Ken Montgomery

Default coffee bean flavoring(s)

I'm into roasting my own green beans and would like to flavor some of
the beans. Anyone know where coffee bean flavorings can be purchased on
the Internet?

thanks...Ken
Peter Allen

Ken Montgomery wrote:
> I'm into roasting my own green beans and would like to flavor some of
> the beans. Anyone know where coffee bean flavorings can be purchased on
> the Internet?
>
> thanks...Ken

Hey Ken. Flavorings for roasted beans (instead of brewed coffee)
consist of two categories: natural spices and herbs, which are usually
mixed in with ground coffee, or artificial liquids that are soaked into
the whole beans. Which are you looking for?

As a side note, the artificial liquids don't usually impart a
flavor, but are perfumes instead. The sense of smell, being a part of
taste, makes you think that you're actually tasting chocolate. I tend to
favor the natural course instead because of this, and also because some
of the chemicals used for flavoring are ~nasty~. Like, required by law
to take to a hazardous waste dump to throw out, nasty.

But, for either one, there are resources available, so let me know.
I'll help out where I can.

Peter Allen
Peter Allen

Ken Montgomery wrote:
> I'm into roasting my own green beans and would like to flavor some of
> the beans. Anyone know where coffee bean flavorings can be purchased on
> the Internet?
>
> thanks...Ken

Hey Ken. Flavorings for roasted beans (instead of brewed coffee)
consist of two categories: natural spices and herbs, which are usually
mixed in with ground coffee, or artificial liquids that are soaked into
the whole beans. Which are you looking for?

As a side note, the artificial liquids don't usually impart a
flavor, but are perfumes instead. The sense of smell, being a part of
taste, makes you think that you're actually tasting chocolate. I tend to
favor the natural course instead because of this, and also because some
of the chemicals used for flavoring are ~nasty~. Like, required by law
to take to a hazardous waste dump to throw out, nasty.

But, for either one, there are resources available, so let me know.
I'll help out where I can.

Peter Allen
Ken Montgomery

Hey Peter...

I've tried two (probably) artifical flavorings added to recently roasted
beans from an outfit called U-roastem.com. There were no corporate names
on the flavoring bottles, other than the supplier (u-roastem.com) and
the flavoring's name. So to answer your question, I was looking for
flavorings that would soak into the beans, probably in an hour or two.
Any suggestion as where to purchase natural flavorings would be much
appreciated.

thanks...Ken