FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   Chlorine Odor in tap water (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/415992-chlorine-odor-tap-water.html)

[email protected] 02-03-2012 05:35 PM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

boy,
what's with the LooooNG Subject titles?
I don't like them, but I'm new here.

Do any of you do anything about the
chlorine odor from tap water?
Like, let the odor dissipate for a
few minutes, before using?

I sometimes let the water stand for a while,
but I add so many other flavors, etc,
that I can't really tell the difference.

marc

Poutnik[_3_] 03-03-2012 12:45 AM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

In article <9010975.817.1330709705624.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@ynbq18>, says...

> boy,
> what's with the LooooNG Subject titles?
> I don't like them, but I'm new here.
>
> Do any of you do anything about the
> chlorine odor from tap water?
> Like, let the odor dissipate for a
> few minutes, before using?
>
> I sometimes let the water stand for a while,
> but I add so many other flavors, etc,
> that I can't really tell the difference.
>
> marc

In context of coffee, chlorine fully disappears
until water starts boiling.

--
Poutnik

People's selfconfidence is often reciprocal to their knowledge.

[email protected] 03-03-2012 03:29 AM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

> > boy,
> > what's with the LooooNG Subject titles?
> > I don't like them, but I'm new here.
> >
> > Do any of you do anything about the
> > chlorine odor from tap water?
> > Like, let the odor dissipate for a
> > few minutes, before using?
> >
> > I sometimes let the water stand for a while,
> > but I add so many other flavors, etc,
> > that I can't really tell the difference.
> >
> > marc

> In context of coffee, chlorine fully disappears
> until water starts boiling.
>
> --
> Poutnik
>
> People's selfconfidence is often reciprocal to their knowledge.

don't understand what you said

marc

Poutnik[_3_] 03-03-2012 06:46 AM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

In article <30805150.156.1330745351307.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@vbxv4>, says...

> > > boy,
> > > what's with the LooooNG Subject titles?
> > > I don't like them, but I'm new here.
> > >
> > > Do any of you do anything about the
> > > chlorine odor from tap water?
> > > Like, let the odor dissipate for a
> > > few minutes, before using?
> > >
> > > I sometimes let the water stand for a while,
> > > but I add so many other flavors, etc,
> > > that I can't really tell the difference.
> > >
> > > marc

> > In context of coffee, chlorine fully disappears
> > until water starts boiling.
> >

> don't understand what you said
>
> marc

What word I have used you do not understand ?

This group is about coffee.

But if your intention was to use cold tap water,
few minutes is not enough.

On the other hand, addition of organic stuff
like fruit juice is able to quickly react
with chlorine. It disappears by chemical way
and residues are beated by taste of major components.

[email protected] 14-03-2012 01:15 PM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

On Friday, March 2, 2012 10:46:07 PM UTC-8, Poutnik wrote:
> In article <30805150.156.1330745351307.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
> forums@vbxv4>, says...

> > > In context of coffee, chlorine fully disappears
> > > until water starts boiling.
> > >

> > don't understand what you said
> >
> > marc

> What word I have used you do not understand ?
>
> This group is about coffee.
>
> But if your intention was to use cold tap water,
> few minutes is not enough.
>
> On the other hand, addition of organic stuff
> like fruit juice is able to quickly react
> with chlorine. It disappears by chemical way
> and residues are beated by taste of major components.
>
> --
> Poutnik
>
> People's selfconfidence is often reciprocal to their knowledge.

sorry,
I still don't understand what you are saying.

anyone?

thanks, marc

Poutnik[_3_] 14-03-2012 10:34 PM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

In article <11630595.178.1331730918275.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@pbcvw3>, says...

> On Friday, March 2, 2012 10:46:07 PM UTC-8, Poutnik wrote:
> > In article <30805150.156.1330745351307.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
> > forums@vbxv4>,
says...

> > > don't understand what you said
> > >
> > > marc

> > What word I have used you do not understand ?
> >
> > This group is about coffee.
> >
> > But if your intention was to use cold tap water,
> > few minutes is not enough.
> >
> > On the other hand, addition of organic stuff
> > like fruit juice is able to quickly react
> > with chlorine. It disappears by chemical way
> > and residues are beated by taste of major components.
> >
> > --
> > Poutnik
> >
> > People's selfconfidence is often reciprocal to their knowledge.

> sorry,
> I still don't understand what you are saying.
>
> anyone?
>
> thanks, marc

Interesting.
Very most people do understand my written or spoken english.

--
Poutnik

[email protected] 15-03-2012 12:24 AM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:34:33 PM UTC-7, Poutnik wrote:
> In article <11630595.178.1331730918275.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
> forums@pbcvw3>, says...
> >
> > On Friday, March 2, 2012 10:46:07 PM UTC-8, Poutnik wrote:
> > > In article <30805150.156.1330745351307.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
> > > forums@vbxv4>,
says...

> > > What word I have used you do not understand ?
> > >
> > > This group is about coffee.
> > >
> > > But if your intention was to use cold tap water,
> > > few minutes is not enough.
> > >
> > > On the other hand, addition of organic stuff
> > > like fruit juice is able to quickly react
> > > with chlorine. It disappears by chemical way
> > > and residues are beated by taste of major components.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Poutnik
> > >
> > > People's selfconfidence is often reciprocal to their knowledge.

> > sorry,
> > I still don't understand what you are saying.
> >
> > anyone?
> >
> > thanks, marc

> Interesting.
> Very most people do understand my written or spoken english.
>
> --
> Poutnik

nothing personal Poutnik

doesn't anyone else post here?

where are the coffee drinkers posting?

marc

Ed Pawlowski 15-03-2012 03:04 AM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 06:15:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>I still don't understand what you are saying.
>
>anyone?
>
>thanks, marc

Just look at this group a few days ago.
I have no idea about the original thread, but get a carbon filter.
Anything we use with drinking water is carbon filtered and taste is
great.

Poutnik[_3_] 15-03-2012 05:39 AM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

In article >,
says...

wrote:

> >I still don't understand what you are saying.
> >
> >anyone?
> >
> >thanks, marc

> Just look at this group a few days ago.
> I have no idea about the original thread, but get a carbon filter.
> Anything we use with drinking water is carbon filtered and taste is
> great.

I agree such a filter is convenient and generally efficient way
to improve taste of tap water
( unless filter is old and gets taste even worse ).

All I wanted to say,
that in context of chlorine and coffee preparation
it is not needed.

It can be useful for raw water usages.

--
Poutnik

[email protected] 15-03-2012 08:07 PM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:04:23 PM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 06:15:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>

> >I still don't understand what you are saying.
> >
> >anyone?
> >
> >thanks, marc

> Just look at this group a few days ago.
> I have no idea about the original thread, but get a carbon filter.
> Anything we use with drinking water is carbon filtered and taste is
> great.

I'm not concerned, I just wondered if others were.

I have water sitting out,
and the chlorine odor dissipates, in xx minutes.

I filter most of my drinking water.

This newsgroup [I think it was this one]
used to have many many regular posters.
I just wonder where all the coffeeers went?
Maybe to cooking, or something.

thanks
marc

Poutnik[_3_] 16-03-2012 07:00 AM

Chlorine Odor in tap water

In article <21572825.1590.1331842052181.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@pblq4>, says...

> This newsgroup [I think it was this one]
> used to have many many regular posters.
> I just wonder where all the coffeeers went?
> Maybe to cooking, or something.
>
> thanks
> marc

I would say it is general trand of abandoning usenet
in favour of web forums and social networks

--
Poutnik