Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

Default Is It the 21st Century Yet??

LRod <duckecho@gmail-dot-com> wrote:
(Steven M. >O'Neill) wrote:

>>>For all the good those suppositories did me, I met as well
>>>have stuck them up my ass.
>>>
>>>Been waiting years for an opportunity to use that.

>>Next time, take a second to proofread!

>Well, I've taken several minutes pondering your statement,
>and I've yet to figure out what I missed. The party to whom I
>was responding made a comment about Preparation H, a topical
>treatment for hemerrhoids (what ever happened to Preparation A
>through G, by the way?). [etc.]

Yes, yes, it's very funny.

But you wrote: "I met as well have". Unless you live in South
Park and spell phonetically, that makes no sense.

Meet \Meet\ (m[=e]t), v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Met} (m[e^]t); p. pr.
& vb. n. {Meeting}.] [OE. meten, AS. m[=e]tan, fr. m[=o]t,
gem[=o]t, a meeting; akin to OS. m[=o]tian to meet, Icel.
maeta, Goth. gam[=o]tjan. See {Moot}, v. t.]
1. To join, or come in contact with; esp., to come in contact
with by approach from an opposite direction; to come upon
or against, front to front, as distinguished from contact
by following and overtaking.
[1913 Webster]

HTH.

--
Steven O'Neill
Brooklyn, NY
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

> wrote in message
.. .

> On 4-Oct-2006, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>
>> "Glenn" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> > Cooking indoors with gas or fire (except with a fireplace) is extremely
>> > dangerous and can kill you. On gas stoves they recommend that you use
>> > an
>> >
>> > exhaust fan.

>> Regular gas stoves? That's some recommendation, since the so-called
>> "exhaust
>> fan" in most homes does nothing but hoist the air right back into the
>> room.

> "Most" might be the operative word, but mine, at least, is vented through
> the roof. Indoor grilling on a castiron grill pan over a strong gas burner
> works pretty well. But it produces a lot of smoke and other airborne
> polutants. I do it anyway as I usually cook only a single steak. It
> doesn't
> take long and avoids the aggravating startup of my outdoor charcoal grill.

Outdoor grill: Aggravating because of the wait, or difficulty starting the
coals? If the latter, have you tried a chimney starter? $11.00 from Weber,
works like magic. Still a 30 minute wait, but no screwing around with fluid
or strange electric gadgets.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

(Steven M. >O'Neill) wrote:

>>>Next time, take a second to proofread!

>>Well, I've taken several minutes pondering your statement,
>>and I've yet to figure out what I missed. The party to whom I
>>was responding made a comment about Preparation H, a topical
>>treatment for hemerrhoids (what ever happened to Preparation A
>>through G, by the way?). [etc.]

>Yes, yes, it's very funny.
>
>But you wrote: "I met as well have". Unless you live in South
>Park and spell phonetically, that makes no sense.

Oh, typo. I never caught it even the second time around. I find as I
get older that my mind wanders a little more as I type (I'm a fairly
quick touch typist and a good speller), and I've started making
typographical errors that I never did twenty years ago.

Thanks.

[unneeded resources snipped]

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

> wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> I'm having the damnedest luck researching this, and I don't know why.
>> Maybe it's just not made??
>>
>> I want to grill my own steaks. At home. On a table. That's all!
>>
>> But electric doesn't seem to really do the job, on account of the low
>> temperatures. So gas seems the way to go. But, heck, where are these
>> things?? Doesn't anyone make a simple gas grill that sits on the table
>> or counter top and can be used indoors? Okay, so I need ventilation:
>> I'll leave the window open and have a fan blowing.
>>
>> I tried looking and looking but no one seems to make such a thing! I
>> just need to directly cook over flames in an apartment, and I can't buy
>> some huge fancy restaurant-grade contraption.
>>
>> Now, in the meantime, I came across something called infrared grilling!
>> Sounds interesting, but they are at least a grand and a half for the
>> low-end models, and I need them smaller, anyway.
>>
>> So does anyone have any recommendations? Or am I forced to use a
>> portable tabletop CHARCOAL grill indoors?? (That means I'll have to
>> buy an industrial-strength fan, too, in all likelihood!)
>>
>> I can't believe it's so hard to get a fire started in 2006 A.D. =)
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice! I want to cook meat directly over
>> flames, but indoors, in an apartment, no less! I don't know why, but
>> all the grilling stuff I can google are either outdoors or electric or
>> over fireplaces!!

