Anonymous

Default French coffee press?

The swill at work has a woody "tree bark" and "dirt" taste to it that really
turned me off coffee. I have been drinking tea for a couple years now but,
have begun thinking about trying out some the of the premium coffee beans.
At home I have found tea to be much easier to make for a single person
serving so, coffee at home hasn't worked out either. The French press seems
to offer the convenience I have found with loose leaf brewed tea.

I have not found anywhere in my town to purchase these locally so, I am web
bound and looking at these two:

http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4

http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4

What I am looking for is something that offers about 3 "American" cups ;-)
that is relative easy to use and maintain at home and at work in an office
with a limited kitchen (basic sink, fridge, counter, and ice and water
machine). I plan on using an electric kettle to heat the water and want to
add a French press to my Bodum tea press.

I would appreciate any words of advice or links to a good place to shop that
offer a good price and excellant service on French Coffee presses. Also,
any tips for a new hot water kettle for work would be appreciated.

Anonymous

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:17:45 -0700, Anonymous > wrote:

> The swill at work has a woody "tree bark" and "dirt" taste to it that really
> turned me off coffee. I have been drinking tea for a couple years now but,
> have begun thinking about trying out some the of the premium coffee beans.
> At home I have found tea to be much easier to make for a single person
> serving so, coffee at home hasn't worked out either. The French press seems
> to offer the convenience I have found with loose leaf brewed tea.
>
> I have not found anywhere in my town to purchase these locally so, I am web
> bound and looking at these two:
>
> http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4
>
> http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4
>
> What I am looking for is something that offers about 3 "American" cups ;-)
> that is relative easy to use and maintain at home and at work in an office
> with a limited kitchen (basic sink, fridge, counter, and ice and water
> machine). I plan on using an electric kettle to heat the water and want to
> add a French press to my Bodum tea press.
>
> I would appreciate any words of advice or links to a good place to shop that
> offer a good price and excellant service on French Coffee presses. Also,
> any tips for a new hot water kettle for work would be appreciated.

Forget about a french press. If you like tea, the coffee this produces will
not be to your liking. Get a pourover filter instead. Melitta and Chemex are
two popular brands.
Anonymous

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:17:45 -0700, Anonymous > wrote:

> The swill at work has a woody "tree bark" and "dirt" taste to it that really
> turned me off coffee. I have been drinking tea for a couple years now but,
> have begun thinking about trying out some the of the premium coffee beans.
> At home I have found tea to be much easier to make for a single person
> serving so, coffee at home hasn't worked out either. The French press seems
> to offer the convenience I have found with loose leaf brewed tea.
>
> I have not found anywhere in my town to purchase these locally so, I am web
> bound and looking at these two:
>
> http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4
>
> http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4
>
> What I am looking for is something that offers about 3 "American" cups ;-)
> that is relative easy to use and maintain at home and at work in an office
> with a limited kitchen (basic sink, fridge, counter, and ice and water
> machine). I plan on using an electric kettle to heat the water and want to
> add a French press to my Bodum tea press.
>
> I would appreciate any words of advice or links to a good place to shop that
> offer a good price and excellant service on French Coffee presses. Also,
> any tips for a new hot water kettle for work would be appreciated.

Forget about a french press. If you like tea, the coffee this produces will
not be to your liking. Get a pourover filter instead. Melitta and Chemex are
two popular brands.
Paragon

"Anonymous" > wrote in message
> The swill at work has a woody "tree bark" and "dirt" taste to it that

really
> turned me off coffee. I have been drinking tea for a couple years now

but,
> have begun thinking about trying out some the of the premium coffee beans.
> At home I have found tea to be much easier to make for a single person
> serving so, coffee at home hasn't worked out either. The French press

seems
> to offer the convenience I have found with loose leaf brewed tea.
>
> I have not found anywhere in my town to purchase these locally so, I am

web
> bound and looking at these two:

http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4

http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4

> What I am looking for is something that offers about 3 "American" cups ;-)
> that is relative easy to use and maintain at home and at work in an office
> with a limited kitchen (basic sink, fridge, counter, and ice and water
> machine). I plan on using an electric kettle to heat the water and want

> add a French press to my Bodum tea press.
>
> I would appreciate any words of advice or links to a good place to shop

that
> offer a good price and excellant service on French Coffee presses. Also,
> any tips for a new hot water kettle for work would be appreciated.

Your local Starbucks may have a press pot for you to buy for $20.......

Paragon

"Anonymous" > wrote in message
> The swill at work has a woody "tree bark" and "dirt" taste to it that

really
> turned me off coffee. I have been drinking tea for a couple years now

but,
> have begun thinking about trying out some the of the premium coffee beans.
> At home I have found tea to be much easier to make for a single person
> serving so, coffee at home hasn't worked out either. The French press

seems
> to offer the convenience I have found with loose leaf brewed tea.
>
> I have not found anywhere in my town to purchase these locally so, I am

web
> bound and looking at these two:

http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4

http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4

> What I am looking for is something that offers about 3 "American" cups ;-)
> that is relative easy to use and maintain at home and at work in an office
> with a limited kitchen (basic sink, fridge, counter, and ice and water
> machine). I plan on using an electric kettle to heat the water and want

> add a French press to my Bodum tea press.
>
> I would appreciate any words of advice or links to a good place to shop

that
> offer a good price and excellant service on French Coffee presses. Also,
> any tips for a new hot water kettle for work would be appreciated.

Your local Starbucks may have a press pot for you to buy for $20.......

maliq

"Paragon" > wrote in message link.net>...
> "Anonymous" > wrote in message
> > The swill at work has a woody "tree bark" and "dirt" taste to it that

> really
> > turned me off coffee. I have been drinking tea for a couple years now

> but,
> > have begun thinking about trying out some the of the premium coffee beans.
> > At home I have found tea to be much easier to make for a single person
> > serving so, coffee at home hasn't worked out either. The French press

> seems
> > to offer the convenience I have found with loose leaf brewed tea.
> >
> > I have not found anywhere in my town to purchase these locally so, I am

> web
> > bound and looking at these two:
> >

> http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4
> >

> http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.as...AV7KL1G0GH76A4
> >
> > What I am looking for is something that offers about 3 "American" cups ;-)
> > that is relative easy to use and maintain at home and at work in an office
> > with a limited kitchen (basic sink, fridge, counter, and ice and water
> > machine). I plan on using an electric kettle to heat the water and want

> > add a French press to my Bodum tea press.
> >
> > I would appreciate any words of advice or links to a good place to shop

> that
> > offer a good price and excellant service on French Coffee presses. Also,
> > any tips for a new hot water kettle for work would be appreciated.

> Your local Starbucks may have a press pot for you to buy for $20.......

Forget starbucks or walmart. Check out amazon for a bodum french
press. They're great. I've used the same one for the past 10 years,
and it still makes a great cup.