FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   Newby- Water for Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/37478-newby-water-coffee.html)

Earl 04-10-2004 06:25 PM

Newby- Water for Coffee

I've just joined this News Croup. I'm trying to optimize my coffee.
I recently received a Starbucks grinder and two bags of premium beans
as a gift. I have my grind time at 10 seconds and am making a decent
cup. I'm brewing two to four cups at a time and don't plan on
obtaining a premium maker with entegral grinder and water filter. Is
there a simple device to filter my tap water or bottle water that will
improve my coffee? Earl

Chris 05-10-2004 12:43 AM

In article > ,
says...
> I've just joined this News Croup. I'm trying to optimize my coffee.
> I recently received a Starbucks grinder and two bags of premium beans
> as a gift. I have my grind time at 10 seconds and am making a decent
> cup. I'm brewing two to four cups at a time and don't plan on
> obtaining a premium maker with entegral grinder and water filter. Is
> there a simple device to filter my tap water or bottle water that will
> improve my coffee? Earl

A Jug-type filter will help. Something like this:

http://www.brita.co.uk/action/products/jugs/

P.S. there's lots more action on alt.coffee!

Pip pip
--
Chris Notton
Replace "nospam" with my surname to reply by email