Ted M

Default Strange ebay Gaggia offers

I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
(Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)

Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
how does it work in practice?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks,

Ted
jgullam

I noticed this as well
Also they seem to be ending (meaning they were listed) within minutes of
each other - seems odd

Ted M wrote:

> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>
> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> how does it work in practice?
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ted

jgullam

Ted M wrote:

> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>
> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> how does it work in practice?
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ted

Jack Denver

This fact pattern stinks loudly of ebay scam . Run, do not walk to the
nearest exit. If you have bid, cancel it. If you've "won", don't send any
money.

Don't depend on "buyer protection" - presumably you want to buy an espresso
machine and not a lengthy claims process to recover your own money, and your
chances of ever getting an espresso machine from one of these "sellers" is
close to zero.

Someone should notify ebay immediately of the suspicious nature of these
sellers. Although they don't appear to have done anything wrong YET, it
appears to be only a matter of time before they harvest some money from the
unwary. The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look at
their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.

They don't have to be concerned that the machines are going cheap due to low
feedback, as they ain't sending none anyway. Whatever money you send is pure
profit to this scammer - potentially many thousands of dollars.

"Ted M" > wrote in message
om...
> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>
> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> how does it work in practice?
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ted

Jack Denver

[...]

"Ted M" > wrote in message
om...
> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>
> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> how does it work in practice?
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ted

Jon A. Solworth

I would guess these sellers are all pseudonyms for the
same person. I wouldn't touch them is used. If new, I would
be careful how I paid.

Basically, you have a significant chance of fraud.
Is the savings worth the hassle and possible loss? That is
a personal decision.

Jon

jgullam wrote:
> I noticed this as well
> Also they seem to be ending (meaning they were listed) within minutes of
> each other - seems odd
>
> Ted M wrote:
>
>> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
>> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
>> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
>> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA. Their
>> names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
>> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>>
>> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
>> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
>> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
>> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
>> how does it work in practice?
>>
>> Your thoughts please.
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Ted

Jon A. Solworth

jgullam wrote:
> I noticed this as well
> Also they seem to be ending (meaning they were listed) within minutes of
> each other - seems odd
>
> Ted M wrote:
>
>> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
>> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
>> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
>> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA. Their
>> names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
>> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>>
>> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
>> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
>> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
>> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
>> how does it work in practice?
>>
>> Your thoughts please.
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Ted

DFN

"Ted M" > wrote in message
om...
> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>
> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take

Or they fell off the proverbial truck.

> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> how does it work in practice?
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ted

DFN

"Ted M" > wrote in message
om...
> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>
> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take

Or they fell off the proverbial truck.

> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> how does it work in practice?
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ted

CSS

Also be wary of offers from the sellers to those who did not win the auction
to sell the item at a reduced price. A while back there was an eBay scam
involving Krups Superauto machines where the seller requested direct payment
via wire transfer to a bank account in Eastern Europe. It was shut down
pretty quickly. As noted, the best defense is to be cautious.

"Jack Denver" > wrote in message
> This fact pattern stinks loudly of ebay scam . Run, do not walk to the
> nearest exit. If you have bid, cancel it. If you've "won", don't send any
> money.
>

> Don't depend on "buyer protection" - presumably you want to buy an

espresso
> machine and not a lengthy claims process to recover your own money, and

your
> chances of ever getting an espresso machine from one of these "sellers" is
> close to zero.
>
> Someone should notify ebay immediately of the suspicious nature of these
> sellers. Although they don't appear to have done anything wrong YET, it
> appears to be only a matter of time before they harvest some money from

the
> unwary. The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
> another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look at
> their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
> whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.
>
> They don't have to be concerned that the machines are going cheap due to

low
> feedback, as they ain't sending none anyway. Whatever money you send is

pure
> profit to this scammer - potentially many thousands of dollars.
>

> "Ted M" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> > the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> > have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> > feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> > Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> > (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
> >
> > Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> > on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> > the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> > a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> > how does it work in practice?
> >
> > Your thoughts please.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Ted

CSS

Also be wary of offers from the sellers to those who did not win the auction
to sell the item at a reduced price. A while back there was an eBay scam
involving Krups Superauto machines where the seller requested direct payment
via wire transfer to a bank account in Eastern Europe. It was shut down
pretty quickly. As noted, the best defense is to be cautious.

