FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   Hearthware Precision Coffee Roaster (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/52735-re-hearthware-precision-coffee.html)

[email protected] 28-01-2005 02:10 AM

Hearthware Precision Coffee Roaster

I have the older model hearthware ( just a timer) and have never had a
bad batch of coffee from it. However, I have only had it for about six
months and it acts like it is about to die. It is taking a few seconds
to get going.

[email protected] 28-01-2005 06:16 PM

The older model had the dubious design feature of putting the
electronics in the air path. The effect was that as the electronics
died, all those chemicals in the capacitors, transistors and resistors
flowed into the air that's roasting the coffee. Think coffee with 'eau
de burnt circuits.'
I don't know if they made the same mistake on the new model.