FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   trouble with Saeco Super Idea (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/50837-trouble-saeco-super-idea.html)

Linus 03-01-2005 12:01 AM

trouble with Saeco Super Idea

I've had my Saeco Super Idea for about 4 years now and it has been
great! It has started leaking somewhere leaving me with a puddle of
coffee underneath the machine after pulling a shot. A few weeks back,
I used some beans that must have been unusually fresh because there was
hardly any flow from the portafilter. I hadn't changed my grind or
tamp. The beans were Starbucks from the grocery store in the normal
foil bags. I have bought fresh roasted beans before and have had
similar results with the filter not flowing well...I was impressed that
these starbucks beans seemed so fresh.

Anyway, I seem to have blown a gasket. Can anyone recommend where I go
from here? I haven't taken the machine apart yet and am reluctant to
do so. I got this machine on Ebay several years ago for a great price
and don't want to spend big bucks to replace it.

Linus