"Jack Denver" > wrote in message
> This fact pattern stinks loudly of ebay scam . Run, do not walk to the
> nearest exit. If you have bid, cancel it. If you've "won", don't send any
> money.
>

> Don't depend on "buyer protection" - presumably you want to buy an

espresso
> machine and not a lengthy claims process to recover your own money, and

your
> chances of ever getting an espresso machine from one of these "sellers" is
> close to zero.
>
> Someone should notify ebay immediately of the suspicious nature of these
> sellers. Although they don't appear to have done anything wrong YET, it
> appears to be only a matter of time before they harvest some money from

the
> unwary. The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
> another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look at
> their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
> whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.
>
> They don't have to be concerned that the machines are going cheap due to

low
> feedback, as they ain't sending none anyway. Whatever money you send is

pure
> profit to this scammer - potentially many thousands of dollars.
>

> "Ted M" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> > the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> > have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> > feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> > Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> > (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
> >
> > Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> > on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> > the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> > a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> > how does it work in practice?
> >
> > Your thoughts please.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Ted

Java Man (Espressopithecus)

In article >, Ted8984
@hotmail.com says...
~
~ Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
~ on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
~ the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
~ a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
~ how does it work in practice?
~
Buyer protection works if the item is not delivered, or if the item
delivered is very different from what was advertised. It doesn't
work if the item delivered is the same as advertised but is not in
the condition advertised. I bought a machine advertised as "clean
throughout, mint, perfect working order". It was filthy,
inoperative, scratched and dented. I provided photos to eBay, PayPal
and Square Trade. All the buyer had to do was say he didn't share my
view and wouldn't go to arbitration, and that was the end of it.

I've since reconditioned the machine and it works great, but I
overpaid for it because of the supposedly great condition.

Rick

Jack Denver

No, the scammer would like you to think that. Part of every "con" game is
than the "con" man takes you into his confidence so that the two of you can
"scam" a third party. In fact the only person being scammed is you.

I repeat again, there are no machines, period.

"DFN" > wrote in message
> Or they fell off the proverbial truck.

Jack Denver

"DFN" > wrote in message
> Or they fell off the proverbial truck.

Jack Denver

Chances are that "winning" this auction is just part one of the scam. Part
II would be, that, as you say, the non-winning bidders would be contacted
and offered the same "bargain" (for which there would be no ebay protection
at all). Part III would be for them to get you to send your money in some
untraceable way, via Western Union , to a fake escrow site, by wire
transfer, etc.

"CSS" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Also be wary of offers from the sellers to those who did not win the

auction
> to sell the item at a reduced price. A while back there was an eBay scam
> involving Krups Superauto machines where the seller requested direct

payment
> via wire transfer to a bank account in Eastern Europe. It was shut down
> pretty quickly. As noted, the best defense is to be cautious.

Jack Denver

Chances are that "winning" this auction is just part one of the scam. Part
II would be, that, as you say, the non-winning bidders would be contacted
and offered the same "bargain" (for which there would be no ebay protection
at all). Part III would be for them to get you to send your money in some
untraceable way, via Western Union , to a fake escrow site, by wire
transfer, etc.

"CSS" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Also be wary of offers from the sellers to those who did not win the

auction
> to sell the item at a reduced price. A while back there was an eBay scam
> involving Krups Superauto machines where the seller requested direct

payment
> via wire transfer to a bank account in Eastern Europe. It was shut down
> pretty quickly. As noted, the best defense is to be cautious.

btreichel

They also have Jura-Capresso Impressa F9 machine for too cheap. FYI
Horicon Wisconsin has a major prision in town. Anybody know about the
other sites??