Barbeques Galore sell an LP-fired Infrared grill that is made for table
top cooking. It's great and costs well under $200. My very strong
suspicion is that it would be not good to use it indoors because of the
smoke and carbon monoxide threat. That would be true for virtually any
indoor grill, though. One exception to this is the Jenn-Air grill. We
had one of those and it works great. It's part of their system where
you can plug in different assemblies to a cooktop. For instance, you
can remove the coil or flush units from one side and drop in their
electric grill assembly or a deep fat fryer. It's great for a couple
steaks at a time. Their system includes a center mounted vent in the
center of the grill, that draws cool air over the top of the grill and
down and outside.

Turbo IR grill http://tinyurl.com/mhfzb

One final thought about the Jenn-air. We once put a second Jenn-air
into a basement kitchen to do more cooking for parties. I didn't have
decent outside wall access for a direct vent, so we bought their self
venting stove. Below the oven, where you would normally find a drawer
for pots and pans, they had an electrostatic precipitator. When the
vent fan ran, so did the electrically charged plates. There would be
virtually no smoke from grilling in the kitchen and the plates lifted
out easily for an occasional soap and water bath.

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

LRod <duckecho@gmail-dot-com> wrote:
>Oh, typo. I never caught it even the second time around. I find as I
>get older that my mind wanders a little more as I type (I'm a fairly
>quick touch typist and a good speller), and I've started making
>typographical errors that I never did twenty years ago.
>
>Thanks.

Godspeed.

--
Steven O'Neill
Brooklyn, NY

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,alt.religion.kibology,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:34:20 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

>Back to your charming description of Ms. Ray: Bitter much? How long
>has your divorce been final?

I, for one, am in lurve with Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. She
actually looks as though she eats the food she cooks. Also, I've
always been a sucker for dark-haired women with beautiful eyes.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

http://www.rasmussen.biz/grills/portG.html

> --
> Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

Thanks for the ref, and to all y'all who responded.

I guess I'm just wondering why only restaurants can have a real indoor
grill. I mean, yeah, they have powerful ventilation, insurance,
automated foam and water sprinkler systems, etc. But I'm just
surprised that no one's invented a device that allows for "proper"
indoor grilling without blowing yourself up or something. Are we
talking the laws of physics here, or that such a device would be too
expensive, or no market demand?

I talked to a Solaire company rep over the phone and basically the
problem is an explosion and carbon monoxide poisoning. Well, with
proper ventilation, the air pollution thing can be taken care of. But
the gas leak and spontaneous combustion bit...that's the real
deal-breaker, isn't it?

I'm just puzzled why household electricity can power a 14K BTU air
conditioner safely but a 14K BTU grill needs propane gas to run....

Thanks again for all your thoughts. Obviously, I've no idea what's
involved with the situation.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

> wrote in message
ps.com...

> wrote:
>>

>> Tfhis will do it for you. Lots of seering capability for steaks. Cost is
>> about US$300.

http://www.rasmussen.biz/grills/portG.html

>> --
>> Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

> Thanks for the ref, and to all y'all who responded.
>
> I guess I'm just wondering why only restaurants can have a real indoor
> grill. I mean, yeah, they have powerful ventilation, insurance,
> automated foam and water sprinkler systems, etc. But I'm just
> surprised that no one's invented a device that allows for "proper"
> indoor grilling without blowing yourself up or something. Are we
> talking the laws of physics here, or that such a device would be too
> expensive, or no market demand?
>
> I talked to a Solaire company rep over the phone and basically the
> problem is an explosion and carbon monoxide poisoning. Well, with
> proper ventilation, the air pollution thing can be taken care of. But
> the gas leak and spontaneous combustion bit...that's the real
> deal-breaker, isn't it?
>
> I'm just puzzled why household electricity can power a 14K BTU air
> conditioner safely but a 14K BTU grill needs propane gas to run....
>
> Thanks again for all your thoughts. Obviously, I've no idea what's
> involved with the situation.

Yes you do. You just explained it to yourself.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

pltrgyst wrote:
> I just thought I'd point out that in many cities it's against the law or zoning
> regulations to even store a gas cylinder in an apartment, let alone use it. In
> many places, this applies to balconies as well.
>
> So you might be risking having your lease terminated if you decide on propane or
> LG.
>
> In some cities, this applies to charcoal fires as well.
>
> -- Larry

Indeed. That's why I was wondering why we can send a man to the moon
but can't properly grill steaks indoors without propane gas. Is there
some Law of Thermodynamics by which I must go to a restaurant for a
real steak??

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

Again, check out the Jenn-air electric grilling insert for their stoves
and cooktops. It seems to be exactly what you are requesting.

