Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Beware of Kitchen-Aid

I was under the impression that Kitchen-Aid manufactured quality
products. My mom had one of their mixers and hasn't had a problem
with it and I was impressed with its heavy-duty design. I was in need
of a new blender, so I chose a Kitchen-Aid model (KSB560WH0). Like
the mixer, this was a heavy-duty piece of equipment but soon found it
was a piece of junk and the customer support was even worse.

I had the mixer for 3 months and used it every day for making a
smoothie. One day I was blending as normal with my left hand lightly
pressing on the lid when suddenly the normal pitch of the blender
increased dramatically. I picked up the pitcher and lots of small
black shreddings fell off the pitcher. The bottom of the pitcher had
a small wheel that locks into a rotating hole on the base. This hole
spins, causes the pitcher's wheel to spin, and this causes the blades
to rotate in the pitcher. The grooves on the little wheel and the
hole had been shredded. Attempting to use the blender at this point
is results in little spinning of the blades. It's almost like
punching the gas on a car while it's in neutral. The engine spins
like crazy but the energy isn't going anywhere useful.

I was very disappointed to discover that this heavy-duty blender used
a cheap plastic for these two parts. No wonder it shred to pieces. I
guess Kitchen-Aid didn't expect buyers to examine it that closely.

So then I tried their support. They needed for me to send them the
receipt. I found it, snapped a picture of it and emailed it. I
called to find out what was happening and they said it might take a
day or so. The next day I get a call saying that they couldn't open
my attachment. They suggested pasting the picture into a Word
document and resending it again. I did. That was Thursday.
Wednesday comes and I still haven't heard from them. I called up and
was told that they still couldn't open the attachment when they tried
to do so days ago. It ****ed me off that they opened this thing so
long ago and never bothered to tell me they couldn't open it. (And
why couldn't they open it? It's not like I'm using some sort of low-
budget freebee internet email service!) They took my phone number and
said they would call me tomorrow morning. I was also given an address
that I could physically mail the receipt which meant I had to go
through the trouble of getting a copy of the receipt, mailing the
letter, and hoping that someone at Kitchen Aid can figure out how to
open an envelope. Tomorrow afternoon came (i.e. NOW) and I hadn't
heard a word. I called in and was told that the person who was going
to call me wasn't in today. "She could call you tomorrow" - oh, OK.
Whatever. Also, every time I call they ask about faxing the
information, but since I don't have access to a Delorean I can't go
back to the 1980s when fax machines actually existed.

I don't know if these people are incompetents that simply just don't
have a clue that they're supposed to contact me when they fail to make
any progress, or if they're just crooks who don't want to honor my
warrenty. I'm thinking about getting another new blender because
there's no telling how many months it will take these a**holes to
resolve my issue.

BTW, as I was loading the blender I looked at an old blender from the
1960s that's on my counter and still works. It's not good for
smoothies, but works in all other cases. I wondered how long this new
blender would last considering its roommate is nearly 40 years old.
Less than 2 minutes later it was dead! They really don't make things
to last anymore do they?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:40:11 -0700, scs0 > wrote:

> They really don't make things
>to last anymore do they?

Now....what to you expect us to do? That was a long sad story but
unfortunately, I or not a single reader can help you.

Your issue is with the original seller of the appliance. We don't
honor warrenties here.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"scs0" > wrote in message

> So then I tried their support. They needed for me to send them the
> receipt. I found it, snapped a picture of it and emailed it.
> Whatever. Also, every time I call they ask about faxing the
> information, but since I don't have access to a Delorean I can't go
> back to the 1980s when fax machines actually existed.
>
> I don't know if these people are incompetents that simply just don't
> have a clue that they're supposed to contact me when they fail to make
> any progress,

Seems to me you may be the incompetent one. I still use my fax at times.
You can also fax from most computers. You can also use the United States
Postal Service for a small fee of 41¢. Get over yourself and get it done.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Jun 21, 9:52 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "scs0" > wrote in message
>
> > So then I tried their support. They needed for me to send them the
> > receipt. I found it, snapped a picture of it and emailed it.
> > Whatever. Also, every time I call they ask about faxing the
> > information, but since I don't have access to a Delorean I can't go
> > back to the 1980s when fax machines actually existed.