Java Man (Espressopithecus) wrote:
> In article >, Ted8984
> @hotmail.com says...
> ~ I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> ~ the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> ~ have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> ~ feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> ~ Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> ~ (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
> ~
> ~ Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> ~ on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> ~ the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> ~ a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> ~ how does it work in practice?
> ~
> Buyer protection works if the item is not delivered, or if the item
> delivered is very different from what was advertised. It doesn't
> work if the item delivered is the same as advertised but is not in
> the condition advertised. I bought a machine advertised as "clean
> throughout, mint, perfect working order". It was filthy,
> inoperative, scratched and dented. I provided photos to eBay, PayPal
> and Square Trade. All the buyer had to do was say he didn't share my
> view and wouldn't go to arbitration, and that was the end of it.
>
> I've since reconditioned the machine and it works great, but I
> overpaid for it because of the supposedly great condition.
>
> Rick

btreichel

They also have Jura-Capresso Impressa F9 machine for too cheap. FYI
Horicon Wisconsin has a major prision in town. Anybody know about the
other sites??

Java Man (Espressopithecus) wrote:
> In article >, Ted8984
> @hotmail.com says...
> ~ I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> ~ the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> ~ have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> ~ feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> ~ Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> ~ (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
> ~
> ~ Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> ~ on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> ~ the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> ~ a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> ~ how does it work in practice?
> ~
> Buyer protection works if the item is not delivered, or if the item
> delivered is very different from what was advertised. It doesn't
> work if the item delivered is the same as advertised but is not in
> the condition advertised. I bought a machine advertised as "clean
> throughout, mint, perfect working order". It was filthy,
> inoperative, scratched and dented. I provided photos to eBay, PayPal
> and Square Trade. All the buyer had to do was say he didn't share my
> view and wouldn't go to arbitration, and that was the end of it.
>
> I've since reconditioned the machine and it works great, but I
> overpaid for it because of the supposedly great condition.
>
> Rick

Owen Egan

"Jack Denver" > wrote:

>The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
>another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look at
>their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
>whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.

I agree.

I was curious because the description of the Gaggia Baby was obviously
written by someone who had used it, or at least looked at it
carefully. Google revealed the seller had lifted the descriptive text
from http://tinyurl.com/3ewro.

- Owen
(who doesn't really *need* another Gaggia in his life right now...)

*********
Please remove your pants before replying by email.

Owen Egan

"Jack Denver" > wrote:

>The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
>another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look at
>their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
>whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.

I agree.

I was curious because the description of the Gaggia Baby was obviously
written by someone who had used it, or at least looked at it
carefully. Google revealed the seller had lifted the descriptive text
from http://tinyurl.com/3ewro.

- Owen
(who doesn't really *need* another Gaggia in his life right now...)

*********
Please remove your pants before replying by email.
btreichel

Shipping charges are realistic either. 8$'s

Ted M wrote:
> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>
> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> how does it work in practice?
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ted

btreichel

Ted M wrote:
> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>
> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> how does it work in practice?
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ted

Boron Elgar

On 27 Jan 2004 12:54:44 -0800, (Mark Thacker) wrote:

(Ted M) wrote in message . com>...
>> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
>> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
>> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
>> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
>> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
>> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>>
>> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
>> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
>> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
>> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
>> how does it work in practice?
>>
>> Your thoughts please.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Ted

>Ive noticed the same thing, but the usernames are not the ones you
>listed. The ones I am seeing look to be one person selling under 2 or
>more different usernames. All in Virgina,they have listed Gaggia
>Babys, Francis Francis, Juras and others.
>
>No feedback at all (new member on the day they listed auctions)
>Descriptions of items are copied from online reviews. Look at the
>bidders, the same people seem to be "bidding" on all of what is
>listed.
>

>I emailed about one auction, I guess we will see if I get a reply,
>somehow I doubt it.

