Old 05-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Dan Clore

Default Starbucks Obstructing First Union Vote

zztop8970 wrote:
"G*rd*n" wrote in message
:

Why would any company want their employees following organized crime
thugs?

"G*rd*n" :

One modest regular payment to the OCTs, and, voilà!
Labor peace. Did you really need to ask?

"zztop8970" :

That's not an answer to the question he asked, but to a different
question - "what are the benefits of paying the union, once workers have
unionized".
But, thnaks for conceding that a union is nothing more than a

"protection"
scam.

I simply answered wrjames's question directly.

No , you didn't. The question was why wold a company want thier employees to
unionize. Your answer is not a response to that question. Your reading
skills leave much to be desired.

No, the question was "Why would any company want their
employees following organized crime thugs?"

On its face, this has nothing at all to do with unionizing.

--
Dan Clore

http://www.wildsidepress.com/index2.htm
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...edanclorenecro
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9879/

"It's a political statement -- or, rather, an
*anti*-political statement. The symbol for *anarchy*!"
-- Batman, explaining the circle-A graffiti, in
_Detective Comics_ #608

Old 05-06-2004, 10:03 PM
zztop8970

"Dan Clore" wrote in message
zztop8970 wrote:
"G*rd*n" wrote in message
:

[...]

In the context, it is obvious that WmJames was referring to unions as
"organized crime thugs".
This usage of context to infer meanings is usually mastered by 6th grade. It
is never too late to take a class in remedial reading.

Old 06-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Alex Russell

"zztop8970" wrote in message
. com...

"Dan Clore" wrote in message
zztop8970 wrote:
"G*rd*n" wrote in message
:

[...]

My, My, My, but did the IQ of this thread ever drop quickly.

But within the juvenile mudslinging there are a few important points being
brought out:

1.
If I decide that my best interests are served by joining a union how do I
make sure I am not joining a corrupt union that will simply steal my dues?

2.
Why are freedom loving capitalists so against unions? Couldn't have anything
to do with higher wages and improved benifits eating into profits?

3.
Why do freedom loving capitalists NOT rise up against cartels and monoplies
that distort the "natural" operation of the free market? Couldn't have
anything to do with artifically driving prices and profits up?

I would answer that plain old greed is the answer to 2 and 3. And the
answer to 1 is a bit of due diligence.

A new question: are there situations where a monoply makes sense for the
average citizen (I'll puke the next time someone refers to me as a
"consumer")?

--
Alex Russell

Old 08-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Stan de SD

Default So what exactly does Dan Clore do for a living anyway?

"Dan Clore" wrote in message

Starbucks Obstructing First US Union Vote
posted by IU/660 on Tuesday June 01 2004 @ 11:44AM PDT
June 1, 2004
Contact:
Starbucks Obstructing First US Union Vote

Workers to Schultz: What are you so scared of?

New York, NY--The Starbucks Baristas Union and community
members across the country have condemned repeated attempts
by the company to deny workers a fair vote on the Union.
While paying lip-service to respecting the choice of
employees, Starbucks has deployed a variety of crude tactics
in an effort to defeat the IWW IU/660, which would be the
first union certified in the United States at the mammoth chain.

Supporters around the country and internationally are
contacting Starbucks demanding they live up to their
rhetoric. If Starbucks really is a bastion of worker
benefits, what is Chairman Howard Schultz, who raked in over
$17 million last year, so scared of? The truth is Starbucks,
with its poverty wages and rampant repetitive-stress
dangers, resembles a sweatshop more than it does a decent
place to work.

Yeah, and all those 20-something college-age Americans are being forced to
work there against their will, right? I guess YOU would think it's a
sweatshop, given that you strike me as the type of feminized, spoiled
cry-baby who has never held a real job one day in his life.

Tell us, Dan Clore, self-appointed "voice" of the workers - what in the hell
do YOU do for a living?

Old 08-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Stan de SD

"Wm James" wrote in message

Hey, here's an idea.... DON'T WORK THERE! If it's a bad job, sell
your labor elsewhere! I know that's a difficult concept for morons to
grasp, but if you can't find a sucker willing to pay you better then
just mayby you arealready overpaid and you should be happy to get it.

Dan and his fellow commie-totalitarians aren't into choice, because people
who are allowed to make their own economic decisions might tell him to go
screw himself.

You can make or join whatever private club you want. In a free
society, the employer shouldn't have to associate with it. What if the
bread makers union wanted to force you to pay more for bread and
demanded that you couldn't stop buying it or shop elsewhere?

Again, you're making that "free markets, free choices" argument to a guy who
thinks that Castro's Cuba is the ideal economic model...

Old 08-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Michael Legel

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
news

"Dan Clore" wrote in message

Tell us, Dan Clore, self-appointed "voice" of the workers - what in the hell
do YOU do for a living?

So tell us, Stan boy, self-appointed "voice" for Starbucks - what in the hell
do YOU do for a living?