FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   how to clean now manual turkish coffee grinder (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/77556-how-clean-now-manual.html)

alancdavis 27-12-2005 04:44 PM

how to clean now manual turkish coffee grinder

Santa brought me an ibrik, hand grinder, cups and coffee (yum) and the
results, so far, have been tasty. I have a small amount of pre-ground
and blended coffee to start with (w/ drawbacks acknowledged) as well as
whole bean.

My question is - the hand grinder has some grease/oil on the burrs -
how can I clean it?

I'm hesitant to dismantle it without instructions of some sort on how
to put it back together. The stiffener/retainer for the stem seems to
be pressed into place and there are two screws at the level of the
burrs.

The grinder came from
http://www.turkishgiftbazaar.com/gri...e/02coffee.htm

Alan Davis