Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
BT BT is offline

Default Oil spill inside a microwave....

Yes, it happened. We have a typical small cabinet over the
over-the-range microwave, and someone put a bottle of cooking oil in
that cabinet. Of course, the bottle fell and since it wasn't closed
properly, leaked oil. This went through the vent into the microwave,
and dripped all the way through the microwave into the cooking
compartment.

Is the microwave basically unusable now? I'm afraid to try it because
of the fire risk. Can I take it out, dismantle it and clean it out or
should I just give up and get a new one?

Thanks for all the advice, and please refrain from telling me how
stupid I am. I already know that!

BT

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 04 Sep 2006 10:57:59a, BT meant to say...

> Yes, it happened. We have a typical small cabinet over the
> over-the-range microwave, and someone put a bottle of cooking oil in
> that cabinet. Of course, the bottle fell and since it wasn't closed
> properly, leaked oil. This went through the vent into the microwave,
> and dripped all the way through the microwave into the cooking
> compartment.
>
> Is the microwave basically unusable now? I'm afraid to try it because
> of the fire risk. Can I take it out, dismantle it and clean it out or
> should I just give up and get a new one?
>
> Thanks for all the advice, and please refrain from telling me how
> stupid I am. I already know that!
>
> BT

Yes you can remove it, dismantle it, and clean it thoroughly. Just be
cautions about touching any of the electrical/electronic components. They
can pack an unexpected wallop even if unplugged.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Cats know looking adorable after misbehaving
negates their crime.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

> You just have a wicked mind! :-)

My job made me!

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

> You just have a wicked mind! :-)

My job made me!

And then I got into food. Whatever that development means.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 04 Sep 2006 03:01:03p, Jke meant to say...

>> You just have a wicked mind! :-)

> My job made me!
>
> And then I got into food. Whatever that development means.

Could mean you screw around with food.

--
Wayne Boatwright

For sale cheap: Write-only memory chips.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht
28.19...
> Oh pshaw, on Mon 04 Sep 2006 03:01:03p, Jke meant to say...
>

>>> You just have a wicked mind! :-)

>> My job made me!
>>
>> And then I got into food. Whatever that development means.

> Could mean you screw around with food.

LOL. And: argh!