Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Christopher Tidy

Default Where can I buy pure robusta beans in the UK?

Hi all,

I like a strong, dark roasted coffee with a slightly bitter taste and
plenty of caffeine. Often I make filter coffee using the Lavazza
espresso range. Now I have a grinder and I want to buy some pure robusta
beans out of curiousity. I know many people say they're inferior to
arabica, but it's all a matter of opinion. Any idea where I could buy
some (dark roasted) in the UK?

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris Tidy

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Paul Cooke

Christopher Tidy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I like a strong, dark roasted coffee with a slightly bitter taste and
> plenty of caffeine. Often I make filter coffee using the Lavazza
> espresso range. Now I have a grinder and I want to buy some pure robusta
> beans out of curiousity. I know many people say they're inferior to
> arabica, but it's all a matter of opinion. Any idea where I could buy
> some (dark roasted) in the UK?
>
> Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Chris Tidy

not sure about ready roasted robusta, but they do green robusta for home
roasters to blend up with;

http://www.pennineteaandcoffee.co.uk/shop/caaa460.htm

I get my green beans from them, service is good.

I home roast by the old fashioned stovetop method:

http://www.angelfire.com/pro2/panroa...fee/index.html

--
XP, unsafe on the information highway at any speed
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Christopher Tidy

Paul Cooke wrote:
> Christopher Tidy wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I like a strong, dark roasted coffee with a slightly bitter taste and
>>plenty of caffeine. Often I make filter coffee using the Lavazza
>>espresso range. Now I have a grinder and I want to buy some pure robusta
>>beans out of curiousity. I know many people say they're inferior to
>>arabica, but it's all a matter of opinion. Any idea where I could buy
>>some (dark roasted) in the UK?
>>
>>Suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>Chris Tidy

> not sure about ready roasted robusta, but they do green robusta for home
> roasters to blend up with;
>
> http://www.pennineteaandcoffee.co.uk/shop/caaa460.htm
>
> I get my green beans from them, service is good.
>
> I home roast by the old fashioned stovetop method:
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/pro2/panroa...fee/index.html

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.

Chris

What does "Pure-D" mean? Anyone?? Nancree General Cooking 25 27-09-2017 06:45 PM
Pure egg whites? Polly Esther[_2_] General Cooking 6 15-05-2012 08:52 PM
OJ not pure Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 18 09-01-2012 05:48 PM
Pure Cap Food Snob General Cooking 11 05-05-2007 11:59 AM
Pure Entertainment Sheldon General Cooking 0 19-01-2007 02:16 AM