> > I don't know if these people are incompetents that simply just don't
> > have a clue that they're supposed to contact me when they fail to make
> > any progress,

> Seems to me you may be the incompetent one. I still use my fax at times.
> You can also fax from most computers. You can also use the United States
> Postal Service for a small fee of 41¢. Get over yourself and get it done.

Dear scs0:
Try to download the free efax. You will get a phone number for
yourself to give to people to fax you, and you will be able to fax
them. We've used it for years.

I think fax machines are archiac myelf.
Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:33:13 -0700, Dee Dee >
wrote:

>Try to download the free efax. You will get a phone number for
>yourself to give to people to fax you, and you will be able to fax
>them. We've used it for years.

Never heard of it....still using an 8088 (vbg),...not really but I
would like to know more about it!

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Jun 22, 8:52 am, Ward Abbott > wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:33:13 -0700, Dee Dee >
> wrote:
>
> >Try to download the free efax. You will get a phone number for
> >yourself to give to people to fax you, and you will be able to fax
> >them. We've used it for years.

> Never heard of it....still using an 8088 (vbg),...not really but I
> would like to know more about it!

Peter A. might be probably correct; but I have used it mainly to fax
some semi-important documents; to receive medical records, etc.

This may be it.
http://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/page...age?CMP=OTC-us

Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:53:12 -0500, Steve Wertz > wrote:

>81% of households in the US have fax capabilities....

Where -- built into the microwave?

Damn, I knew all those buttons were for something.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

pltrgyst > wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:53:12 -0500, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> >81% of households in the US have fax capabilities....

> Where -- built into the microwave?
> Damn, I knew all those buttons were for something.

81% sounds high, but it's getting hard to buy a printer for
your home computer that doesn't include fax capability.
I don't know, is there fax built in to cell phones now maybe?
It would be pretty easy with the camera phones I would think.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:27:38 -0400, Peter A >
wrote:

>Those e-fax services have serious limitations.

After doing a little investigations....those "fax services" are down
right expensive. Some were $120 bucks per year.

You can buy a stand alone fax machine at Staples or Office Depot for
under fifty bucks.....seen some for 40 bucks.

It you don't need one but for a few copies a year...it wouldn't take
long before you had bought three machines a year.....WOW!!!!

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 03:23:32 GMT, Steve Wertz > wrote:

>> 81% sounds high, but it's getting hard to buy a printer for
>> your home computer that doesn't include fax capability.

Actually, if you look at the new models, it's getting easier, as more low-end
all-in-ones come out without fax.

>Practically all modems have Fax capabilities. And almost all
>pre-built computers have modems on the motherboards nowdays.
>
>And any computer with any sort of internet connection can be used
>to fax, with or without a fax modem.

Whether printers or computers have fax modems is immaterial. I'll bet that less
than ten percent of them are plugged into phone lines, which is what matters. My
two certainly aren't.

>But if you want to know the truth, I just pulled that number out
>of my ass.

Well, we suspected that. But good try. 8

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Ward Abbott > wrote:

> After doing a little investigations....those "fax services" are down
> right expensive. Some were $120 bucks per year.
>
> You can buy a stand alone fax machine at Staples or Office Depot for
> under fifty bucks.....seen some for 40 bucks.
>
> It you don't need one but for a few copies a year...it wouldn't take
> long before you had bought three machines a year.....WOW!!!!

One other option not mentioned is how my father does it. He faxes maybe
once a year on a busy year, so he uses a nearby Office Max. Roughly a
buck to send or receive up to three pages, I think is what he said. For
him and how much he faxes, he considers the price reasonable.

Me, myself and I, I just use the fax at work (my employer allows me to,
I know some do and some don't). This may be an option for some people
here with no home fax.

Then, there's perhaps a neighbor who has a fax-in-one printer or set-up
fax modem.

