VoiceOfReason

Default Yuk, Doo-Doo Coffee!

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:03:38 -0800, Wuzzup Mang! > wrote:

>There's no telling what else is out there in this world!
>
>JAKARTA, Indonesia -- There's drip coffee -- and then there's coffee
>from droppings. One of the world's most expensive coffees is
>supposedly made from droppings of weasellike civet cats. The story
>goes like this: The fussy Southeast Asian animals only eat the best
>and ripest coffee berries. Enzymes in their digestive system help to
>break down the bean. Workers collect the bean- containing droppings
>for so-called Civet or Weasel Coffee. Agus Susanto owns three
>fashionable cafes in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta. He says the popular
>Civet Coffee has a strong taste and an even stronger aroma. Some even
>say it's an aphrodisiac.
>

>http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news...ws;dm=ss;w=200

There are lots of reasons why many folks call the Third World the
"Turd World". This is just one of them, albeit a very literal one.

Many folks still wonder why the life expectancies are in general much
shorter in the 3rd world, while the odds of getting diseases like AIDS
are much higher. Meanwhile, the band plays on.....

VoiceOfReason

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:03:38 -0800, Wuzzup Mang! > wrote:

>There's no telling what else is out there in this world!
>
>JAKARTA, Indonesia -- There's drip coffee -- and then there's coffee
>from droppings. One of the world's most expensive coffees is
>supposedly made from droppings of weasellike civet cats. The story
>goes like this: The fussy Southeast Asian animals only eat the best
>and ripest coffee berries. Enzymes in their digestive system help to
>break down the bean. Workers collect the bean- containing droppings
>for so-called Civet or Weasel Coffee. Agus Susanto owns three
>fashionable cafes in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta. He says the popular
>Civet Coffee has a strong taste and an even stronger aroma. Some even
>say it's an aphrodisiac.
>

>http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news...ws;dm=ss;w=200

There are lots of reasons why many folks call the Third World the
"Turd World". This is just one of them, albeit a very literal one.

Many folks still wonder why the life expectancies are in general much
shorter in the 3rd world, while the odds of getting diseases like AIDS
are much higher. Meanwhile, the band plays on.....

E Kurtz

VoiceOfReason <> wrote in message >. ..
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:03:38 -0800, Wuzzup Mang! > wrote:
>
> >There's no telling what else is out there in this world!
> >
> >JAKARTA, Indonesia -- There's drip coffee -- and then there's coffee
> >from droppings. One of the world's most expensive coffees is
> >supposedly made from droppings of weasellike civet cats. The story
> >goes like this: The fussy Southeast Asian animals only eat the best
> >and ripest coffee berries. Enzymes in their digestive system help to
> >break down the bean. Workers collect the bean- containing droppings
> >for so-called Civet or Weasel Coffee. Agus Susanto owns three
> >fashionable cafes in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta. He says the popular
> >Civet Coffee has a strong taste and an even stronger aroma. Some even
> >say it's an aphrodisiac.
> >

> >http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news...ws;dm=ss;w=200

> There are lots of reasons why many folks call the Third World the
> "Turd World". This is just one of them, albeit a very literal one.
>
> Many folks still wonder why the life expectancies are in general much
> shorter in the 3rd world, while the odds of getting diseases like AIDS
> are much higher. Meanwhile, the band plays on.....

Recall this one from Scientific American? It appeared in a thread in
SCAA in 2000/04/27:

QUOTE
Sexual and hygienic practices in southern Africa also contribute to
the high rate of [HIV] infection. It is not uncommon for women to use
their fingers, cloth, paper or cotton wool to swab the vaginal walls
immediately before and during intercourse to achieve so-called dry
sex, which is favored by many men. Some women also insert detergents
and substances obtained from traditional healers--such as herbs and,
rarely, soil on which a baboon has urinated--to induce an inflammatory
reaction that dries, warms and tightens the vagina.
END QUOTE
E Kurtz

VoiceOfReason <> wrote in message >. ..
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:03:38 -0800, Wuzzup Mang! > wrote:
>
> >There's no telling what else is out there in this world!
> >
> >JAKARTA, Indonesia -- There's drip coffee -- and then there's coffee
> >from droppings. One of the world's most expensive coffees is
> >supposedly made from droppings of weasellike civet cats. The story
> >goes like this: The fussy Southeast Asian animals only eat the best
> >and ripest coffee berries. Enzymes in their digestive system help to
> >break down the bean. Workers collect the bean- containing droppings
> >for so-called Civet or Weasel Coffee. Agus Susanto owns three
> >fashionable cafes in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta. He says the popular
> >Civet Coffee has a strong taste and an even stronger aroma. Some even
> >say it's an aphrodisiac.
> >

> >http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news...ws;dm=ss;w=200

> There are lots of reasons why many folks call the Third World the
> "Turd World". This is just one of them, albeit a very literal one.
>
> Many folks still wonder why the life expectancies are in general much
> shorter in the 3rd world, while the odds of getting diseases like AIDS
> are much higher. Meanwhile, the band plays on.....