Nonnymus

>> Tfhis will do it for you. Lots of seering capability for steaks. Cost is
>> about US$300.

http://www.rasmussen.biz/grills/portG.html

>> --
>> Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

> Thanks for the ref, and to all y'all who responded.
>
> I guess I'm just wondering why only restaurants can have a real indoor
> grill. I mean, yeah, they have powerful ventilation, insurance,
> automated foam and water sprinkler systems, etc. But I'm just
> surprised that no one's invented a device that allows for "proper"
> indoor grilling without blowing yourself up or something. Are we
> talking the laws of physics here, or that such a device would be too
> expensive, or no market demand?
>
> I talked to a Solaire company rep over the phone and basically the
> problem is an explosion and carbon monoxide poisoning. Well, with
> proper ventilation, the air pollution thing can be taken care of. But
> the gas leak and spontaneous combustion bit...that's the real
> deal-breaker, isn't it?
>
> I'm just puzzled why household electricity can power a 14K BTU air
> conditioner safely but a 14K BTU grill needs propane gas to run....
>
> Thanks again for all your thoughts. Obviously, I've no idea what's
> involved with the situation.

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
the unstable elements tend to hang out on
the far left, with some to the right as well.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

"Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> Again, check out the Jenn-air electric grilling insert for their stoves
> and cooktops. It seems to be exactly what you are requesting.

He lives in an apartment, and it doesn't sound like he owns it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

Sorry, but I didn't understand that part. Then, I'd suggest balcony
grilling using the Barbeques Galore Turbo IR portable grill with LP. It
can be throttled back some for more traditional cooking, and the
enclosed SS box with drip pan makes it a stand-alone cooker and grill
that would probably be fine on a table top.

Nonny

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>> Again, check out the Jenn-air electric grilling insert for their stoves
>> and cooktops. It seems to be exactly what you are requesting.

> He lives in an apartment, and it doesn't sound like he owns it.

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
the unstable elements tend to hang out on
the far left, with some to the right as well.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

"Nonnymus" > wrote in message

> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>>> Again, check out the Jenn-air electric grilling insert for their stoves
>>> and cooktops. It seems to be exactly what you are requesting.

>> He lives in an apartment, and it doesn't sound like he owns it.

> Sorry, but I didn't understand that part. Then, I'd suggest balcony
> grilling using the Barbeques Galore Turbo IR portable grill with LP. It
> can be throttled back some for more traditional cooking, and the enclosed
> SS box with drip pan makes it a stand-alone cooker and grill that would
> probably be fine on a table top.
>
> Nonny

I suspect if he had a balcony, he wouldn't be asking these questions. But
hey...anything can happen.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,alt.religion.kibology,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:31:35 -0400, Chris McGonnell
> wrote:

>I, for one, am in lurve with Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. She
>actually looks as though she eats the food she cooks....

Yes, she's Vlad's favourite, along with Nigella Lawson.

-=D=-

--
"I'm still here, you *******s!"
---Papillon

http://www.yougotta.com/DARLA/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

On 6-Oct-2006, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> > Again, check out the Jenn-Air electric grilling insert for their stoves
> > and cook tops. It seems to be exactly what you are requesting.

> He lives in an apartment, and it doesn't sound like he owns it.

Lots of good comments in this thread. I won't argue with any of it.
I'll just add a few comments from my own experience.

1. I have a 1650W Farberware portable tabletop grill. It won't grill
a steak worth a damn. Does a nice rotisserie chicken though.

2. I have both single and double burner CI grill pans. Either will get
hot enough on my Jenn-Air Air (Maytag) gas stovetop. I use the single
burner pan sporadically to grill a single steak. I worry about the
heat trapped under the pan and reflected back onto the porcelein
of the cooktop. My porcelein CI grates are aleady bubbled from
excessive heat. I consequently keep the pan hot no longer then
necessary to get my steak (single) done. I wouldn't think of using
it long enough to grill six steaks in two or more batches. I won't
use the double burner grill at searing temp at all. I do use it
sporadically to grill vegetables.

3. My range broiler will sear and finish a 2" steak in about 4 mins
per side. Searing is more then adequate, but I don't equate the
broiler effect with a charcoal grill. Broiler traps fat on the surface
resulting in a totally different product. I do broil steaks sometimes.

4. Most residential ranges do not have a 12,000 BTU burner as
does mine. I have one such and the other three peak out visually
at about 2/3rds of that. (My manual doesn't tell except for the high
output burner.)

