FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Hot water dispenser (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/151007-hot-water-dispenser.html)

Epsilon Rho 11-03-2008 09:23 PM

Hot water dispenser

I am looking for an instant hot water dispenser to be installed on the
kitchen sink that doesn't use a tank. I do not need 60 cups of hot water per
hour, just 10 times less than that!
Any suggestion?
Tia,
Gene

Wayne Boatwright[_4_] 11-03-2008 10:10 PM

Hot water dispenser

On Tue 11 Mar 2008 02:23:15p, Epsilon Rho told us...

> I am looking for an instant hot water dispenser to be installed on the
> kitchen sink that doesn't use a tank. I do not need 60 cups of hot water
> per hour, just 10 times less than that!
> Any suggestion?
> Tia,
> Gene

I've never seen one without a tank, regardless of required output.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 03(III)/11(XI)/08(MMVIII)

Edwin Pawlowski 12-03-2008 01:20 AM

Hot water dispenser

"Epsilon Rho" > wrote in message
et...
>I am looking for an instant hot water dispenser to be installed on the
> kitchen sink that doesn't use a tank. I do not need 60 cups of hot water
> per
> hour, just 10 times less than that!
> Any suggestion?
> Tia,
> Gene

They all have a tank to hold water. Consider an electric kettle or just put
a regular kettle on the stove. IMO, fresh boiled water gives a better taste
than something sitting in a bottle for hours.

Viviane 12-03-2008 08:41 AM

Hot water dispenser

Agree! Also, you need to use boiling water to make tea. Sorry, but I'm
from a part of the world that is genetically predisposed to loathe tea made
with hot and not boiling water. If you only want small amounts of hot
water, get an express kettle - they boil very quickly now.

. net...

zydecogary 12-03-2008 10:54 AM

Hot water dispenser

Tankless Instant Hot Water heaters have been around for
years and years.

I had one in my apartment in France some 45 years ago. Not
that you would want one of that type on your kitchen wall
today.

They were gas powered. When you turned on the hot tap a
pilot light would ignite a gas flame that instantly heated
a coil of copper tubing through which your water was
traveling. When you turned the tap off the flame
extinguished. You really would obtain very hot water in an
instant.

They have them now for the whole house.

Examples
http://www.ioffer.com/i/NEW-GAS-TANK...OPANE-11947122

http://www.plumbingstore.com/palomaf...erheaters.html

Today, my best recommendations a

A Sunbeam Hot Shot
http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-Hot-Sh.../dp/B00006IUZ5

2 cups in 90 seconds

===========

An Asian Hot Pot -- they are great but expensive (has a stay hot
container)

Example
http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts...ctricpots.html

There are a lot of brands and models available so do research

==============

Buy a Bunn coffee maker that always keeps a supply of
hot water ready to go. This way you could kill two birds
with one stone

http://www.bunnomatic.com/retail/pro...cts_index.html

Gary Hayman
http://snipurl.com/garyswebpages

Epsilon Rho 12-03-2008 02:44 PM

Hot water dispenser

Thank you all for the suggestion. Fortunately, after googling to death I
found it:
http://www.waterheaterdepot.com/stelmitawahe2.html
Gene

free-0-fat 16-03-2008 02:28 PM

Hot water dispenser

Insinkerator water heater is specific to what you want to do.

Wayne Boatwright[_4_] 17-03-2008 06:31 AM

Hot water dispenser

AFAIK, Insinkerator instant hot water heaters all use small tanks mounted
under the sink.

On Sun 16 Mar 2008 07:28:45a, free-0-fat told us...

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 03(III)/16(XVI)/08(MMVIII)