Old 19-08-2008, 02:46 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Downsizing toasters, a return to deeper bread holders or largertoaster bodies

On Aug 19, 8:18*am, Billy [email protected] wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:06:13 -0700 (PDT), Dee Dee

wrote:

Was it expensive then -- say, 2 to 3x the amount of a regular toaster?

Yes, it was expensive. * Should have made arrangements with Dualit for
commissions, since everyone sees it and goes out and buys one. *

Somewhere in the dim recesses of my rapidly aging brain, I remember
reading that Queen Elizabeth uses this same toaster. If it's good
enough for royal toast .........

Yeah, she would!
I used to buy cookies (and jams too, IIRC) that would have that royal
symbol on it. At the time I believe I bought them at World Market, or
Cost someother-or-other, when one couldn't find European goods. I
think you will see them in regular supermarkets now.

On Topic: Tupperware ;-))
I laugh now, that I've read that her husband has to have his
cornflakes (or other dried cereal) sitting to the side of his plate in
a Tupperware container. I can see she has great influence not only
on the masses, but at home, too.
In his own words, "Gastly," ;-))
Dee Dee

Old 03-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Member

Smile

When I first landed in South Korea 10 years ago, the previous foreigner-occupant had left an Electronic double-length Korean-brand toaster that works perfectly, sensing the thickness and heights of breads, etc., repeat cycles, etc.

Once, in whipping out massive quantities of toast for 40 hungry kid-campers, in desperation, I loaded 4 slices at a time, and flipped them when one side was done.

Perfect and fast operation for perhaps a half-hour or more.

Looks expensive but, psha kref !! , really performs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pawlowski View Post
Either the bread has gotten larger (which I doubt) or the toaster
manufactures have been downsizing the toasters over the years. I've
replace mine twice now and I still find part of the bread shows over
the toaster top and doesn't get toasted. In an age of conserving
energy, having to flip the bread around and toast it a second time
doesn't make 'cents'.

Never had to do that with normal sized white bread, only for larger loaves
of Italian or other similar styles. Do you have a good brand of hte $7 made
in China from Wal Mart? Well, most all are made in China except the very
expensive Dualit from England.