FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   European alternative to the US-centric Consumer Reports (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/159406-european-alternative-us-centric.html)

4a4a4 27-07-2008 08:09 PM

European alternative to the US-centric Consumer Reports

Can anyone suggest an alternative to Consumer Reports? I imagine that
much of the research they do doesn't cover many of the appliances that
are available on the European market.

I'll be renovating my home in Russia soon, and to make decisions about
kitchen appliances I usually turn to the US publication Consumer
Reports (http://www.consumerreports.org/). I'm pretty impressed with
what they offer on-line, (have a look at
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/h...ooring-ov.htm),
but before I buy an on-line subscription, I'd like to consider other
options.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

S Viemeister[_2_] 27-07-2008 08:35 PM

4a4a4 wrote:
> Can anyone suggest an alternative to Consumer Reports? I imagine that
> much of the research they do doesn't cover many of the appliances that
> are available on the European market.
>
> I'll be renovating my home in Russia soon, and to make decisions about
> kitchen appliances I usually turn to the US publication Consumer
> Reports (http://www.consumerreports.org/). I'm pretty impressed with
> what they offer on-line, (have a look at
> http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/h...ooring-ov.htm),
> but before I buy an on-line subscription, I'd like to consider other
> options.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.

For the UK, 'Which?' is very similar to Consumer Reports.

<http://www.which.co.uk>