Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Roaster insert

This Xmas my daughter & I are going to roast a goose(geese) for dinner. To
feed the number of people we have we acquired 2 geese(8 & 7 lbs). The
problem comes from finding a roasting pan with rack(cover not needed) that
would hold both birds & still fit in my oven. After a lengthy search my
daughter found the ideal size......the insert from my Kenmore electric
roaster. Fits perfectly in my oven. We are concerned about using it in a way
that its not designed for, but heat is heat isn't it? The last step in
cooking the birds call for 400° for 15 minutes, well within the temp range
of the Kenmore. Do any of you see a problem with this???
TIA

Corky

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Oh pshaw, on Fri 15 Dec 2006 05:44:36a, Roughrider50 meant to say...

> This Xmas my daughter & I are going to roast a goose(geese) for dinner.
> To feed the number of people we have we acquired 2 geese(8 & 7 lbs). The
> problem comes from finding a roasting pan with rack(cover not needed)
> that would hold both birds & still fit in my oven. After a lengthy
> search my daughter found the ideal size......the insert from my Kenmore
> electric roaster. Fits perfectly in my oven. We are concerned about
> using it in a way that its not designed for, but heat is heat isn't it?
> The last step in cooking the birds call for 400° for 15 minutes, well
> within the temp range of the Kenmore. Do any of you see a problem with
> this??? TIA
>
> Corky

It will be fine. The insert is porcelain over steel, just like the interior
of most range ovens.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

My insert arrived Kalmia General Cooking 5 22-06-2012 03:46 PM
T-Fal handle insert? [email protected] General Cooking 2 31-10-2005 08:25 PM
electric frypan insert Jen General Cooking 2 10-10-2005 05:01 PM
When to insert Maverick? M&M Barbecue 6 29-04-2004 11:17 AM
oven insert TwoTon General Cooking 2 11-10-2003 07:54 AM