Remember: Where there's a will, there's probate.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:02:17 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>Doesn't matter. They still have the _capability_, which was my
>original claim.

My health insurance provider has sent me a form to fill out in my
handwriting (i.e. signature) and fax back to them.

Did you explain how you scan a document that has been provided by a
health care provider? I can't figure that one out....even though my
computer has fax capabilities.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
> Did you explain how you scan a document that has been provided by a
> health care provider? I can't figure that one out....even though my
> computer has fax capabilities.

That, and similar situations, is why stand alone fax machines will live on
for many more years. The other option is a scanner or scanner/fax/printer
unit.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
>> Did you explain how you scan a document that has been provided by a
>> health care provider? I can't figure that one out....even though
>> my computer has fax capabilities.

> That, and similar situations, is why stand alone fax machines will
> live on for many more years. The other option is a scanner or
> scanner/fax/printer unit.

Advantage, stand-alone units: When my scanner went south this spring,
it didn't effect my ability to print with my printer or to use my fax
machine to send and receive faxes (and make copies).

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:43:23 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>Do you have a car at your house?

Exactly what point are you trying to make with ALL of your flawed
logic? Trying to make everyone BELIEVE we should THINK like you
do does not make it so. Give it up.....I don't really care WHAT
you think.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 02:42:11 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>That, and similar situations, is why stand alone fax machines will live on
>for many more years. The other option is a scanner or scanner/fax/printer
>unit.

I know that.....and so does anyone who has three brain cells to rub
together.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Table top burner (was Beware of Kitchen-Aid)

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> Does anyone have any opinions on how well this
> would work as a wok stove/burner? It boasts 150,000 BTU.
>
> http://www.bayouclassicfryers.com/co...idProduct=4160

The only thing I would ask, and the web site didn't tell me a thing to
answer this, is how fire safe it is on what kind of surfaces? I
wouldn't use this on my glass top backyard table, nor would I feel
comfortable using this on a park wood picnic table. And it would be a
problem setting it on my patio. Personally, I think a stand-alone camp
stove would work better. But maybe that's just me.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> I have a very hardwood, 30-40lb end-table that I would mount this
> on. I don't see it being a problem. It would take a long time
> for this table to catch on fire.

That given, the physical design looks otherwise like a basic side burner
found on many gas and propane grills. My grill's side burner burns very
hot, best burner I have for corn on the cob or boiling a big pot of
potatoes for a mondo sized batch of potato salad.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:14:13 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>That you're gullible?

No...I still get to choose who to kill file. Your name calling is
something to expect from the first grade.... You are a
bore....infantile and I find your comments something that I can't
abide....in this forum and the rest that you barge your way into.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

jt august wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve Wertz > wrote:
>
>> I have a very hardwood, 30-40lb end-table that I would mount this
>> on. I don't see it being a problem. It would take a long time
>> for this table to catch on fire.

> That given, the physical design looks otherwise like a basic side
> burner found on many gas and propane grills. My grill's side burner
> burns very hot, best burner I have for corn on the cob or boiling a
> big pot of potatoes for a mondo sized batch of potato salad.

Prolly don't get anywhere near as hot as 150,000 btu., though. More like
15 - 20000.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.equipment

> Now....what to you expect us to do?

This is a newgroup called rec.food.equipment and I posted a comment
about an experience with a piece of equipment and the lack of customer
service I received. Is that against the law? What was the point of
your post?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

> Seems to me you may be the incompetent one. I still use my fax at times.
> You can also fax from most computers. You can also use the United States
> Postal Service for a small fee of 41¢. Get over yourself and get it done.

I'm not going to go research how to use some antiquated piece of anti-
technology because the people at Kitchen-Aid can't figure out how to
open an email attachment.

Get over myself? Why don't you get over yourself you worthless piece
of shit. I bought a piece of equipment that doesn't work and your
sitting there blaming *me* for the incompetience of Kitchen Aid. Oh,
and even though I've called back several times I'm still waiting for
them to get back in touch with me, but I guess that's my fault somehow
too, right?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"scs0" > wrote in message
> I'm not going to go research how to use some antiquated piece of anti-
> technology because the people at Kitchen-Aid can't figure out how to
> open an email attachment.

