FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   senseo coffee machine question.... (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/42481-senseo-coffee-machine-question.html)

[email protected] 05-11-2004 06:58 AM

senseo coffee machine question....

I'd like to buy a Senseo coffee maker, but I'm having a little trouble
finding them where I live. I noticed that there's a Melitta machine
available that uses coffee pods, just like the Senseo. Does anyone
know if the Melitta produces the same kind of end result as the
Senseo? Thanks.

Dave

Scott 05-11-2004 06:01 PM

In article >,
wrote:

> I'd like to buy a Senseo coffee maker, but I'm having a little trouble
> finding them where I live. I noticed that there's a Melitta machine
> available that uses coffee pods, just like the Senseo. Does anyone
> know if the Melitta produces the same kind of end result as the
> Senseo? Thanks.

The reviews of the pod machines indicate that the machines themselves
are very similar in quality of function. The real issue is the quality
they can use. Since the pods are proprietary to each machine, you're
locked into whatever is available, so you should look more at the coffee
than the machine.

This article here,
<http://www.coffeereview.com/article.cfm?ID=83>
reviews the three machines, including the Melitta (but not the Senseo),
and basically gives the nod to the Keurig because of the greater
selection of coffees.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

Scott 05-11-2004 06:01 PM