Acadia

Default Cleaning carafe

What should I use to clean the inside of a STAINLESS STEEL carafe that is
part of a coffee maker? Thank you.

--
Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

Skenzer

can you safely get your hand inside it? if so, barkeeper's friend is a
great product for it.

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:04:28 GMT, "Acadia" >
wrote:

>What should I use to clean the inside of a STAINLESS STEEL carafe that is
>part of a coffee maker? Thank you.

Skenzer

wrote:

>What should I use to clean the inside of a STAINLESS STEEL carafe that is
>part of a coffee maker? Thank you.

JavaLady

"Acadia" > wrote in message >...
> What should I use to clean the inside of a STAINLESS STEEL carafe that is
> part of a coffee maker? Thank you.

The best product on the market hands down is called S & C pot cleaner.
I would recommend a soft brush sponge . They come in 2 sizes depending
upon the depth of your pots. you can get this stuff at 800-720-JAVA
JavaLady

"Acadia" > wrote in message >...
> What should I use to clean the inside of a STAINLESS STEEL carafe that is
> part of a coffee maker? Thank you.

The best product on the market hands down is called S & C pot cleaner.
I would recommend a soft brush sponge . They come in 2 sizes depending
upon the depth of your pots. you can get this stuff at 800-720-JAVA

paula

"i know that some in the hotel trade clean their small one pot s/s tea
pots with one of those tablets people use to soak their dentures
in.leave for a couple of hours or overnight if the stain is bad then
rinse well.if it gets rid of tannin from the tea then it should work
for coffee.

bikeella

why are you not supposed to clean a stainless steel pot or thermos with
bleach?

"Acadia" > wrote in message
> What should I use to clean the inside of a STAINLESS STEEL carafe that is
> part of a coffee maker? Thank you.
>
> --
> Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

bikeella

"Acadia" > wrote in message
> What should I use to clean the inside of a STAINLESS STEEL carafe that is
> part of a coffee maker? Thank you.
>
> --
> Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

paula

the chemicals in the bleach react with the metal.just like baby
sterilizing solution (a very weak bleach like formula)it should not
come in contact with any metal. a friend once put her baby bottle
cleaning brush into the sterilizing liquid and it "melted" the nylon
covering and sent the handle all gooey. not sure of the reaction on
stainless steel but it can't be a good one.

frater mus

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 at 21:39 GMT, > wrote:

> come in contact with any metal. a friend once put her baby bottle
> cleaning brush into the sterilizing liquid and it "melted" the nylon
> covering and sent the handle all gooey. not sure of the reaction on
> stainless steel but it can't be a good one.

I used a very weak bleach solution in my lovely Nissan stainless
thermos and it quit "therming". Must have broken one of the fine
welds.

--
L.V.X., brother mouse
http://www.mousetrap.net/otr/ Old Time Radio trades