Pushing the buttons for the fax number may be beyond your capabilites.

> Get over myself? Why don't you get over yourself you worthless piece
> of shit.

Now there is an impressive comment. Did you show it to your mommy to make
her proud of you? Print out your post so she can hang it on the
refrigerator to show the beauty of the child she raised. Yep, that'll make
her proud when the neighbors see it.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On 12 Jul 2007 10:08:25 GMT, Martin Trautmann wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 03:23:32 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:
>>> Practically all modems have Fax capabilities. And almost all
>>> pre-built computers have modems on the motherboards nowdays.

>> No - many desktop PCs don't include a modem at all.

> I just checked the most recent Acer, Compaq, eMachines, HP, and
> Gateway computers at BestBuy.com and they all had FAX modems.

Most that I've seen do have a modem.

>> Laptops nowadays do no longer offer a built-in modem.

Mine does. It's new enough that I had to buy it with Vista installed.
My work laptop also has a modem. It's less than a year old.

BOB
has never even plugged in the phone line to the modems, but they are there.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Martin Trautmann" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:01:21 -0400, BOB wrote:
>> Most that I've seen do have a modem.

> Many Macs no longer have a modem - Apple is ahead of the trend many
> times. So maybe others still got it.

AM. You stated:
"No - many desktop PCs don't include a modem at all."
"Laptops nowadays do no longer offer a built-in modem."

"However, I wondered about the trouble of copying the bill. They got
camera, but they did not have a printer!?"

"Amazing - I never believed in the paperless office,"

You *WERE* talking PCs, now you're talking "Macs" and "Apples"?
Make up your mind.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Martin Trautmann wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:54:26 -0400, BOB wrote:
>> You *WERE* talking PCs, now you're talking "Macs" and "Apples"?
>> Make up your mind.

> Ah, sorry - if PC is a Win/Dos Machne to you, I was obviously wrong.

PC means a Windows machine to just about everyone in the known world,
not just Bob. And I have both species at home. And yes the Mac (it's a
17 inch G4 Powerbook laptop) DOES have a fax/modem in it. Apropros to
the discussion, if you have a scanner, you also have a defacto copy machine.
--
Jack N2MPU
Proud NRA Life member
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Martin Trautmann > wrote:

> PC were 'Personal Computers'. The first one probably was the Xerox Alto
> (1973). The first one built in higher numbers actually was the Apple II!

OK, I read this forum to discuss cooking toys. This thread had to do
with faxing something to Kitchen Aid weeks ago. What this thread has
degenerated into is a comp.sys.* discussion. Please move it to the
appropriate newsgroup, and let's get back to the blenders, toasty ovens
and electric pepper mills.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"jt august" > wrote in message
> OK, I read this forum to discuss cooking toys. This thread had to do
> with faxing something to Kitchen Aid weeks ago. What this thread has
> degenerated into is a comp.sys.* discussion. Please move it to the
> appropriate newsgroup, and let's get back to the blenders, toasty ovens
> and electric pepper mills.
>
> jt

OK, if I have an instruction book from an Oster blender, how can I fax a
copy of it to a friend if my Apple has no fax modem?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:06:37 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

>OK, if I have an instruction book from an Oster blender, how can I fax a
>copy of it to a friend if my Apple has no fax modem?

I thought someone had long ago answered that question -- take it to Kinkos and
fax it from there. Make copies of each page there first, if necessary.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> OK, if I have an instruction book from an Oster blender, how can I fax a
> copy of it to a friend if my Apple has no fax modem?

Take it to comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc, comp.sys.mac.system or
comp.sys.mac.misc for your answer. Any technical faxing issues are not
about cooking equipment.

The usenet is a big, expansive collection of forums on an amazing range
of topics. You are more likely to get an answer to a question in a
newsgroup that deals routinely with a given subject.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"jt august" > wrote in message

>> OK, if I have an instruction book from an Oster blender, how can I fax a
>> copy of it to a friend if my Apple has no fax modem?

