Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Default anybody here?

I haven't seen any new headers in over a week are you still here or has this
group disappeared?

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

"splitload" > writes:

> I haven't seen any new headers in over a week are you still here or
> has this group disappeared?

I'm here, not that I know much about coffee.

-- Mark
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

" > writes:

> I'm new here. I don't know a whole lot about coffee either, except that
> I love it!

(-:

I've been drinking less of it, thus postponing coffee machine
price-range decisions, until I figure out who's right about how
inflammatory it is. I'm trying to follow a low-inflammation diet so
articles like http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/80/4/862 are
worrying. At least, in the worst case, I can still balance it with
more-certainly-antiinflammatory foods. Still, there does seem to be
something of a lack of consensus.

-- mark
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Mark T.B. Carroll wrote:
> " > writes:
>
> > I'm new here. I don't know a whole lot about coffee either, except that
> > I love it!

> (-:
>
> I've been drinking less of it, thus postponing coffee machine
> price-range decisions, until I figure out who's right about how
> inflammatory it is. I'm trying to follow a low-inflammation diet so
> articles like http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/80/4/862 are
> worrying. At least, in the worst case, I can still balance it with
> more-certainly-antiinflammatory foods. Still, there does seem to be
> something of a lack of consensus.
>
> -- mark

Balance seems to be the key, since they say it is only with moderate to
high coffee consumption that inflammation may occur.

As for coffee machine price ranges, I don't have an electric machine,
but I picked up a french press for ~$10 at a thrift shop and it's been
great. It takes a little more time in the morning to set up, perhaps,
but the coffee always tastes perfect!