Experienced Member

Location: Manila, Philippines
Default Illy or Lavazza?

I am embarrassed to admit that I have only recently discovered these two coffee brands. I used to only get Liberica beans (Philippine coffee) from a local supplier, and this coffee is really good for kickstarting your day! Now, I find myself drinking more of Illy and Lavazza. Any others who prefer these brands? If so, which one is better for you and why?
__________________
Noemi
Recipe-Finder: The Smart Way to Find Recipes
"Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy." ~Author Unknown
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

What I've had of theirs hasn't been too bad, considering, but I think
the best coffee is usually going to something that's fresher -- and in
most cases that's going to be something a bit more local. Coffee
doesn't seem like the sort of thing that's very well suited to large
international brands.

Assuming you don't live in the boondocks I guess...

-Miles

--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.
Experienced Member

Location: Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Bader View Post
What I've had of theirs hasn't been too bad, considering, but I think
the best coffee is usually going to something that's fresher -- and in
most cases that's going to be something a bit more local. Coffee
doesn't seem like the sort of thing that's very well suited to large
international brands.

Assuming you don't live in the boondocks I guess...

-Miles

--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.
The boondocks - that's where I get my everyday coffee from.