooked with them, only examined
them in a store and read up about the brands.

If you go back a couple of days you will find a longish post of my looking
at cookware as well as some links that may be of interest to you. One is
for an article about all the different styles. IMO, if you like what you
see, you'll be happy with the Ramsey line; it is a good as any of the
premium styles.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:54:22 -0700 (PDT), Tarpon
> > wrote:
>
>>I've seen very little discussion in this
>>group about this line.

> That stuff is expensive!! You can own a Ferrari, but that won't make
> you a race car driver. A $800. set of cookware will not make a five
> star chef. If you have the money to waste, go for it!! They are
> beautiful.

You are correct, but owning a Ford Escort won't make you a race driver
either. With the Ferrari you have a shot.

Interesting analogy. My Bertazzoni gas range is painted in the same factory
that paints the Ferrari and Lamborghini. You probably think my $250 copper
fry pan is a waste too.
http://www.copperpans.com/?gclid=CMS...FQoNGgodcHVSjw
http://www.bertazzoni-italia.com/

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:54:22 -0700 (PDT), Tarpon
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>I've seen very little discussion in this
> >>group about this line.

> > That stuff is expensive!! You can own a Ferrari, but that won't make
> > you a race car driver. A $800. set of cookware will not make a five
> > star chef. If you have the money to waste, go for it!! They are
> > beautiful.

> You are correct, but owning a Ford Escort won't make you a race driver
> either. With the Ferrari you have a shot.
>
> Interesting analogy. My Bertazzoni gas range is painted in the same factory
> that paints the Ferrari and Lamborghini. You probably think my $250 copper
> fry pan is a waste too.

My Demeyere saute pan and skillet are my all-time favorite pans. The 5
qt saute pan had been used in a cooking demonstration so I got it for
half off. I got the skillet thru Amazon for an excellent price as well.
And I did a lot of looking to find those prices. A little bit of effort
pays off. I was surprised how much my efforts in the kitchen improved
with higher quality cookware. It does indeed make a significant
difference. Saves times too..... and I place a value on my time.

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:54:22 -0700 (PDT), Tarpon
> > wrote:
>
>>I've seen very little discussion in this
>>group about this line.

> That stuff is expensive!! You can own a Ferrari, but that won't make
> you a race car driver. A $800. set of cookware will not make a five
> star chef. If you have the money to waste, go for it!! They are
> beautiful.

I say, "If you have the money, go for it!"

A waste? Let the buyer make that decision :-))

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Thank s for all the advice everyone, I should have mentioned that I
can get them for 55% off so around $400.00.

Edwin,
I did see a post this morning that had about 6 or 7 links in it. And I
did get a chance to look at the first few.
We do not have to buy the Ramsays, it is just that we can get them for
a good price and it is time for new cooking utensils.

John
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Tarpon" > wrote in message
> Thank s for all the advice everyone, I should have mentioned that I
> can get them for 55% off so around $400.00.
>
> Edwin,
> I did see a post this morning that had about 6 or 7 links in it. And I
> did get a chance to look at the first few.
> We do not have to buy the Ramsays, it is just that we can get them for
> a good price and it is time for new cooking utensils.
>
> John

In that situation, I'd buy it. It is as good as any of the tri-ply brands
that I've seen. Much of it is made from the same metal as far as I can
tell.
..
OTOH, my wife just fell in love with a very expensive sauté pan that costs
as much as the set you suggest. It is a Ruffoni stainless sauté pan
available only at Williams Sonoma. Sorry dear, not today.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:03:53 +0200, Waldo Centini
> wrote:

>There's plenty of good stuff to be found of an equal quality but for a
>significantly lower price.

Waldo...arguing about cookware on the internet is like .......

http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.p...9a680/463c5922

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:54:22 -0700 (PDT), Tarpon > wrote:

>Hello,
>I much appreciate all the information provided by this group. We have
>started to looking at cookware and have looked at a couple of sets
>promoted by Gordon Ramsay. I've seen very little discussion in this
>group about this line. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments or
>advice that they would like to share concerning Gordon Ramsay
>cookware?

I'm not sure which I would be more embarassed to have guests see in my kitchen
-- cookware from Gordon Ramsay or Rachel Ray, or Emerilware.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
>> but owning a Ford Escort won't make you a race driver
>> either. With the Ferrari you have a shot.

