Carla F.

Default Need Recommendations for Espresso Blend

Hi. I just not too long ago got turned onto espresso. Actually discovered
the little starbucks cold coffee beverage in the store... I bought an
espresso machine, found a clone recipe for the frappuccino, etc., and have
been experimenting.

I normally drink a strong columbian roast - hot. We order the coffee from a
coffee place in "town". When I get it from the grocery store ground to
espresso grind and use it, it's still bitter.

Can someone recommend a blend to use that's still full, er strong, whatever,
yet not bitter when made into espresso? I don't know anything about coffee.

I usually use 2% milk and splenda and a sugar free vanilla syrup, although
before I found that I was just using milk and splenda or sugar and syrup. I
tried adding pectin to give the cold a creaminess - it was in the clone
recipe for frappuccino - but found it left residue in the bottom and
stopped. I'd like to figure out how to make it more creamy. Haven't tried
whole milk - I usually don't buy it, although I sometimes buy a small bottle
for my chai tea. Some things just demand whole milk. hehe

Carla
bratdawg1 at yahoo.moc
Yeah, I hate spam too.... sigh.

sir_doji

If you'd like a real treat take that frappuccino recipe and replace the milk
and sugar with a half gallon of ice cream add 2 tablespoons of caramel
topping and a pinch of Hershey's chocolate. It's very good!

I use a Columbian and Kenya AA mix in my espresso. Just make sure your
coffee is packed tight in your espresso maker and use fresh coffee and you
should be O.K.

Have fun.

"Carla F." > wrote in message
> Hi. I just not too long ago got turned onto espresso. Actually discovered
> the little starbucks cold coffee beverage in the store... I bought an
> espresso machine, found a clone recipe for the frappuccino, etc., and have
> been experimenting.
>
> I normally drink a strong columbian roast - hot. We order the coffee from

> coffee place in "town". When I get it from the grocery store ground to
> espresso grind and use it, it's still bitter.
>
> Can someone recommend a blend to use that's still full, er strong,

whatever,
> yet not bitter when made into espresso? I don't know anything about

coffee.

> I usually use 2% milk and splenda and a sugar free vanilla syrup, although
> before I found that I was just using milk and splenda or sugar and syrup.

> tried adding pectin to give the cold a creaminess - it was in the clone
> recipe for frappuccino - but found it left residue in the bottom and
> stopped. I'd like to figure out how to make it more creamy. Haven't

tried
> whole milk - I usually don't buy it, although I sometimes buy a small

bottle
> for my chai tea. Some things just demand whole milk. hehe

> Carla
> bratdawg1 at yahoo.moc
> Yeah, I hate spam too.... sigh.

sir_doji

"Carla F." > wrote in message
> Hi. I just not too long ago got turned onto espresso. Actually discovered
> the little starbucks cold coffee beverage in the store... I bought an
> espresso machine, found a clone recipe for the frappuccino, etc., and have
> been experimenting.
>
> I normally drink a strong columbian roast - hot. We order the coffee from

> coffee place in "town". When I get it from the grocery store ground to
> espresso grind and use it, it's still bitter.
>
> Can someone recommend a blend to use that's still full, er strong,

whatever,
> yet not bitter when made into espresso? I don't know anything about

coffee.

> I usually use 2% milk and splenda and a sugar free vanilla syrup, although
> before I found that I was just using milk and splenda or sugar and syrup.

> tried adding pectin to give the cold a creaminess - it was in the clone
> recipe for frappuccino - but found it left residue in the bottom and
> stopped. I'd like to figure out how to make it more creamy. Haven't

tried
> whole milk - I usually don't buy it, although I sometimes buy a small

bottle
> for my chai tea. Some things just demand whole milk. hehe

> Carla
> bratdawg1 at yahoo.moc
> Yeah, I hate spam too.... sigh.

dave

> Can someone recommend a blend to use that's still full, er strong, whatever,
> yet not bitter when made into espresso? I don't know anything about coffee.