> Take it to comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc, comp.sys.mac.system or
> comp.sys.mac.misc for your answer. Any technical faxing issues are not
> about cooking equipment.
>
> The usenet is a big, expansive collection of forums on an amazing range
> of topics. You are more likely to get an answer to a question in a
> newsgroup that deals routinely with a given subject.
>
> jt

Seems like you have no sense of humor either.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Jul 14, 10:12 am, jt august > wrote:
> In article >,
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
> > OK, if I have an instruction book from an Oster blender, how can I fax a
> > copy of it to a friend if my Apple has no fax modem?

> Take it to comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc, comp.sys.mac.system or
> comp.sys.mac.misc for your answer. Any technical faxing issues are not
> about cooking equipment.
>
> The usenet is a big, expansive collection of forums on an amazing range
> of topics. You are more likely to get an answer to a question in a
> newsgroup that deals routinely with a given subject.
>
> jt

Instead of waiting to figure it out, try the mail. I know it's
archaiac, but it'll get there before you know it. Mail it Monday.
Get there Wednesday.
But, first of all, I assume your friend has a fax to receive it
on. ;-)
Good luck,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article > ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Seems like you have no sense of humor either.

I do have a sense of humor, but on this thread, I have gotten fed up.
Especially when - if you read the whole thread from the beginning - many
of the same answers came around repeatedly, and then in the last week,
it has turned into a platform war - mac vs pc. On this latter, even the
mac guys and the pc guys in their respective forums want those posts
taken to the advocacy forums.

It's not a lack of humor in this case, I've just gotten tired of this OT
thread. Very tired.

I had killfiled the subject, but I set a time limit because the title
could come up again in the future as a new discussion, and one worth
reading. I saw these latest posts and thought, "Oh, no. Not again."*

jt

* Flower Pot, from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:15:09 GMT, jt august > wrote:

>I had killfiled the subject, but I set a time limit because the title
>could come up again in the future as a new discussion, and one worth
>reading. I saw these latest posts and thought, "Oh, no. Not again."*

So you choose to annoy everyone else because of your own incompetence at either
creating USEnet filters or choosing a newsreader. What a funny sense of values
you have.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
pltrgyst > wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:15:09 GMT, jt august > wrote:
>
> >I had killfiled the subject, but I set a time limit because the title
> >could come up again in the future as a new discussion, and one worth
> >reading. I saw these latest posts and thought, "Oh, no. Not again."*

> So you choose to annoy everyone else because of your own incompetence at
> either
> creating USEnet filters or choosing a newsreader. What a funny sense of
> values
> you have.

Such a sweet attitude. No, I set the killfile, and I set an expiration
date of July 9. I was hoping that in the four weeks I chose to block
the thread it would die off, and it annoys me that the same OT thread
still rages on. I chose to annoy the trolls who keep this worthless
thread alive, and I would guess you to count yourself among them based
on your reply.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Hey N2MPU Jack

Did you ever get the HO scale ladders from PSC? Inquiring minds want
to know. Also I guess there are still a couple fellows that will give
you calling cards with time still available. Come back to trains.com.
You are missed old geezer.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:40:11 -0700, scs0 wrote:
>
> > but since I don't have access to a Delorean I can't go
> > back to the 1980s when fax machines actually existed.

> 81% of households in the US have fax capabilities. And then
> there's always the grocery stores, libraries, shipping stores...
> It's not like an 8-track player.
>
> -sw

Where'd you get the 81%? LOL!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and

Beware kitchen devil! Andy[_2_] General Cooking 4 08-05-2007 04:13 AM
Beware of cookie! notbob General Cooking 8 18-06-2006 11:01 PM
Buyer Beware Mike Petro Tea 69 11-11-2005 12:24 PM
Beware Salter Electronic Kitchen Scales Farry General Cooking 60 01-02-2004 04:23 AM
Beware Salter Electronic Kitchen Scales Farry Cooking Equipment 56 01-02-2004 04:23 AM