The shipping prices are too low, also.

Boron
Boron Elgar

(Ted M) wrote in message . com>...
>> I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
>> the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
>> have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
>> feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
>> Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
>> (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
>>
>> Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
>> on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
>> the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
>> a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
>> how does it work in practice?
>>
>> Your thoughts please.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Ted

>Ive noticed the same thing, but the usernames are not the ones you
>listed. The ones I am seeing look to be one person selling under 2 or
>more different usernames. All in Virgina,they have listed Gaggia
>Babys, Francis Francis, Juras and others.
>
>No feedback at all (new member on the day they listed auctions)
>Descriptions of items are copied from online reviews. Look at the
>bidders, the same people seem to be "bidding" on all of what is
>listed.
>

>I emailed about one auction, I guess we will see if I get a reply,
>somehow I doubt it.

The shipping prices are too low, also.

Boron
BuzzRoaster

One of their auction descriptions is taken right off of WLL's website word
for word.

--Terry

"Owen Egan" > wrote in message
s.com...
> "Jack Denver" > wrote:
>
> >The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
> >another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look

at
> >their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
> >whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.

> I agree.
>
> I was curious because the description of the Gaggia Baby was obviously
> written by someone who had used it, or at least looked at it
> carefully. Google revealed the seller had lifted the descriptive text
> from http://tinyurl.com/3ewro.
>
> - Owen
> (who doesn't really *need* another Gaggia in his life right now...)
>

> *********
> Please remove your pants before replying by email.

BuzzRoaster

One of their auction descriptions is taken right off of WLL's website word
for word.

--Terry

"Owen Egan" > wrote in message
s.com...
> "Jack Denver" > wrote:
>
> >The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
> >another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look

at
> >their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
> >whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.

> I agree.
>
> I was curious because the description of the Gaggia Baby was obviously
> written by someone who had used it, or at least looked at it
> carefully. Google revealed the seller had lifted the descriptive text
> from http://tinyurl.com/3ewro.
>
> - Owen
> (who doesn't really *need* another Gaggia in his life right now...)
>

> *********
> Please remove your pants before replying by email.

dmreed

indeed, I was watching some of them and they simply disappeared!

"Jack Denver" > wrote in message
> This fact pattern stinks loudly of ebay scam . Run, do not walk to the
> nearest exit. If you have bid, cancel it. If you've "won", don't send any
> money.
>

> Don't depend on "buyer protection" - presumably you want to buy an

espresso
> machine and not a lengthy claims process to recover your own money, and

your
> chances of ever getting an espresso machine from one of these "sellers" is
> close to zero.
>
> Someone should notify ebay immediately of the suspicious nature of these
> sellers. Although they don't appear to have done anything wrong YET, it
> appears to be only a matter of time before they harvest some money from

the
> unwary. The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
> another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look at
> their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
> whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.
>
> They don't have to be concerned that the machines are going cheap due to

low
> feedback, as they ain't sending none anyway. Whatever money you send is

pure
> profit to this scammer - potentially many thousands of dollars.
>

> "Ted M" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> > the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> > have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> > feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> > Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> > (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
> >
> > Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> > on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> > the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> > a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> > how does it work in practice?
> >
> > Your thoughts please.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Ted

dmreed

indeed, I was watching some of them and they simply disappeared!