5. In any case grilling and broiling at steak seaing temperature
produces some serious air pollution products including airborne fat
particles which fall out and coat everything in the area. My vented
rangehood gets most of it, but certainly not all. Another reason to
limit indoor gilling to a bare minimum.

6. I have a large (18"W X 12"H X 10"D) convection toaster
oven with broil, bake and rotisserie features. It runs off a 110VAC
wall outlet and as such won't reach searing temperature. Otherwise,
all functions work very well. It's by Ultrex and has a shitty timer
control. Probably why they sold online at ridiculously low prices.

7. Finally, on the subject of CO or CO2 byproducts in the house.
I sincerely doubt that ten minutes of grilling on an IR grill will
cause hazardous levels of either to accumulate in the house.
Like any other fossil fueled heating device, I wouldn't leave it
lit for long periods without lots of ventilation.

That's my 2¢ worth.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

wrote:
> Thanks in advance for any advice! I want to cook meat directly over
> flames, but indoors, in an apartment, no less!

Would you consider cooking meat directly under flames? If so, I've got
an idea.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,alt.religion.kibology,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 01:52:56 GMT, Darla Vladschyk wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:31:35 -0400, Chris McGonnell
> wrote:
>
>>I, for one, am in lurve with Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. She
>>actually looks as though she eats the food she cooks....

>Yes, she's Vlad's favourite, along with Nigella Lawson.

Dear Auntie Darla:

Is it wrong to watch the Food Channel while eating dinner?

C.M.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.
"My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

> Get a cast-iron grill pan, preheat it well, and start
> the steak from room temperature.
> > After a few steaks you'll have adjusted the times

> and temperatures to your liking.> > -Blair

this is the most direct answer for a simple question
;-)

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:13:33 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>> Forget gas. Just spread out some tin foil on the dining room table, dump
>> a chimney's worth of charcoal and woodchunks on top of that, and start
>> grilling.

>Won't that be hard to clean up after cooking?

No sweat -- the fire department will handle that for you.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:13:33 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>> Forget gas. Just spread out some tin foil on the dining room table,
>>> dump
>>> a chimney's worth of charcoal and woodchunks on top of that, and start
>>> grilling.

>>Won't that be hard to clean up after cooking?

> No sweat -- the fire department will handle that for you.
>
> -- Larry

Funny story:

About 15 years ago, I was reading in bed. The windows were open. It's about
1:00 AM and I smelled smoke, but couldn't identify what kind (something I'm
usually good at). I stepped outside and was unable to see the houses on
either side of mine because of the smoke. Called the fire department, and
then started running around looking for flames. The fire department found
the source before I did. On the next street over behind my house and over a
couple of houses, they found a grill containing 3 whole chickens, the whole
thing up in flames from the dripping fat. Adjacent to the grill was its
owner, passed out in his lounger with a bunch of empty beer bottles on the
ground.

Chicken ceases to smell like chicken when it reaches a certain stage of
blackness. :-)

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

"Muddle" > wrote in message
et...

> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>> "Glenn" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> > Cooking indoors with gas or fire (except with a fireplace) is extremely
>> > dangerous and can kill you. On gas stoves they recommend that you use
>> > an
>> > exhaust fan.

>> Regular gas stoves? That's some recommendation, since the so-called

> "exhaust
>> fan" in most homes does nothing but hoist the air right back into the

> room.
>>

> For an exhaust fan to work properly you have to crack open a window. It's
> that simple.

DH says we must always crack a window to replace the air that is rushing
out; otherwise the air replacement will come through cracks in the walls,
outlets, etc. I'd rather have outdoor air coming in than through cracks,
perhaps making larger cracks, etc.

Frankly I don't like all that cold air gushing into the house, which the
furnace has to heat, but I guess it's better than having moist air flowing
up the cabinets.

Installing Allure III - finally -- tomorrow, I hope.
Dee

Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:11:53 -0500, "Dee Randall" > wrote:

>Installing Allure III - finally -- tomorrow, I hope.

Dee, which Allure III did you buy -- the newer one with the slots?

Please let me know what you think of its air circulation pattern in your
kitchen.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house

Oh pshaw, on Mon 27 Nov 2006 10:11:53p, Dee Randall meant to say...

> "Muddle" > wrote in message
> et...
>>
>> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>>> "Glenn" > wrote in message
>>> om...

extremely

>>> Regular gas stoves? That's some recommendation, since the so-called
>>> "exhaust fan" in most homes does nothing but hoist the air right back
>>> into the room.
>>>

>> For an exhaust fan to work properly you have to crack open a window.

It's
>> that simple.

