Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Default A blog about coffee history

In >, on Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:44:02
-0600, Bloggist, wrote:

> For those of you interested in the history of coffee...

there's always the period seminal work,
http://twoloonscoffee.com/download/all_about_coffee.pdf

--
˜¯˜¯
Unlimited webspace - Unlimited bandwidth

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Steve Ackman > writes:
>> For those of you interested in the history of coffee...

> there's always the period seminal work,
> http://twoloonscoffee.com/download/all_about_coffee.pdf

Thanks for the link!

There also seems to be a Project Gutenberg version of the first edition,
BTW, which includes reasonably nice scans of all the illustrations!
It seems the people who did it put a fair amount of care into it
(Coffee, oh how you inspire...

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/28500...-h/28500-h.htm

-Miles

--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

In >, on Thu, 04 Mar 2010 10:46:34 +0900,
Miles Bader, wrote:
> Steve Ackman > writes:

>> there's always the period seminal work,

http://twoloonscoffee.com/download/all_about_coffee.pdf

> Thanks for the link!
>
> There also seems to be a Project Gutenberg version of the first edition,
> BTW, which includes reasonably nice scans of all the illustrations!
> It seems the people who did it put a fair amount of care into it
> (Coffee, oh how you inspire...
>
> http://www.gutenberg.org/files/28500...-h/28500-h.htm

Nice! I'd seen the scanned pdf version of the first
edition, but this one is html, meaning someone scanned
and then OCR'd the whole thing... So much easier to
read, and better for searching than the pdf type where
they scan, and then just convert to pdf.

One thing that's not so nice about it is that the
entire book is all on a single page... making it a bit
unwieldy.

--
˜¯˜¯