Old 11-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Bryan

Default Bodum Santos vacuum pot filter

Here's what I did: Buy the filter for the automatic electric Bodum. Unscrew
the spring/clip from the bottom of the filter that came with your stovetop
model, and screw it onto the clip part on the bottom of the automatic filter.
This can be tricky, but it can be done. Your pulldowns will be very fast after
that, and the filter has lasted me over a year now. I believe I saw this trick
on tha alt.coffee newsgroup. Good luck!

Bryan

"Jon and Courtney" wrote:
I've just recently bought a Bodum vacuum pot (the stove-top kind, not
automatic) and I really like it EXCEPT the filter really tends to get
clogged. I've tried using a coarser grind of coffee and it still
happened--it just took a little longer than with a finer grind. I really
don't want half of my coffee to be infused for 20 minutes or so! I've heard
that Cona vacuum pots are better but I didn't want to spend so much money
for something I only use on the weekend anyway. Is there a filter from
another brand of manual vacuum pot that would fit the Bodum Santos? I read
on an FAQ about vacuum pots that the filter could be replaced but I'm not
sure which brand to try.
Any advice greatly appreciated!

Courtney