> DH says we must always crack a window to replace the air that is rushing
> out; otherwise the air replacement will come through cracks in the walls,
> outlets, etc. I'd rather have outdoor air coming in than through cracks,
> perhaps making larger cracks, etc.
>
> Frankly I don't like all that cold air gushing into the house, which the
> furnace has to heat, but I guess it's better than having moist air

flowing
> up the cabinets.
>
> Installing Allure III - finally -- tomorrow, I hope.
> Dee
>
> Dee

Nice hood, Dee!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sorry -- I was just a mean fetus.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:11:53 -0500, "Dee Randall" >
> wrote:
>
>>Installing Allure III - finally -- tomorrow, I hope.

> Dee, which Allure III did you buy -- the newer one with the slots?
>
> Please let me know what you think of its air circulation pattern in your
> kitchen.
>
> -- Larry

Larry, here are some tiny pictures of the vent. I surely hope we bought the
newer one. Now, I'm worried, but thanking you for mentioning it.

I assume you mean by "the one with the slots" the slots/slits on the top of
the hood, as shown on my pictures. We ordered the Allure III site-unseen,
as Home Depot doesn't stock Allure III, only the Allure II, so I never saw
any at all before buying; hence wouldn't know at all whether there were
slots or not on a previous model.

http://tinypic.com/34q1abs.jpg

http://tinypic.com/4c94txj.jpg

the first page of the manual: http://tinypic.com/357krqx.jpg (I have the
rest of the manual jpg'd if you need me to send it for any reason.)

DH got way-layed today trying to find some needed material to
re-install/attach an overhead cabinet and the cabinet to the left of where
the vent will go. He had to take down cabinets and will be repositioning
different cabinets, as we have had the Jennair downdraft and we had cabinets
coming down lower over/above the range.

I'm hoping the circulation will be great, but when it gets going, I'll be
sure to comment ;-))

In the meantime, let me know if we are in sync with the definition of
'slots' and if my pictures show them.
Thanks a lot.
Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Oh pshaw, on Mon 27 Nov 2006 10:11:53p, Dee Randall meant to say...
>

>> "Muddle" > wrote in message
>> et...

> extremely

>>> For an exhaust fan to work properly you have to crack open a window.

> It's
>>> that simple.

>> DH says we must always crack a window to replace the air that is rushing
>> out; otherwise the air replacement will come through cracks in the walls,
>> outlets, etc. I'd rather have outdoor air coming in than through cracks,
>> perhaps making larger cracks, etc.
>>
>> Frankly I don't like all that cold air gushing into the house, which the
>> furnace has to heat, but I guess it's better than having moist air

> flowing
>> up the cabinets.
>>
>> Installing Allure III - finally -- tomorrow, I hope.
>> Dee

> Nice hood, Dee!
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Thank you, kind sir.
Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:28:15 -0500, "Dee Randall" > wrote:

>"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:11:53 -0500, "Dee Randall" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Installing Allure III - finally -- tomorrow, I hope.

>> Dee, which Allure III did you buy -- the newer one with the slots?
>>
>> Please let me know what you think of its air circulation pattern in your
>> kitchen.
>>
>> -- Larry

>Larry, here are some tiny pictures of the vent. I surely hope we bought the
>newer one. Now, I'm worried, but thanking you for mentioning it.
>
>I assume you mean by "the one with the slots" the slots/slits on the top of
>the hood, as shown on my pictures. We ordered the Allure III site-unseen,
>as Home Depot doesn't stock Allure III, only the Allure II, so I never saw
>any at all before buying; hence wouldn't know at all whether there were
>slots or not on a previous model.

Yes, that's the newer one. The previous Allure III (same exact model number,
etc.) had the exhaust slots on the underside of the front edge. IMO, the
original created a better cylindrical air pattern and was slightly quieter, but
we're still quite pleased with the newer one. I really don't know why they
changed it unannounced; they must have done air flow studies, but I can't detect
any improvement.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:28:15 -0500, "Dee Randall" > wrote:

>I assume you mean by "the one with the slots" the slots/slits on the top of
>the hood, as shown on my pictures. We ordered the Allure III site-unseen,
>as Home Depot doesn't stock Allure III, only the Allure II, so I never saw
>any at all before buying; hence wouldn't know at all whether there were
>slots or not on a previous model.

Just for comparison's sake. We got our QS330SS for $340 + $18 shipping
(delivered in two days), no tax, on the Web, from Kitchen Accessories Unlimited
in Stratford, Connecticut (http://www.kitchensource.com/). Our local Home Depot
didn't want to handle the Allure III special order.

-- Larry