Old 17-01-2004, 07:24 AM
DS

Default lost my taste for coffee?

Interesting...

That's exactly how I know if I am really unwell - if coffee doen't appeal to
me,
and how I know if I've fully recovered - I need a cup before I can do
anything else first thing in the AM.

Don't think that my distaste for coffee has ever lasted more than a couple
of weeks though.

DS

wrote in message
news.com...
I had the flu a month ago, and I have totally lost my taste for coffee!?!
and I am a 14 year veteran of double shots from my machine every morning.

am not sure what is happening to me. Black tea is my poison now.

Old 17-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Donald Blum

The same thing happened to me when I had the flu last month. At the same
time I was getting sick, my espresso machine was having some maintenance
work done. I got it back while I was just over the peak of the flu. For a
week, espressos were tasting across the board awful, and still somewhat off
the next week or so after that. Now it's all back to normal. It must have
something to do with the flu bug. I only wish I had gotten over the flu (a
month) as quickly as it took me to get back my regular tastebuds (two
weeks).

- Donald Blum

Old 23-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Enso

Have been wondering about this too. I had flu and drank no
coffee/espresso for about 10-days. It just didn't seem appealing to
drink - went through a mess of darjeeling, orange pekoe and
orange-flavored Constant Comment tea which tasted as normal and had "hot
drink appeal". Flu gone, roaster running, coffee quickly went back on the
every-morning nutritional requirment list.

Dan

"Donald Blum" wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Old 25-01-2004, 07:03 PM
dmreed

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
ink.net...

actually yerba matte (a little milk and sugar definitely helps) is

quite
good (a little milk and sugar definitely helps) and it definitely will

take
care of the need for caffeine!

Is that what's in Celestial Seasonings' Morning Thunder?

yes