Old 18-08-2008, 02:53 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Is Propane Safe to use on a Gas Stove Indoors?

I guess the title says it. I have converted my natural gas stove over
to use propane, (meaning I flipped over the regulator plug like the
manual said). The stove works great on propane, but now I'm wondering
if it's safe to breath the same air in the kitchen. I have a range
hood, is that enough? I'm going to search around the www but I
wondered if anyone here had any experiece on this subject.

Old 18-08-2008, 07:06 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

wrote in message
I guess the title says it. I have converted my natural gas stove over
to use propane, (meaning I flipped over the regulator plug like the
manual said). The stove works great on propane, but now I'm wondering
if it's safe to breath the same air in the kitchen. I have a range
hood, is that enough? I'm going to search around the www but I
wondered if anyone here had any experiece on this subject.

There are millions of propane stoves using propane safely. Did you also
change the orifices too? Most have one for each top burner as well as the
oven and broiler. The stoves use a different size for the two gasses.

Old 19-08-2008, 05:16 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

There are millions of propane stoves using propane safely. Did you also
change the orifices too? Most have one for each top burner as well as the
oven and broiler. The stoves use a different size for the two gasses.

ahahaah he said "orifices"

Old 22-08-2008, 10:43 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:27:29 -0700, Chris De Young
wrote:

Natural gas is lighter than air, and
mixes with it readily, so leaks dissipate relatively easily. Propane is heavier
than air and doesn't mix as easily, so it tends to pool in low places - bigger
hazard.

So what do you consider worse...blowing up your attic or blowing up
your basement? <vbg

Grilling indoors BizMan Mexican Cooking 0 21-02-2008 08:50 AM
Propane Stoves Indoors DFS Barbecue 34 08-09-2005 07:35 PM
Smoking indoors? Brian Siano Barbecue 12 12-08-2005 12:22 AM
I left a aluminum non-stick pot on the stove, is it safe to still use? Smith General Cooking 5 16-05-2004 01:55 PM
Dutch Oven to use on Propane Stove Ed General Cooking 21 08-05-2004 12:08 AM