Posted to alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.coffee

Default RSS Coffee Feed - Where to Find the Best Coffee in the World - There are a lot of different opinions on what the best coffee out there is, as well as what defines a great cup of coffee. My wife and I have asked friends, family, and :: The 1890s Versi

## 2012-01-25, Wednesday

### 20:31

[Where to Find the Best Coffee in the World][1] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee
Articles from EzineArticles.com][2]]

There are a lot of different opinions on what the best coffee out there is, as
well as what defines a great cup of coffee. My wife and I have asked friends,
family, and our coffee drinking companions around the world what they consider
to be the tastiest coffee. As you can imagine, we have gotten a lot of
different answers. We will share with you what we have learned, and the
varieties that we have come across in our journey; then let you be the judge.

[The 1890s Version of Starbucks in New York][3] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee
Articles from EzineArticles.com][2]]

There were real cafes in New York in the 1890's but they were chiefly in the
parts of the city where the newly arrived immigrants lived, especially the
lower East side, where men, even though they were not flush, could find time
to drink coffee and play chess in the middle of the afternoon. Prices for
coffee then went from low to high, (like what we find today in fact): people
could get a cup for as low as a penny from the places called "coffee stands"
or order a coffee for 25 cents at an upscale restaurant.

[How Your Espresso Machine Works][4] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee Articles from
EzineArticles.com][2]]

Espresso coffee is produced when water approaching boiling point is forced
under pressure through a compacted amount of string coffee grounds. A good
espresso is a rich dark strong brew with distinctive brown foam that floats on
its surface - the famous crema. Originally the crema was thought to be
undesirable, but now it is thought of as the crucial way to judge the quality
of a good espresso.

[Coffee or Cappuccino?][5] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee Articles from
EzineArticles.com][2]]

An espresso coffee or a cappuccino offers two completely different drinks.
Their flavor and aroma draw to one drink or the other. But, when it comes to a
cappuccino the added steamed milk and foam becomes irresistible for many.

[Old Favorites Return][6] [[New Products and Articles At The Captains
Coffee][7]]

### Old Favorites are Back!

January 18--[Sulawesi Toraja

][8]January 24--[Guatemala Huehuetenango Organic, Fair Trade][9], [India
Monsooned Malabar][10], [Kenya, Ichamara, Peaberry][11]

[1]: http://EzineArticles.com/6827828

[3]: http://EzineArticles.com/6832533

[4]: http://EzineArticles.com/6839630

[5]: http://EzineArticles.com/6838418

[6]: http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/exp...flash/169-old-
favorites-return.html

[7]:
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.in...26ad64050862a0

[8]: http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/gre...ng-shop/green-
coffee-beans.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypa ge_new.tpl&product_id
=67&category_id=1

[9]: http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/gre...ng-shop/green-
coffee-beans.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypa ge_new.tpl&product_id
=43&category_id=1

[10]: http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/gre...ng-shop/green-
coffee-beans.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypa ge_new.tpl&product_id
=48&category_id=1

[11]: http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/gre...ng-shop/green-
coffee-beans.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypa ge_new.tpl&product_id
=173&category_id=1