Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Where to buy a pan like this but higher quality?

My wife has always liked the size and shape of her 12" Revereware pan.
What she likes most about it is that the sides go 'almost' but not
quite straight up from the cooking surface.

Here's a photo

http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/%5Cu...0035001176.jpg

It's time for a new one and she's fine with an exact replacement but
I'd like to buy her a higher-quality product. The problem is I can't
seem to find a Non-stick skillet with sides that don't slope up
gradually. The items I find with sides that are similar usually aren't
non-stick. In addition I want to buy a single piece not a set.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 7 Feb 2007 12:02:09 -0800, "engwar" > wrote:

>My wife has always liked the size and shape of her 12" Revereware pan.
>What she likes most about it is that the sides go 'almost' but not
>quite straight up from the cooking surface.
>
>http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/%5Cu...0035001176.jpg
>
>.... The problem is I can't
>seem to find a Non-stick skillet with sides that don't slope up
>gradually. The items I find with sides that are similar usually aren't
>non-stick. In addition I want to buy a single piece not a set.

I've got a 12" Cuisinart that looks exactly like that. I use it almost
exclusively for eggs, and its quite decent quality. The nonstick surface is
excellent. I believe I found it in a Target store -- it was someplace generic
like that or a supermarket.

-- Larry