FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   New Coffee Shop Owner (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/54558-new-coffee-shop-owner.html)

JitterTX 20-02-2005 08:07 PM

New Coffee Shop Owner

I'm an ex-employee of Starbucks. I recently bought an entire coffee
shop, minus the building, with the intentions of opening my own place
in my hometown of 2,500. I have an industrial LaPavoni and grinder,
and no owners manuals. I'm wondering if anyone can guide me as to
where I can find maintenance tips and cleaning advice for these two
items. They both run great, and the expresso is excellent, but there's
a hint of staleness in the bean after being ground becuase the grinder
seems to have NEVER been clean. I've taken it apart, and cleaned most
of of with the wire brush from my husbands Dremmel. All advice is
greatly appreciated!