FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   New Orleans (Chicory) Style Coffee in Canada? (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/69932-new-orleans-chicory-style.html)

Skookum 15-09-2005 06:02 PM

New Orleans (Chicory) Style Coffee in Canada?

Maybe because of what has happened to the Big Easy I have been thinking
lately about what is often called New Orleans style coffee whose
distinctiveness arises from blending excellent dark French roast with
chicory. I have come across a number of mail order sources in the USA
for this kind of blend but am having trouble locating a Canadian
supplier. So two questions...

Does anyone know of a Canadian source...OR

Any recipes on how to start with a nice French Roast bean and mix in
chicory. I've read ()on earlier threads in this ng that the proportions
should be about 60% coffee to 40% chicory but am unclear whether the
chicory also is supposed to be roasted or if it can be added just to
your grinder and voila!