Robert Nicholson

Default Paying more to eat in at Starbucks.

Here in the UK you pay a higher price per pastry to eat in at the
local Starbucks. Having been in the USA, UK, Thailand and Australia in
the last six months I don't remember seeing this policy elsewhere.

Do anybody know where in the world you pay extra if you want to eat in
at your local Starbucks?

In the America Starbucks encourages lounging and I think there would
be an uproar if customers were asked to pay a higher price to eat in
than take out.
In His Footsteps

a taxing ploy! --take it any way you want.

here in the States, if you go to a Supermarket to buy
food you are not charged tax on Food.

But if you buy it in a restaurant you are charged tax
on Food.

If you go to a QuickieMart and buy a frozen item
there is no tax, but if you throw that frozen item
into their microwave.....you get taxed for 'ready to serve'
Food.

Very Taxxing and Vexxing Tax Ploys!

"Robert Nicholson" > wrote in message
om...
> Here in the UK you pay a higher price per pastry to eat in at the
> local Starbucks. Having been in the USA, UK, Thailand and Australia in
> the last six months I don't remember seeing this policy elsewhere.
>
> Do anybody know where in the world you pay extra if you want to eat in
> at your local Starbucks?
>
> In the America Starbucks encourages lounging and I think there would
> be an uproar if customers were asked to pay a higher price to eat in
> than take out.

In His Footsteps

a taxing ploy! --take it any way you want.

here in the States, if you go to a Supermarket to buy
food you are not charged tax on Food.

But if you buy it in a restaurant you are charged tax
on Food.

If you go to a QuickieMart and buy a frozen item
there is no tax, but if you throw that frozen item
into their microwave.....you get taxed for 'ready to serve'
Food.

Very Taxxing and Vexxing Tax Ploys!

"Robert Nicholson" > wrote in message
om...
> Here in the UK you pay a higher price per pastry to eat in at the
> local Starbucks. Having been in the USA, UK, Thailand and Australia in
> the last six months I don't remember seeing this policy elsewhere.
>
> Do anybody know where in the world you pay extra if you want to eat in
> at your local Starbucks?
>
> In the America Starbucks encourages lounging and I think there would
> be an uproar if customers were asked to pay a higher price to eat in
> than take out.

smithfarms pure kona

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:42:35 GMT, "In His Footsteps"
> wrote:

>a taxing ploy! --take it any way you want.
>
>here in the States, if you go to a Supermarket to buy
>food you are not charged tax on Food.
>
>But if you buy it in a restaurant you are charged tax
>on Food.
>
>If you go to a QuickieMart and buy a frozen item
>there is no tax, but if you throw that frozen item
>into their microwave.....you get taxed for 'ready to serve'
>Food.
>
>Very Taxxing and Vexxing Tax Ploys!

Taxes are different form state to state. Here in Hawaii, we are taxed
on everything!! All Groceries, All Medicines, Doctor visits,
clothes--you name it, we are taxed!!

aloha,
Thunder

http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%
Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff
smithfarms pure kona

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:42:35 GMT, "In His Footsteps"
> wrote:

>a taxing ploy! --take it any way you want.
>
>here in the States, if you go to a Supermarket to buy
>food you are not charged tax on Food.
>
>But if you buy it in a restaurant you are charged tax
>on Food.
>
>If you go to a QuickieMart and buy a frozen item
>there is no tax, but if you throw that frozen item
>into their microwave.....you get taxed for 'ready to serve'
>Food.
>
>Very Taxxing and Vexxing Tax Ploys!

Taxes are different form state to state. Here in Hawaii, we are taxed
on everything!! All Groceries, All Medicines, Doctor visits,
clothes--you name it, we are taxed!!

aloha,
Thunder

http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%
Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Scott

"Robert Nicholson" > wrote in message
om...
> Here in the UK you pay a higher price per pastry to eat in at the
> local Starbucks. Having been in the USA, UK, Thailand and Australia in
> the last six months I don't remember seeing this policy elsewhere.
>
> Do anybody know where in the world you pay extra if you want to eat in
> at your local Starbucks?
>
> In the America Starbucks encourages lounging and I think there would
> be an uproar if customers were asked to pay a higher price to eat in
> than take out.

In the US, it depends upon the locality--which state and (to some
extent) which city/county. In some locations, whether or not you pay tax
on items (coffee, pastries) purchased at Starbucks depends upon whether
you consume those items in-store or take them out (creating the issue,
as you might surmise, when people order something "to go" but consume it
on-site). There is no nation-wide policy regarding the taxation of food
(sales tax regulations are determined on the state and local levels)

please mail OT responses only
Scott

"Robert Nicholson" > wrote in message
om...
> Here in the UK you pay a higher price per pastry to eat in at the
> local Starbucks. Having been in the USA, UK, Thailand and Australia in
> the last six months I don't remember seeing this policy elsewhere.
>
> Do anybody know where in the world you pay extra if you want to eat in
> at your local Starbucks?
>
> In the America Starbucks encourages lounging and I think there would
> be an uproar if customers were asked to pay a higher price to eat in
> than take out.

In the US, it depends upon the locality--which state and (to some
extent) which city/county. In some locations, whether or not you pay tax
on items (coffee, pastries) purchased at Starbucks depends upon whether
you consume those items in-store or take them out (creating the issue,
as you might surmise, when people order something "to go" but consume it
on-site). There is no nation-wide policy regarding the taxation of food
(sales tax regulations are determined on the state and local levels)

please mail OT responses only
Scott

In article .net>,
"In His Footsteps" > wrote:

> here in the States, if you go to a Supermarket to buy
> food you are not charged tax on Food.
>
> But if you buy it in a restaurant you are charged tax
> on Food.

Again, it depends upon where you are. There are no state or local sales
taxes in Delaware, for example--on food other anything else. Other
states charge tax on certain items purchased from supermarkets--
sometimes on those items defined as "non-essential goods," which often
leads to grotesquely complicated lists of taxable and nontaxable foods.

See here
<http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales.html>
for a breakdown on which states tax food.

please mail OT responses only
Scott

In article .net>,
"In His Footsteps" > wrote:

> here in the States, if you go to a Supermarket to buy
> food you are not charged tax on Food.
>
> But if you buy it in a restaurant you are charged tax
> on Food.

Again, it depends upon where you are. There are no state or local sales
taxes in Delaware, for example--on food other anything else. Other
states charge tax on certain items purchased from supermarkets--
sometimes on those items defined as "non-essential goods," which often
leads to grotesquely complicated lists of taxable and nontaxable foods.

See here
<http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales.html>
for a breakdown on which states tax food.

please mail OT responses only
smithfarms pure kona

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:09:34 GMT, Scott >
wrote:

>In article .net>,
> "In His Footsteps" > wrote:
>
>> here in the States, if you go to a Supermarket to buy
>> food you are not charged tax on Food.
>>
>> But if you buy it in a restaurant you are charged tax
>> on Food.

>Again, it depends upon where you are. There are no state or local

sales
>taxes in Delaware, for example--on food other anything else. Other
>states charge tax on certain items purchased from supermarkets--
>sometimes on those items defined as "non-essential goods," which

often
>leads to grotesquely complicated lists of taxable and nontaxable

foods.

>See here
><http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales.html>
>for a breakdown on which states tax food.

Scott, that page is incorrect. We are indeed taxed on prescription
drugs. I recently had a broken leg and watched the tax calculated on
every single little thing. We in Hawaii actually have a progressive
tax. It is nuts and nasty. Ah- but it is paradise if you look out the
window
aloha from beautiful south Kona

http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%