Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default food scale

Hi, I am here again asking for some help to choose a digital scale for
food, something that can be set in Kg? I understand recipes in the US
are mostly expressed in "cups", but I've some troubles with US units

bye
as

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> Hi, I am here again asking for some help to choose a digital scale for
> food, something that can be set in Kg? I understand recipes in the US
> are mostly expressed in "cups", but I've some troubles with US units

Many/most postal scales can be switched between grams and ounces - I
bought one at Costco for my daughter.
This site
<http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?select=C81&byCategory=C156&id=4319CHROM E>
sells a number of different scales.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> Hi, I am here again asking for some help to choose a digital scale for
> food, something that can be set in Kg? I understand recipes in the US
> are mostly expressed in "cups", but I've some troubles with US units
>
> bye
> as

I bought a cheap digital scale on eBay about 5 years ago called
"Escali". I'll bet they are still available there. It is switchable
between grams, and pounds/ounces in 1/10 ounce increments. It goes up
to 3 kilos or 6.6 pounds, and it works great. I was so impressed with
it, I bought another one as a present for my brother.

BTW, it still works after 5 years, although I've had to replace the
battery once.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:38:32 -0700, Alessio Sangalli
> wrote:

>Hi, I am here again asking for some help to choose a digital scale for
>food, something that can be set in Kg? I understand recipes in the US
>are mostly expressed in "cups", but I've some troubles with US units

Soehnle makes mine.
--
EZ Larry from St. Louis
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:38:32 -0700, Alessio Sangalli
> wrote:

>Hi, I am here again asking for some help to choose a digital scale for
>food, something that can be set in Kg? I understand recipes in the US
>are mostly expressed in "cups", but I've some troubles with US units

Last month I picked up a My Weigh 7001 to replace my twenty-year-old Terraillon
digital. It's a great, flexible unit and quite inexpensive. See
http://www.myweigh.com/. They make a model for just about every use...

BTW, I've never seen a digital kitchen scale that couldn't be set to metric
units.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.equipment

S Viemeister wrote:

> Many/most postal scales can be switched between grams and ounces - I
> bought one at Costco for my daughter.

I've been at costco today and they claimed they never had food scales...
maybe it's different for each warehouse?

> This site
> <http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?select=C81&byCategory=C156&id=4319CHROM E>
> sells a number of different scales.

thanks

bye
Alessio

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> S Viemeister wrote:
>
>> Many/most postal scales can be switched between grams and ounces - I
>> bought one at Costco for my daughter.

> I've been at costco today and they claimed they never had food scales...
> maybe it's different for each warehouse?

A scale weighs things! It may _say_ 'postal scale', but there's no
reason you can't use it to weigh flour and sugar.

The one I bought for my daughter was called a postal scale, because it
came with a table of postal charges.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

The Cook wrote:

> I bought the My Weight scale 7001 from www.oldwillknottscales.com. You
> can set weight in KG, gm, lb & oz, or lb + decimal fraction.

If I'd seen that one first, I would have bought it. The extra bells and
whistles could be useful.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:38:32 -0700, Alessio Sangalli
> wrote:

>Hi, I am here again asking for some help to choose a digital scale for
>food, something that can be set in Kg? I understand recipes in the US
>are mostly expressed in "cups", but I've some troubles with US units
>
>bye
>as

I bought the My Weight scale 7001 from www.oldwillknottscales.com. You
can set weight in KG, gm, lb & oz, or lb + decimal fraction.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

S Viemeister wrote:

> A scale weighs things! It may _say_ 'postal scale', but there's no
> reason you can't use it to weigh flour and sugar.

Oh I see...

bye!
as

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:13:12 -0400, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>A scale weighs things! It may _say_ 'postal scale', but there's no
>reason you can't use it to weigh flour and sugar.
>
>The one I bought for my daughter was called a postal scale, because it
>came with a table of postal charges.

Then again, the food scale I bought has often found use as a postal
scale. Go figure!
--
EZ Larry from St. Louis
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"EZ Larry" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:13:12 -0400, S Viemeister
> > wrote:
>
>>A scale weighs things! It may _say_ 'postal scale', but there's no
>>reason you can't use it to weigh flour and sugar.
>>
>>The one I bought for my daughter was called a postal scale, because it
>>came with a table of postal charges.

> Then again, the food scale I bought has often found use as a postal
> scale. Go figure!

wow. What the heck do you do when you want to mail a food item???

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:41:06 GMT, "Gil Faver" >
wrote:

>wow. What the heck do you do when you want to mail a food item???

Weigh it twice, and cut it once?
--
EZ Larry from St. Louis
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> > Hi, I am here again asking for some help to choose a digital scale for
> > food, something that can be set in Kg? I understand recipes in the US
> > are mostly expressed in "cups", but I've some troubles with US units
> >
> > bye
> > as
> >

> I bought a cheap digital scale on eBay about 5 years ago called
> "Escali". I'll bet they are still available there. It is switchable
> between grams, and pounds/ounces in 1/10 ounce increments. It goes up
> to 3 kilos or 6.6 pounds, and it works great. I was so impressed with
> it, I bought another one as a present for my brother.
>
> BTW, it still works after 5 years, although I've had to replace the
> battery once.
>
> Bob

That's the one I bought to replace my EKS. I love it. Target carries
them. Maybe $15.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller, and here's the link to my appearance