FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   Cleaning Cuisinart Automatic Grind & Brew (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/119314-cleaning-cuisinart-automatic-grind.html)

Seamus Cooney 20-03-2007 01:54 AM

Cleaning Cuisinart Automatic Grind & Brew

Anyone know how to get the bean grinding container -- the bit with the
blade -- to come loose for cleaning? Once in a while it will just lift
out, but more usually no matter how I fiddle & turn & push or pull, it
stays put. (I have the machine but not the instruction booklet.)

Seamus
cooneys at chartermi.net

Flatlander 26-03-2007 04:09 PM

Cleaning Cuisinart Automatic Grind & Brew

You can find the owners manual on Cuisinart's webpage.
Here's a link to get you started.
http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/category.php?cat_id=3

I would have gave you the link to the users guide but I don't know which
model you have.
I have the model DGB-600BC myself and enjoy it except for the daily cleanup
of all the parts. The part on mine that that you put the beans in comes out
without a fuss, but I don't think the blade is meant to detach from it.

I also noticed that after brewing coffee that under the grinder shute
acumilates some coffee where its not supposed to be.
That may be the reason for that bottom part sticking. I wipe the interior
down
especially under the shute.

I also noticed that the caraf really doesn't keep the coffee hot for as long
as they advertised.

When this one dies I'll go back to grind a batch and brew a pot along with a
warming plate.

Hopes this helps, sorry for the rant,

Dean

> Anyone know how to get the bean grinding container -- the bit with the
> blade -- to come loose for cleaning? Once in a while it will just lift
> out, but more usually no matter how I fiddle & turn & push or pull, it
> stays put. (I have the machine but not the instruction booklet.)
>
> Seamus
> cooneys at chartermi.net

. ..