"Jack Denver" > wrote in message
> This fact pattern stinks loudly of ebay scam . Run, do not walk to the
> nearest exit. If you have bid, cancel it. If you've "won", don't send any
> money.
>

> Don't depend on "buyer protection" - presumably you want to buy an

espresso
> machine and not a lengthy claims process to recover your own money, and

your
> chances of ever getting an espresso machine from one of these "sellers" is
> close to zero.
>
> Someone should notify ebay immediately of the suspicious nature of these
> sellers. Although they don't appear to have done anything wrong YET, it
> appears to be only a matter of time before they harvest some money from

the
> unwary. The images and I assume the descriptions are from the Amazon site,
> another sign that the "seller" has never actually seen one. If you look at
> their other auctions, they are not only "selling" Gaggias, but Amazon's
> whole lineup - Capresso , FF, etc.
>
> They don't have to be concerned that the machines are going cheap due to

low
> feedback, as they ain't sending none anyway. Whatever money you send is

pure
> profit to this scammer - potentially many thousands of dollars.
>

> "Ted M" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have noticed a large number of Gaggia machines offered on ebay over
> > the last few days. They all seem to be offered by a few sellers who
> > have been members of ebay for just a few days. They all have zero
> > feedback. The sellers claim to be located in PA, WI, IN and CA.
> > Their names are strange: sybosyl, dyvab, hitarav, wevedyd, nixenyf.
> > (Are these sellers on this list to defend themselves?)
> >
> > Of course these are warning signs of potential fraud. But the prices
> > on their machines may be lower because of their lack of feedback and
> > the oversupply of machines they listed simultaneously. Would you take
> > a risk here? I've read about buyer protection on the ebay site. But
> > how does it work in practice?
> >
> > Your thoughts please.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Ted

dmreed

how about using paypal to make payment?

"Jack Denver" > wrote in message
> Chances are that "winning" this auction is just part one of the scam. Part
> II would be, that, as you say, the non-winning bidders would be contacted
> and offered the same "bargain" (for which there would be no ebay

protection
> at all). Part III would be for them to get you to send your money in some
> untraceable way, via Western Union , to a fake escrow site, by wire
> transfer, etc.
>

> "CSS" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > Also be wary of offers from the sellers to those who did not win the

> auction
> > to sell the item at a reduced price. A while back there was an eBay

scam
> > involving Krups Superauto machines where the seller requested direct

> payment
> > via wire transfer to a bank account in Eastern Europe. It was shut down
> > pretty quickly. As noted, the best defense is to be cautious.

dmreed

how about using paypal to make payment?

"Jack Denver" > wrote in message
> Chances are that "winning" this auction is just part one of the scam. Part
> II would be, that, as you say, the non-winning bidders would be contacted
> and offered the same "bargain" (for which there would be no ebay

protection
> at all). Part III would be for them to get you to send your money in some
> untraceable way, via Western Union , to a fake escrow site, by wire
> transfer, etc.
>

> "CSS" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > Also be wary of offers from the sellers to those who did not win the

> auction
> > to sell the item at a reduced price. A while back there was an eBay

scam
> > involving Krups Superauto machines where the seller requested direct

> payment
> > via wire transfer to a bank account in Eastern Europe. It was shut down
> > pretty quickly. As noted, the best defense is to be cautious.

dmreed

I bid and won a Briel EG281APG Multi-Pro.

so I sent the following to the seller:
========
you are a new seller and not registered and you description is a direct copy
from
http://www.coolshopping.com/kitchen....ee%2520Grinder

I would like to use an escrow account for payment. any problem with using an
escrow account?
=============

I will wait to see what the response is!

Dennis "who is not even sure what an escrow account really is" Reed

GeeDubb

dmreed wrote:
> I bid and won a Briel EG281APG Multi-Pro.
>
> so I sent the following to the seller:
> ========
> you are a new seller and not registered and you description is a
> direct copy from

http://www.coolshopping.com/kitchen....ee%2520Grinder

> I would like to use an escrow account for payment. any problem with
> using an escrow account?
> =============
>
> I will wait to see what the response is!
>
> Dennis "who is not even sure what an escrow account really is" Reed

write back again and tell them you'll pay when you receive merchandise......

Gary (my new/used grinder is on its way!!!)

