Karl

Default cleaning coffee pot

What solvent can I use to clean the sticky, brown residue that is building
up on the runners of the filter door mechanism on my Cuisinart Grind & Brew
Auto Coffeemaker? It's getting to the point where I can hardly open the
filter door. The sticky, brown residue looks almost like nicotine from
cigarettes, only there is alot of it! Some of it falls off when I poke at
it with a knife but I can't reach most of it because of the way the hinge
mechanism is designed. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

alexbrown77

I have found that the best way to get anything difficult off of a pot
is to soak it in warm water with a dryer sheet over night...Weird, I
know, but my grandmother told me about it and it works miricles...
alexbrown77

I have found that the best way to get anything difficult off of a pot
is to soak it in warm water with a dryer sheet over night...Weird, I
know, but my grandmother told me about it and it works miricles...

HI, I have found that the best cleaning solution for a coffeemaker, both
inside it and on all its outer surfaces and parts, is plain old distilled
white vinegar. The supermarket store brands work just fine. If it needs
any help, something that can scrub without scratching, such as a lint-free
sponge, or maybe a bottle brush or a stiff-bristled toothbrush, works
wonders.

Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA USA

ED ROGERS

Try dishwasher powder one tsp to 8 oz.hot water.This is the machine
powder not the handwashing type.Same if you get staining in the pot,just
remember to use hot water to dissolve the powder.When you see the oxygen
type cleaners look at the ingredients.Most of them are in dishwasher
powder at a much lower price.