Old 30-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Stan de SD

Default Starbucks Workers Join IWW

"G*rd*n" wrote in message
"rebelguy" :

I FEEL SORRY FOR THESE STUPID PEOPLE, THEY WERE DUPED BY A MAXIST LABOUR
UNION AND NOW WILL BE TURNING OVER LARGE PARTS OF WHAT THEY MAKE TO A

BUNCH
OF FAT,LAZY WHITE HAIRED UNION BOSS'S WHO SIT ON THEIR ASS'S ALL DAY

MAKING
50-60,000 A YEAR

Your cliché key is stuck.

Yet he's right. Starbucks jobs are for the most part "entry-level" - 90% of
the people working there will move on to bigger and better things within a
year or two. These people won't see a penny of the so-called "pension" and
"retirement" schemes they will be forced into paying with their dues, which
is exactly what the union bosses are hoping for.

Old 30-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Stan de SD

"Dan Clore" wrote in message
G*rd*n wrote:
"rebelguy" :

I FEEL SORRY FOR THESE STUPID PEOPLE, THEY WERE DUPED BY A MAXIST LABOUR
UNION AND NOW WILL BE TURNING OVER LARGE PARTS OF WHAT THEY MAKE TO A

BUNCH
OF FAT,LAZY WHITE HAIRED UNION BOSS'S WHO SIT ON THEIR ASS'S ALL DAY

MAKING
50-60,000 A YEAR

Your cliché key is stuck.

Not only cliché, but also untrue. In fact, I would hardly
know where to begin to untangle all the falsehoods in this
single sentence. It might make a fun challenge to see who
can point out the most.

OK, Clore, tell us what they will get out of those union dues they will soon
be forced to pay as a condition of working there. Retirement pensions? How
many people are going to make a career of working at Starbucks? Health
benefits? How long will they have to work to obtain those?

Once again, the unions are trying to find a way of financing their Ponzi
scheme retirement plans by looking for new sources of union dues. Suckering
in workers who won't even be around next year to collect any "benefits",
much less 20 years from now, is a racket that any neophyte hustler can
play... :O|

Old 30-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Michael Legel

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
link.net...

"Dan Clore" wrote in message
G*rd*n wrote:
[...]

Stan your rant is typical, outdated and so ludicrous it would be sad if not
for the fact that you probably actually believe it yourself. Do you have any
clue as to how miniscule union dues are compared to the benefits received? Do
some homework if you are truly concerned ... and if all you want to do is
repeat the same antiquated rhetoric ... do it somewhere else. Please.

Old 30-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Paragon

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
link.net...

"Dan Clore" wrote in message
G*rd*n wrote:
[...]

Hmmmm......what do I get out my union...? Let me think: regular raises not
based on favortism, recognized seniority for schedule picks and vacations,
overtime (no, it not all covered by the Federal law), better working
conditions, paid holidays,
health benefits (after I finished my probationary period of 90 days), jury
duty pay, bereavement pay, a grievance procedure for when the boss screws me
over (and he will), meal periods (no, the state and federal law don't really
touch that, either), report pay (so they don't call me in for 20 minutes of
work after a 30 minute drive), premium pay for certain jobs, transfer
guidelines, protection against managers doing my work and taking my hours,
guidelines for drug testing.......

and I never even had to mention "pension".

I admit to not knowing much about IWW, but where I work, I'm damn glad there
is a union that helps me out. Let's hope Starbucks employees choose a good
union.

Old 30-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Stan de SD

"Michael Legel" wrote in message
s.com...

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
link.net...

"Dan Clore" wrote in message
G*rd*n wrote:
[...]

Once again, how are most individuals who are only going to work at Starbucks
for a year or two going to receive "benefits"?

In addition, if the benefits received are such to make the dues "miniscule",
who's paying for them?

Answer those questions before you lecture me about doing my "homework", OK?

Old 30-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Stan de SD

"Paragon" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
link.net...

"Dan Clore" wrote in message
G*rd*n wrote:
[...]

I'm currently self-employed, and even with a lukewarm economy, my monthly
income is 3-4 times what I earned at the only union job I ever worked.
Again, the same question applies - given that benefits are aimed towards
long-term career employees, how will the average college-age student benefit
when he or she is going to move down the road in a year or two?

Old 30-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Stan de SD

"Paragon" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
link.net...

Old 31-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Michael Legel

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Michael Legel" wrote in message
s.com...

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
link.net...

"Dan Clore" wrote in message
G*rd*n wrote:
[...]

I don't have to answer your questions. It would be pointless to do so anyway
.... you are not going to be convinced by me. Thus I suggest you really
research these questions for yourself, only then will you realize the truth
that unions have provided far more benefit to employers, employees and
consumers than any other fraternal group in history. That is the fact that
you will not believe unless you read it for yourself. I suspect you don't do
the research because you simply WON'T believe this is possible. You probably
believe the eight hour work day, overtime, child labor laws, sweat shop laws,
etc. were all "given" to workers out of the intrinsic goodness of employers?
We all paid for those benefits ... employer, employee and consumer ... and we
all benefit because at some time in our lives we are each employer, employee
and consumer. So simple really.

Old 31-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Michael Legel

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Michael Legel" wrote in message
s.com...

"Stan de SD" wrote in message
link.net...

Old 31-05-2004, 03:27 AM
G*rd*n

"rebelguy" :
I FEEL SORRY FOR THESE STUPID PEOPLE, THEY WERE DUPED BY A MAXIST LABOUR
UNION AND NOW WILL BE TURNING OVER LARGE PARTS OF WHAT THEY MAKE TO A BUNCH
OF FAT,LAZY WHITE HAIRED UNION BOSS'S WHO SIT ON THEIR ASS'S ALL DAY MAKING
50-60,000 A YEAR

"G*rd*n":
Your cliché key is stuck.

"Stan de SD" :
Yet he's right. Starbucks jobs are for the most part "entry-level" - 90% of
the people working there will move on to bigger and better things within a
year or two. These people won't see a penny of the so-called "pension" and
"retirement" schemes they will be forced into paying with their dues, which
is exactly what the union bosses are hoping for.

How do you know? Do you have the particulars of the contract
and the union's management and financial affairs at hand?

--

() /*/