Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Electric Roaster Ovens

Trying to do my home work on searching for an electric roaster oven
similar to those owned by our grandparents/parents back in the days when
appliances were built to last.

Been on amazon.com & do NOT want to mess with e-bay.
Also prefer a commercial grade as I will be using the roaster not only
during holidays but through out the year heavily.

So far the commercial Hamilton Beach has caught my eye and also seem the
Nesco roaster/convection oven.

Can any one recommend a tried & proven roaster to buy as not only I
don't want to tie up my regular oven during the holidays but will be
roasting a lot of turkeys/chickens during the summer months.

TIA

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Experienced Member

Location: Las Vegas, NV

http://www.epinions.com/other_small_..._redir_att__~1

This may help.
Tonia

"ms. tonya" > wrote in message
> Trying to do my home work on searching for an electric roaster oven
> similar to those owned by our grandparents/parents back in the days when
> appliances were built to last.
>
> Been on amazon.com & do NOT want to mess with e-bay.
> Also prefer a commercial grade as I will be using the roaster not only
> during holidays but through out the year heavily.
>
> So far the commercial Hamilton Beach has caught my eye and also seem the
> Nesco roaster/convection oven.
>
> Can any one recommend a tried & proven roaster to buy as not only I
> don't want to tie up my regular oven during the holidays but will be
> roasting a lot of turkeys/chickens during the summer months.
>
> TIA

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Oh pshaw, on Mon 27 Nov 2006 04:09:11p, ms. tonya meant to say...

> Trying to do my home work on searching for an electric roaster oven
> similar to those owned by our grandparents/parents back in the days when
> appliances were built to last.
>
> Been on amazon.com & do NOT want to mess with e-bay.
> Also prefer a commercial grade as I will be using the roaster not only
> during holidays but through out the year heavily.
>
> So far the commercial Hamilton Beach has caught my eye and also seem the
> Nesco roaster/convection oven.
>
> Can any one recommend a tried & proven roaster to buy as not only I
> don't want to tie up my regular oven during the holidays but will be
> roasting a lot of turkeys/chickens during the summer months.
>
> TIA

Since I have a vintage Westinghouse, I have looked at both Hamilton Beach
and Nesco out of curiosity. I don't think you could go wrong with either
one. They are sturdily built.

There isn't much to wrong with these roasters, as they are nothing more
than an inner and outer shell with a heating element in between and a
simple thermostat to control the heat. Both have removable wells that hold
the food. The ones I have looked at are all metal construction except for
the handles.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats don't brag about whom they have slept with.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Oh pshaw, on Mon 27 Nov 2006 08:33:40p, ms. tonya meant to say...

> Thanks Wayne.
>
> I did see your pic on other cooking ng of your westinghouse model and
> that's what made me to start looking online for one myself.
>
> My grandmother and mother both had the same as yours way back in the
> 50's and I was just hoping to find a decent model as most appliances
> today are junk plastic.

You're welcome. As I said, I've looked at both brands of what is now on the
market. Personally, if I had to choose one over the other, I would probably
go with the 18 qt. Hamilton Beach. I don't believe anyone makes a 20 qt.
anymore. If I were going to buy a smaller one, I'd go with the oval Nesco.
Both very good brands for this product.

Hope you get one and enjoy it!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats don't brag about whom they have slept with.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Oh pshaw, on Mon 27 Nov 2006 08:00:23p, Wayne Boatwright meant to say...

> Oh pshaw, on Mon 27 Nov 2006 08:33:40p, ms. tonya meant to say...
>
>> Thanks Wayne.
>>
>> I did see your pic on other cooking ng of your westinghouse model and
>> that's what made me to start looking online for one myself.
>>
>> My grandmother and mother both had the same as yours way back in the
>> 50's and I was just hoping to find a decent model as most appliances
>> today are junk plastic.

> You're welcome. As I said, I've looked at both brands of what is now on
> the market. Personally, if I had to choose one over the other, I would
> probably go with the 18 qt. Hamilton Beach. I don't believe anyone
> makes a 20 qt. anymore. If I were going to buy a smaller one, I'd go
> with the oval Nesco. Both very good brands for this product.
>
> Hope you get one and enjoy it!

Aha! I was wrong. Hamilton Beach also makes a 22 qt. model that I just
found, but you probably already know that since you've been looking. I
would probably still stay with the 18 qt.