Default Espresso machine suggestions on a budget, please

This is my first time posting, but I have done some searching and am
not sure exactly what machine I want. On epinions.com , the Delonghi
machines received good reviews, but are bashed on here. I also read on
here the newer Briel machines are not very good. I am left wondering,
what is a good machine that can be had for at or under $100 (before
shipping)? Of course, this is eBay price, so the Delonghi Bar32 and
machines like that are in play, but I don't see a whole lot of options
at this price. I will use the machine mostly for espresso, so a decent
frother is important, but I'd like to be able to taste a good espresso
from it now & then also. Yes, I've read about the importance of a
grinder too, so in advance, thanks for that advice and thanks for
any other suggestions.

cowboy

sad to report, but good espresso like at a coffee house is a no-go for $100
or even $200

the cheapest real espresso machine that is any good is about $400 called the
Rancilio Sylvia, and considered a breakthrough at that price!
http://www.coffeegeek.com/reviews/co...eviews&Order=0

at least there are some great manual grinders from Zassenhaus that are under
$80

if you want an electric one, the cheapest suitable for espresso is the
Innova I-2 for about $175

all this may sound expensive and crazy, but remember, you local coffeehouse,
if they make great espresso or latte or cappuccino etc. probable spend at
least 10 times this amount, so maybe looked at in that light, the prices
above are a bargain

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> This is my first time posting, but I have done some searching and am
> not sure exactly what machine I want. On epinions.com , the Delonghi
> machines received good reviews, but are bashed on here. I also read on
> here the newer Briel machines are not very good. I am left wondering,
> what is a good machine that can be had for at or under $100 (before
> shipping)? Of course, this is eBay price, so the Delonghi Bar32 and
> machines like that are in play, but I don't see a whole lot of options
> at this price. I will use the machine mostly for espresso, so a decent
> frother is important, but I'd like to be able to taste a good espresso
> from it now & then also. Yes, I've read about the importance of a
> grinder too, so in advance, thanks for that advice and thanks for
> any other suggestions.

cowboy

sad to report, but good espresso like at a coffee house is a no-go for $100
or even $200

the cheapest real espresso machine that is any good is about $400 called the
Rancilio Sylvia, and considered a breakthrough at that price!
http://www.coffeegeek.com/reviews/co...eviews&Order=0

at least there are some great manual grinders from Zassenhaus that are under
$80

if you want an electric one, the cheapest suitable for espresso is the
Innova I-2 for about $175

all this may sound expensive and crazy, but remember, you local coffeehouse,
if they make great espresso or latte or cappuccino etc. probable spend at
least 10 times this amount, so maybe looked at in that light, the prices
above are a bargain

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> This is my first time posting, but I have done some searching and am
> not sure exactly what machine I want. On epinions.com , the Delonghi
> machines received good reviews, but are bashed on here. I also read on
> here the newer Briel machines are not very good. I am left wondering,
> what is a good machine that can be had for at or under $100 (before
> shipping)? Of course, this is eBay price, so the Delonghi Bar32 and
> machines like that are in play, but I don't see a whole lot of options
> at this price. I will use the machine mostly for espresso, so a decent
> frother is important, but I'd like to be able to taste a good espresso
> from it now & then also. Yes, I've read about the importance of a
> grinder too, so in advance, thanks for that advice and thanks for
> any other suggestions.

edna713

Please ignore the suggestions that you buy a $500 espresso machine when
your goal is one for around $100. that's like going to a car lot and
saying you have $5,000 to spend and are offered a $50,000 Hummer.

The small Briel is OK at about $129 new. I just got a NICE used Gaggia
Espresso for $95.00 incl. shipping on ebay. A good grinder is
important -- when you are ready teh Gaggia MDF is very serviceable -- I
have owned and used all these machines, so I know what worked for me.

dave
pidguy on ebay -- and the only one who posts his phone number!
call 910 616 0980

edna713

Please ignore the suggestions that you buy a $500 espresso machine when
your goal is one for around $100. that's like going to a car lot and
saying you have $5,000 to spend and are offered a $50,000 Hummer.

The small Briel is OK at about $129 new. I just got a NICE used Gaggia
Espresso for $95.00 incl. shipping on ebay. A good grinder is
important -- when you are ready teh Gaggia MDF is very serviceable -- I
have owned and used all these machines, so I know what worked for me.

dave
pidguy on ebay -- and the only one who posts his phone number!
call 910 616 0980

U own Espresso Machine? Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 0 30-12-2005 04:52 AM
U own Espresso Machine? Dave Smith General Cooking 6 29-12-2005 08:46 PM
U own Espresso Machine? sf General Cooking 0 29-12-2005 06:27 AM
Espresso machine Bexx General Cooking 0 04-01-2005 09:39 PM
Boxed/Budget Wine suggestions? sailing fan Wine 12 23-05-2004 03:20 PM