Hi Carla
I found when I lived in Italy that bitterness is part of the espresso
taste. The italians make a small bitter amount of coffee (about 3
tablespoons of espresso in your cute little cup) which is QUITE
bitter, then they add a packet of sugar. So the result is a thick,
bittersweet brew that can be drunk in a few sips.

Try making it this way and see what you think. If I drink 'regular'
coffee I drink it strong and black, but with espresso i now add sugar.
good luck!
dave

> Can someone recommend a blend to use that's still full, er strong, whatever,
> yet not bitter when made into espresso? I don't know anything about coffee.

Hi Carla
I found when I lived in Italy that bitterness is part of the espresso
taste. The italians make a small bitter amount of coffee (about 3
tablespoons of espresso in your cute little cup) which is QUITE
bitter, then they add a packet of sugar. So the result is a thick,
bittersweet brew that can be drunk in a few sips.

Try making it this way and see what you think. If I drink 'regular'
coffee I drink it strong and black, but with espresso i now add sugar.
good luck!

Mo

Hi Carla.
It is not easy to find a good blend for everyone. I start with an espresso
blend from a coffee bean seller and add what I like.
Have you tried Malabar beans? Sweet Maria's (
http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.greencoffee.mvc.shtml ) has good reviews of
beans. I hope you can find what you looking for.

"dave" > wrote in message
om...

> > Can someone recommend a blend to use that's still full, er strong,

whatever,
> > yet not bitter when made into espresso? I don't know anything about

coffee.

> Hi Carla
> I found when I lived in Italy that bitterness is part of the espresso
> taste. The italians make a small bitter amount of coffee (about 3
> tablespoons of espresso in your cute little cup) which is QUITE
> bitter, then they add a packet of sugar. So the result is a thick,
> bittersweet brew that can be drunk in a few sips.
>
> Try making it this way and see what you think. If I drink 'regular'
> coffee I drink it strong and black, but with espresso i now add sugar.
> good luck!

Mo

Hi Carla.
It is not easy to find a good blend for everyone. I start with an espresso
blend from a coffee bean seller and add what I like.
Have you tried Malabar beans? Sweet Maria's (
http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.greencoffee.mvc.shtml ) has good reviews of
beans. I hope you can find what you looking for.

"dave" > wrote in message
om...

> > Can someone recommend a blend to use that's still full, er strong,

whatever,
> > yet not bitter when made into espresso? I don't know anything about

coffee.

> Hi Carla
> I found when I lived in Italy that bitterness is part of the espresso
> taste. The italians make a small bitter amount of coffee (about 3
> tablespoons of espresso in your cute little cup) which is QUITE
> bitter, then they add a packet of sugar. So the result is a thick,
> bittersweet brew that can be drunk in a few sips.
>
> Try making it this way and see what you think. If I drink 'regular'
> coffee I drink it strong and black, but with espresso i now add sugar.
> good luck!

RSS Coffee Feed - Coffee Tasting Terms For Espresso Coffee Makers - One of the aspects of becoming a true coffee aficionado or espresso coffee maker is to develop an ability to taste and evaluate the coffee after the roasting and grinding has been do `RSS,,,@...' Coffee 0 05-02-2012 01:04 AM
RSS Coffee Feed - Coffee Tasting Terms For Espresso Coffee Makers - One of the aspects of becoming a true coffee aficionado or espresso coffee maker is to develop an ability to taste and evaluate the coffee after the roasting and grinding has been do `RSS,,,@...' Coffee 0 28-01-2012 02:17 AM
Acid Blend Shane[_2_] Winemaking 5 12-01-2009 11:22 PM
espresso machine recommendations?? Steve Pope General Cooking 32 23-03-2007 07:55 PM
Will It Blend? Sheldon General Cooking 5 05-12-2006 11:21 PM