Spoons

Default starbucks flavoring??

does anyone know the name of those flavored syrops that Starbucks uses in
their coffe or sodas?? Is there a recipe out there for it?

Thanks
SPOONS

jmk

On 10/29/2004 8:40 AM, Spoons wrote:
> does anyone know the name of those flavored syrops that Starbucks uses in
> their coffe or sodas?? Is there a recipe out there for it?
>
> Thanks
> SPOONS

I'm not sure what brand Starbucks uses but here are some:

DaVinci - http://www.davincigourmet.com (carried by Marshall's)
Torani - http://www.torani.com/ (carried by Cost Plus)
Monin - http://www.monin.com/

--
jmk in NC
Claudia Cornejo

I doubt that you can reproduce any flavors they use.

Whichever they use (and I think is Torani), I'm sure the first ingredient is
sucrose/syrup of some sort, then followed by artificial flavors or natural
flavors, both of which are made in a laboratory instead of naturally
occuring products.. Note, that syrups can be made of pure fruits, and some
small manufacturers do so. If they have the real fruit, then they are
required to write the actual fruits in the labels; otherwise, it is made in
a laboratory.

Claudia

"Spoons" > wrote in message
> does anyone know the name of those flavored syrops that Starbucks uses in
> their coffe or sodas?? Is there a recipe out there for it?
>
> Thanks
> SPOONS

Spoons

Thank You Thank You Thank You That's exactally what I was
looking for.

Take care,
SPOONS

> I'm not sure what brand Starbucks uses but here are some:
>
> DaVinci - http://www.davincigourmet.com (carried by Marshall's)
> Torani - http://www.torani.com/ (carried by Cost Plus)
> Monin - http://www.monin.com/
>
> --
> jmk in NC

Claudia Cornejo

I wanted to stress that "natural flavors" = "artificial flavors" in the
world of food production.

Claudia

"Claudia Cornejo" > wrote in message
>I doubt that you can reproduce any flavors they use.
>
> Whichever they use (and I think is Torani), I'm sure the first ingredient
> is sucrose/syrup of some sort, then followed by artificial flavors or
> natural flavors, both of which are made in a laboratory instead of
> naturally occuring products.. Note, that syrups can be made of pure
> fruits, and some small manufacturers do so. If they have the real fruit,
> then they are required to write the actual fruits in the labels;
> otherwise, it is made in a laboratory.
>
> Claudia
>

> "Spoons" > wrote in message
>> does anyone know the name of those flavored syrops that Starbucks uses in
>> their coffe or sodas?? Is there a recipe out there for it?
>>
>> Thanks
>> SPOONS

bowman

Claudia Cornejo wrote:

> Whichever they use (and I think is Torani), I'm sure the first ingredient
> is sucrose/syrup of some sort,

Torani does have some sugar free flavors, typically hazelnut, vanilla, irish
creme, and raspberry. The wierder ones like toasted marshmallow don't make
it to the sugar free line.
bowman

Claudia Cornejo wrote:

> Whichever they use (and I think is Torani), I'm sure the first ingredient
> is sucrose/syrup of some sort,

Torani does have some sugar free flavors, typically hazelnut, vanilla, irish
creme, and raspberry. The wierder ones like toasted marshmallow don't make
it to the sugar free line.
Col

In the UK it is a custom range made for them by da vinci

Now if they would just add the Valencia Orange for the other customers..

Rbloom23

They use Fontana syrups; got a bottle of the Valencia sitting in the kitchen.