Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Default Drinking 1- or 2-day old coffee (or older!)?

My future parents-in-law unabashedly enjoy coffee that is 1 to 2 days
old (not refrigerated; just in the pot, sitting out on the counter for
a day or two; however, they do re-heat it before consuming). They say
that they used to drink coffee even older than that until one of their
children convinced them not to do that anymore. This sounds like an
odd practice, but since they so enjoy their aged coffee, I'm wondering
if others enjoy similar practices of drinking "old" coffee. What say
y'all?

- Kurious in Louisville, KY

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

On 3 Feb 2006 20:23:14 -0800, kuriou wrote:

> My future parents-in-law unabashedly enjoy coffee that is 1 to 2 days
> old (not refrigerated; just in the pot, sitting out on the counter for
> a day or two; however, they do re-heat it before consuming). They say
> that they used to drink coffee even older than that until one of their
> children convinced them not to do that anymore. This sounds like an
> odd practice, but since they so enjoy their aged coffee, I'm wondering
> if others enjoy similar practices of drinking "old" coffee. What say
> y'all?
>
> - Kurious in Louisville, KY

I say yuck.

--
Twilight
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

twilight urchin wrote:
> On 3 Feb 2006 20:23:14 -0800, kuriou wrote:
>
> > My future parents-in-law unabashedly enjoy coffee that is 1 to 2 days
> > old (not refrigerated; just in the pot, sitting out on the counter for
> > a day or two; however, they do re-heat it before consuming). They say
> > that they used to drink coffee even older than that until one of their
> > children convinced them not to do that anymore. This sounds like an
> > odd practice, but since they so enjoy their aged coffee, I'm wondering
> > if others enjoy similar practices of drinking "old" coffee. What say
> > y'all?
> >
> > - Kurious in Louisville, KY

> I say yuck.
>
> --
> Twilight

The older members of my family seem to do that as well....i think it
goes to how little money they had growing up....waste not want not.....