Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.food.coffee

Default Quiet coffee grinder???

In rec.food.drink.coffee Alan wrote:
> I got a Bodum burr grinder a couple of years ago, expecting
> it to be quieter than the small "blender" type of grinder.
>
> Boy! Was I wrong about that?
>
> Is there any brand/model of burr grinder that is not only a
> good grinder, but is QUIET??

We got a Bezzera bb004 that is arguably comparable to the Rocky, much
better looking, and as quiet as any I know of. The nature of grinding hard
coffee beans is necessarily going to generate some noise.

Coffee grinder Klaus Totem Coffee 4 01-12-2011 09:52 PM
Well, I tried it! My new coffee grinder John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 25 17-11-2011 04:27 AM
Seeking a low-capacity grinder (non-coffee and coffee) Gerald Abrahamson Coffee 1 22-03-2008 03:57 PM
Quiet coffee grinder??? yetanotherBob Coffee 2 04-07-2007 06:58 AM
use for old coffee grinder Michael General Cooking 21 05-03-2005 01:55 AM