GeeDubb

dmreed wrote:
> I bid and won a Briel EG281APG Multi-Pro.
>
> so I sent the following to the seller:
> ========
> you are a new seller and not registered and you description is a
> direct copy from

http://www.coolshopping.com/kitchen....ee%2520Grinder

> I would like to use an escrow account for payment. any problem with
> using an escrow account?
> =============
>
> I will wait to see what the response is!
>
> Dennis "who is not even sure what an escrow account really is" Reed

write back again and tell them you'll pay when you receive merchandise......

Gary (my new/used grinder is on its way!!!)

Jack Denver

Ask him to mail you a digital photo of himself holding the machine. Also
name address and phone number where you can call him directly. Also an
explanation for why he is selling so many machines under different names .
Keep us posted on the BS stories he will tell you. Or he may just disappear
as he is looking for easy victims and will drop anyone suspicious like a hot
potato.

But, repeat, DO NOT SEND MONEY. Not paypal, not escrow, not anything. You
will get all kinds of cock and bull stories out of this seller, but you will
never, never see a machine. Do not allow yourself to be "taken" because you
think you have bought a "bargain".

BTW, there's no such city as "Montgomery, PA". Be sure to contact the ebay
investigation dept. to alert them to the scam.

"dmreed" > wrote in message
> I bid and won a Briel EG281APG Multi-Pro.
>
> so I sent the following to the seller:
> ========
> you are a new seller and not registered and you description is a direct

copy
> from

http://www.coolshopping.com/kitchen....ee%2520Grinder

> I would like to use an escrow account for payment. any problem with using

an
> escrow account?
> =============
>
> I will wait to see what the response is!
>
> Dennis "who is not even sure what an escrow account really is" Reed

Jack Denver

"dmreed" > wrote in message
> I bid and won a Briel EG281APG Multi-Pro.
>
> so I sent the following to the seller:
> ========
> you are a new seller and not registered and you description is a direct

copy
> from

http://www.coolshopping.com/kitchen....ee%2520Grinder

> I would like to use an escrow account for payment. any problem with using

an
> escrow account?
> =============
>
> I will wait to see what the response is!
>
> Dennis "who is not even sure what an escrow account really is" Reed

Jack Denver

Also diskac, ogetyri, ufecuwo,pegivyn, rumenah2000 - just random nonsense
names. I assume there's more too. A really big scam. The auctions are
starting to close so people will be losing money very soon now. It's like
watching a train wreck that you can see coming.

All these have closed already:

Briel Sintra Espresso Machine with Drip Coffe
$120.00 1 Jan-24 14:17
Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine
$331.05 15 Jan-24 13:35
Gaggia Carezza Espresso Machine
$102.50 12 Jan-24 13:35
FrancisFrancis! X5 Espresso Machine
$175.00 22 Jan-24 13:35
Gaggia Baby Espresso Machine
$192.50 21 Jan-24 13:30
FrancisFrancis! X3 Espresso Machine
$186.00 21 Jan-24 13:30
FrancisFrancis! X1 Espresso Machine
$290.00 19 Jan-24 13:30
Gaggia Baby Espresso Machine
$184.00 29 Jan-24 13:16
FrancisFrancis! X3 Espresso Machine
$203.00 26 Jan-24 13:16
FrancisFrancis! X1 Espresso Machine
$425.00 35 Jan-24 13:16
Espressione Grace Pump Espresso Machine
$62.00 13 Jan-24 13:05
Briel ES62ABPG Cadiz Espresso Machine
$59.00 6 Jan-24 12:44

A couple of thousand $ right there.

om...

Gaggia steam problem Sla#s[_3_] Coffee 2 30-07-2011 03:21 AM
New 'pid' kit avail for Gaggia or Rancilio, etc. -- $125.00 edna713 Coffee 0 31-12-2006 01:04 AM
gaggia machines London Chap Coffee 0 25-01-2006 04:18 PM
Gaggia question Judy Konopka Coffee 0 11-10-2005 10:46 AM
gaggia expresso machines Smokeyone Coffee 5 02-11-2004 05:18 PM