Recall this one from Scientific American? It appeared in a thread in
SCAA in 2000/04/27:

QUOTE
Sexual and hygienic practices in southern Africa also contribute to
the high rate of [HIV] infection. It is not uncommon for women to use
their fingers, cloth, paper or cotton wool to swab the vaginal walls
immediately before and during intercourse to achieve so-called dry
sex, which is favored by many men. Some women also insert detergents
and substances obtained from traditional healers--such as herbs and,
rarely, soil on which a baboon has urinated--to induce an inflammatory
reaction that dries, warms and tightens the vagina.
END QUOTE

The Sanity Inspector

Like wow, Scooby, look what Wuzzup Mang! > just wrote!

>There's no telling what else is out there in this world!
>
>JAKARTA, Indonesia -- There's drip coffee -- and then there's coffee
>from droppings. One of the world's most expensive coffees is
>supposedly made from droppings of weasellike civet cats. The story
>goes like this: The fussy Southeast Asian animals only eat the best
>and ripest coffee berries. Enzymes in their digestive system help to
>break down the bean. Workers collect the bean- containing droppings
>for so-called Civet or Weasel Coffee. Agus Susanto owns three
>fashionable cafes in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta. He says the popular
>Civet Coffee has a strong taste and an even stronger aroma. Some even
>say it's an aphrodisiac.
>

>http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news...ws;dm=ss;w=200

Dave Barry had a funny column about that coffee a few years ago. He
said that it tasted like someone had washed a dead cat in it.

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.
The Sanity Inspector

Like wow, Scooby, look what Wuzzup Mang! > just wrote!

>There's no telling what else is out there in this world!
>
>JAKARTA, Indonesia -- There's drip coffee -- and then there's coffee
>from droppings. One of the world's most expensive coffees is
>supposedly made from droppings of weasellike civet cats. The story
>goes like this: The fussy Southeast Asian animals only eat the best
>and ripest coffee berries. Enzymes in their digestive system help to
>break down the bean. Workers collect the bean- containing droppings
>for so-called Civet or Weasel Coffee. Agus Susanto owns three
>fashionable cafes in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta. He says the popular
>Civet Coffee has a strong taste and an even stronger aroma. Some even
>say it's an aphrodisiac.
>

>http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news...ws;dm=ss;w=200

Dave Barry had a funny column about that coffee a few years ago. He
said that it tasted like someone had washed a dead cat in it.

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.
--The Jam
Byker

Wuzzup Mang! > just wrote!

>There's no telling what else is out there in this world!

As if you wouldn't know: "The traditional, manure-based "Many Weed Tea,"
taken by generations of rural black families in Alabama as a cold and flu
remedy, is fading away despite continued testimonials to its effectiveness,
according to a June Birmingham News story. Its recipe calls for forming a
tea bag of cloth and filling it with two open lemons, stalks of the lavender
plant, honey and several dried cow patties, preferably containing visible,
undigested leaves and twigs. The brew is supposedly safe for humans provided
that it is boiled long enough before steeping. [Birmingham News, 6-20-02]

Byker

Wuzzup Mang! > just wrote!

>There's no telling what else is out there in this world!

As if you wouldn't know: "The traditional, manure-based "Many Weed Tea,"
taken by generations of rural black families in Alabama as a cold and flu
remedy, is fading away despite continued testimonials to its effectiveness,
according to a June Birmingham News story. Its recipe calls for forming a
tea bag of cloth and filling it with two open lemons, stalks of the lavender
plant, honey and several dried cow patties, preferably containing visible,
undigested leaves and twigs. The brew is supposedly safe for humans provided
that it is boiled long enough before steeping. [Birmingham News, 6-20-02]

The Devil's Advocate©

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:08:32 GMT, "Byker" > wrote:

>Wuzzup Mang! > just wrote!
>
>>There's no telling what else is out there in this world!

>As if you wouldn't know: "The traditional, manure-based "Many Weed Tea,"
>taken by generations of rural black families in Alabama as a cold and flu
>remedy, is fading away despite continued testimonials to its effectiveness,
>according to a June Birmingham News story. Its recipe calls for forming a
>tea bag of cloth and filling it with two open lemons, stalks of the lavender
>plant, honey and several dried cow patties, preferably containing visible,
>undigested leaves and twigs. The brew is supposedly safe for humans provided
>that it is boiled long enough before steeping. [Birmingham News, 6-20-02]

It must be working for you, Byker. You have't missed a day of posting
this whole damn flu-riddin winter.

The Devil's Advocate©

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:08:32 GMT, "Byker" > wrote:

>Wuzzup Mang! > just wrote!
>
>>There's no telling what else is out there in this world!

>As if you wouldn't know: "The traditional, manure-based "Many Weed Tea,"
>taken by generations of rural black families in Alabama as a cold and flu
>remedy, is fading away despite continued testimonials to its effectiveness,
>according to a June Birmingham News story. Its recipe calls for forming a
>tea bag of cloth and filling it with two open lemons, stalks of the lavender
>plant, honey and several dried cow patties, preferably containing visible,
>undigested leaves and twigs. The brew is supposedly safe for humans provided
>that it is boiled long enough before steeping. [Birmingham News, 6-20-02]

It must be working for you, Byker. You have't missed a day of posting
this whole damn flu-riddin winter.
Byker

"The Devil's Advocate©" > wrote in message

> You have't missed a day of posting
> this whole damn flu-riddin winter.

That's because I got a flu shot months ago, unlike the burrheads who put it
off until the vaccine was practically all gone and the local network
affiliates had a field day showing this near-riot stampede of ghetto sows,
sprogs in tow, trying to "get da shot fo' mah baybee" from the Health
Department...

Byker