Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

Default Coffee in Sacramento

Would appreciate recommendations for coffee in Sacramento. The only
"local" roaster I know of is Java City. I have purchased beans from
Java City - theya re a few cents cheaper and I like supporting a
hometown company - but what they offer seems no better than Starbucks.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

I've had good luck at William Glen (Fulton & Marconi, back in the Town
& Country Village shopping center).

Now I roast my own. Mine's better if I do say so myself.

FWIW, I've found that most commercial roasters overroast their
beans--which results in a *nice*, even roast, but loses a lot of the
inherent flavors.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

We shop regularly at the T.J.s in that center. I've never been in
William Glen, didn't even know what it was. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

"Curtis CCR" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Would appreciate recommendations for coffee in Sacramento. The only
> "local" roaster I know of is Java City. I have purchased beans from
> Java City - theya re a few cents cheaper and I like supporting a
> hometown company - but what they offer seems no better than Starbucks.

Believe it or not, Costco roasts a mean bag of coffee. If you live near
enough to one of the newer ones, that is. The Folsom Costo roasts daily.
Whole Earth (Arden area) is another good, albeit more expensive, choice.
They roast daily as well, and display the roast date on all their bagged
coffee. Graffeo used to be my coffee of choice -- delivery is one day out
of the San Rafael store. www.graffeo.com, but you get better service if you
call the store.
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

Sacramento has a Peets coffee house and Peets has long enjoyed a long well
deserved reputation in the the Bay Area for a good selection of great
tasting coffees.

"Jim" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "Curtis CCR" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>
> > Would appreciate recommendations for coffee in Sacramento. The only
> > "local" roaster I know of is Java City. I have purchased beans from
> > Java City - theya re a few cents cheaper and I like supporting a
> > hometown company - but what they offer seems no better than Starbucks.
> >

> Believe it or not, Costco roasts a mean bag of coffee. If you live near
> enough to one of the newer ones, that is. The Folsom Costo roasts daily.
> Whole Earth (Arden area) is another good, albeit more expensive, choice.
> They roast daily as well, and display the roast date on all their bagged
> coffee. Graffeo used to be my coffee of choice -- delivery is one day out
> of the San Rafael store. www.graffeo.com, but you get better service if

you
> call the store.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee, alt.coffee

There are good things coming out of JavaJ.

http://www.javaj.net/

While not "IN" Sacramento, it is in the general area. Paradise
Roasters. The real deal.
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

"Wayne Smith" > wrote:

>Sacramento has a Peets coffee house and Peets has long enjoyed a long well
>deserved reputation in the the Bay Area for a good selection of great
>tasting coffees.

There are at least three, one of which is giving away free coffee one
day each week this month (except that they ran out Saturday).

>"Jim" > wrote in message
.97.136...
>> "Curtis CCR" > wrote in
>> ups.com:
>>
>> > Would appreciate recommendations for coffee in Sacramento. The only
>> > "local" roaster I know of is Java City. I have purchased beans from
>> > Java City - theya re a few cents cheaper and I like supporting a
>> > hometown company - but what they offer seems no better than Starbucks.
>> >

>> Believe it or not, Costco roasts a mean bag of coffee. If you live near
>> enough to one of the newer ones, that is. The Folsom Costo roasts daily.
>> Whole Earth (Arden area) is another good, albeit more expensive, choice.
>> They roast daily as well, and display the roast date on all their bagged
>> coffee. Graffeo used to be my coffee of choice -- delivery is one day out
>> of the San Rafael store. www.graffeo.com, but you get better service if

>you
>> call the store.

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

"Wayne Smith" > wrote in message
. net...
> Sacramento has a Peets coffee house and Peets has long enjoyed a long well
> deserved reputation in the the Bay Area for a good selection of great
> tasting coffees.

I concur. Since I've moved away, I receive regular shipments......