Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

Default Seven new coffee species discovered

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21915188/

"Seven wild species of coffee are among 290 new
plants found by Kew Gardens botanists this year..."

We may have some *really* different coffees from
Madagascar to look forward to in the not too distant
future.

--
˜¯˜¯

Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee

"Steve Ackman" > wrote in message
rg...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21915188/

> "Seven wild species of coffee are among 290 new
> plants found by Kew Gardens botanists this year..."
>

> We may have some *really* different coffees from
> Madagascar to look forward to in the not too distant
> future.
>
> --
> ??

That might take a while. First the plants need to be propagated and then
test grown untill enough beans can be produced to see if it is worth growing
as is on a production basis and then seeing what the results are for
polinazation and optimal growing conditions.

It could be years before commercial viability is deturmined.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.