> It's a poor workman who blames his tools.
>
> I'd rather have a meal cooked by Gordon Ramsay using grocery store pans.
>
> I'd bet there are plenty of real drivers who could take that Ford Escort
> against you in a Ferrari and they'd still win handily.

There is always someone better, but . . . . . . My first race was when I
was 17. I do have some wins. I'll still take a Ferrari over an Escort.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Aug 28, 5:54 am, Tarpon > wrote:
> Hello,
> I much appreciate all the information provided by this group. We have
> started to looking at cookware...

Don't know about Gordon Ramsey, but I can tell you I ran across some
excellent All Clad clones by Tramontina in WalMart. In fact, I liked
them better than All Clad. I calculated what it would cost to equip my
teenage son (who likes to cook) and I figured the set up would run
about $125. That's for 2 saucepans, two fry pans, one saute, one
casserole/marmite. Tamontina also makes enamelled cast iron... very
much like Le Cruset... which is also worth serious consideration.

WalMart is spotty on these things. Sometimes they have them, sometimes
not.
It did change my view of WalMart... I decided they might be worth an
occassional visit.
And it completely changed my view of All Clad and Le Cruset... (not
for the better).
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
pltrgyst > wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:54:22 -0700 (PDT), Tarpon >
> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I much appreciate all the information provided by this group. We have
> >started to looking at cookware and have looked at a couple of sets
> >promoted by Gordon Ramsay. I've seen very little discussion in this
> >group about this line. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments or
> >advice that they would like to share concerning Gordon Ramsay
> >cookware?

> I'm not sure which I would be more embarassed to have guests see in my
> kitchen
> -- cookware from Gordon Ramsay or Rachel Ray, or Emerilware.
>
> -- Larry

Don't forget the Emnirilware is made by All Clad. Dunno about Ramsay's
or Ray's.

--
Jack N2MPU
Proud NRA Life Member
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Jack" > wrote in message
> pltrgyst > wrote:

>> I'm not sure which I would be more embarassed to have guests see in my
>> kitchen
>> -- cookware from Gordon Ramsay or Rachel Ray, or Emerilware.
>>
>> -- Larry

> Don't forget the Emnirilware is made by All Clad. Dunno about Ramsay's
> or Ray's.
>
> --
> Jack N2MPU

Emerilware is made in China. All Clad also notes that lids and other parts
are made overseas now too. Their one claim to fame in the past was USA
made, but now they are hanging on with just some of that. I wonder if the
same steel mill is turning out the same coils of steel for all of the
tri-ply stuff.

From All Clad's web site
There are areas in which All-Clad does not manufacture in the USA. These

1. Where the bonding of metals is not required for superior cooking
performance (E.g. tools, accessories)
2. On regular non-bonded components where making in the USA would add to the
retail price but not generally to performance (E.g. lids)

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Aug 28, 6:54*am, Tarpon > wrote:
> Hello,
> I much appreciate all the information provided by this group. We have
> started to looking at cookware and have looked at a couple of sets
> promoted by Gordon Ramsay. I've seen very little discussion in this
> group about this line. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments or
> advice that they would like to share concerning Gordon Ramsay
> cookware?
> Thanks,
> John
>
> http://www.kitchentotable.com/produc...y-cookware.php

Hi,
I recently purchased a set of the Gordon Ramsay by Royal Doulton
Copper Tri Ply cookware.
I am used to working in kitchens both professional and personal, these
pots are some of the best
I have ever used. I am interested to try some of the stainless to
compare and find if the copper
is simply for show or if it helps. None the less, so far they are
great. If you have any specifics you want to know
just ask?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:54:22 AM UTC-4, Tarpon wrote:
> Hello,
> I much appreciate all the information provided by this group. We have
> started to looking at cookware and have looked at a couple of sets
> promoted by Gordon Ramsay. I've seen very little discussion in this
> group about this line. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments or
> advice that they would like to share concerning Gordon Ramsay
> cookware?
> Thanks,
> John
>
> http://www.kitchentotable.com/produc...y-cookware.php

I recommend Saladmaster Cookwa
here is a video with Kathy Smith, fitness professional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfjtJ...e_gdata_player

For a dinner demonstration in your home
http://happycookingco.com

I own this cookware and it is awesome in saving time and most of all, my health.