Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default slicing a bagel into 3 slices

I'm wondering if there is any way to slice a bagel into 3 slices instead of
buying an electric slicer or using a knife.
I've looked at all the slicers, and they all slice them into two pieces.

Thanks.
Dee Dee, whose bagels are too thick, sometimes

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat 19 Jan 2008 08:29:27a, Dee.Dee told us...

> I'm wondering if there is any way to slice a bagel into 3 slices instead
> of buying an electric slicer or using a knife.
> I've looked at all the slicers, and they all slice them into two pieces.
>
> Thanks.
> Dee Dee, whose bagels are too thick, sometimes

Try using an electric knife.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 01(I)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Cats must growl and hiss at the German
Shepherd next door causing him to pee.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:29:27 -0500, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:

>I'm wondering if there is any way to slice a bagel into 3 slices instead of
>buying an electric slicer or using a knife.

Assuming you don't mean avoiding a knife altogether, take a look at eBay
#310014800826.

Alternatively, use any bagel slicer which accomodates *very* thick bagels. Add a
spacer (can be anything, really -- your other half can undoubtedly fix you up)
as thick as the slices you want. Cut once, move the spacer to the opther side of
the bagel, and cut again. Voila -- three equal slices.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:29:27 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm wondering if there is any way to slice a bagel into 3 slices instead
>>of
>>buying an electric slicer or using a knife.

> Assuming you don't mean avoiding a knife altogether, take a look at eBay
> #310014800826.
>
> Alternatively, use any bagel slicer which accomodates *very* thick bagels.
> Add a
> spacer (can be anything, really -- your other half can undoubtedly fix you
> up)
> as thick as the slices you want. Cut once, move the spacer to the opther
> side of
> the bagel, and cut again. Voila -- three equal slices.
>
> -- Larry

Thanks, Larry. I'm going to buy a bagel slicer (and get DH to 'fix me up'
with a spacer - whatever that might turn out to be), and see if this will
work for me. Nothing to lose, as I've been using a knife to cut them
anyway.

#310014800826 -- that's something -- I thought I'd checked out online all
the bagel slicers.

Wayne, I'm a little leary of using (or asking DH to use) that Cuisinart
cadillac of an electric knife I bought for anything that isn't as big as a
'bread basket.' Thanks for answering, tho.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat 19 Jan 2008 01:57:51p, Sqwertz told us...

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:47:57 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Sat 19 Jan 2008 08:29:27a, Dee.Dee told us...
>>

>>> I'm wondering if there is any way to slice a bagel into 3 slices

instead
>>> of buying an electric slicer or using a knife.
>>> I've looked at all the slicers, and they all slice them into two

pieces.

>>> Thanks.
>>> Dee Dee, whose bagels are too thick, sometimes
>>>

>> Try using an electric knife.

> <snork> You're mean, Wayne.
>
> -sw

Actually, I've done this and it worked well for me.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 01(I)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
'Imagination is more important than
knowledge' - Einstein

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat 19 Jan 2008 04:17:52p, Sqwertz told us...

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:41:47 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> <snork> You're mean, Wayne.

>> Actually, I've done this and it worked well for me.

> I was figuring you didn't say that to be sarcastic. Afetr all,
> she did say she didn't want:
>
> 1. Electric slicer
> 2. Knife
>
> So you offered the best of both worlds ;-)
>
> -sw

I totally missed that comment in Dee's post. My apologies.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 01(I)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Youthful figu What you get when
asking a woman's age.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
pltrgyst > wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:29:27 -0500, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
>
> >I'm wondering if there is any way to slice a bagel into 3 slices instead of
> >buying an electric slicer or using a knife.

> Assuming you don't mean avoiding a knife altogether, take a look at eBay
> #310014800826.
>
> Alternatively, use any bagel slicer which accomodates *very* thick bagels.
> Add a
> spacer (can be anything, really -- your other half can undoubtedly fix you
> up)
> as thick as the slices you want. Cut once, move the spacer to the opther side
> of
> the bagel, and cut again. Voila -- three equal slices.

Similarly, perhaps on of those slicer guides geared towards bread
machine loaves would work. Put the bagel at teh back, and run the knife
through the last two slots.

jt
Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee.Dee View Post
I'm wondering if there is any way to slice a bagel into 3 slices instead of
buying an electric slicer or using a knife.
I've looked at all the slicers, and they all slice them into two pieces.

Thanks.
Dee Dee, whose bagels are too thick, sometimes

WOW ! So late to post news about a 3-slice bagel cheap gizmo.

Just recently discovered Blueberry Bagels at COSTCO, Busan, South Korea. Splattered with Blueberry Jam -- Fantastic !

Tastes like Light Rye bread back home in Toronto, Canada. Rye not normally available here, except for Russian Rye, which has gotta be 50% gray sawdust, at 6 bucks a small loaf.

3-Slicer :

Almost 20 years ago, on American TV channel, I saw a commercial for a simple gadget/guide for cutting bagels into 3 even slices, white-coloured, for about 9 bucks, if memory serves me right ? Uses your own knife.

Anyone own one of these guides, know its name, or know where I can get one ?

I want to dump crappy white and corn sandwich breads from the supermarkets forever.

Thanks, and sorry to be so late, Dee Dee.

Slicing Onions graham General Cooking 1 30-07-2011 04:12 PM
Slicing Onions projectile vomit chick[_3_] General Cooking 0 29-07-2011 08:45 PM
Slicing Onions Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 1 29-07-2011 12:47 PM
Slicing Onions sandi General Cooking 0 29-07-2011 04:10 AM