Old 15-12-2006, 03:51 PM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.food.coffee

Default Quiet coffee grinder???

In article , Alan
says...
I got a Bodum burr grinder a couple of years ago, expecting
it to be quieter than the small "blender" type of grinder.

Boy! Was I wrong about that?

Is there any brand/model of burr grinder that is not only a
good grinder, but is QUIET??

Thanks for your kind attention,

Alan Moorman

The Capresso Infinity is pretty quiet. It has a geared-down set of
conical burrs that do a nice, even job, although they probably cannot be
set fine enough for a good espresso machine. More ground coffee remains
in the Capresso grinding chamber and exit chute than I would prefer to
see, but on the other hand it's pretty easy to get at those areas to
clean them out. It's probably as good a grinder as you can get for less
than $100.

A couple of weeks ago Amazon had a KitchenAid "Pro" grinder on sale for
$99, as I recall, a good discount. That's also supposed to be a good
grinder, with flat burrs that are billed as adjustable down to standard
espresso grind requirements. I've heard that it's not as quiet as the
Capresso, although it probably beats your Bodum.

If you're just doing drip, the Bodum whirly-blade grinder is the best of
the bunch, imo, producing a consistent, fine grind of about 50g of beans
in about 40 seconds, without too much fuss, noise or cleanup hassle.

Bob

Old 04-07-2007, 06:58 AM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.food.coffee

oups.com...

yetanotherBob wrote:
[...]

I got a Kitchenaid "pro grinder" at Costco for $100. It usually sells for
$200. It's a horizontal grinder, though I don't think it's conical[I haven't
looked inside yet]. It's very quiet. It doesn't wake the little woman. It
grinds a very uniform expresso grind. The only possible bitch is that once
you turn it on, you have to manually turn it off. At the same time, it
grinds quickly. After throwing out 4 self destructing grinders, I'm for the
first time in years grinding happily.

Kent

Coffee grinder Klaus Totem Coffee 4 01-12-2011 10:52 PM
Well, I tried it! My new coffee grinder John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 25 17-11-2011 05:27 AM
Seeking a low-capacity grinder (non-coffee and coffee) Gerald Abrahamson Coffee 1 22-03-2008 04:57 PM
Quiet coffee grinder??? Colin B. Coffee 0 15-12-2006 06:00 PM
use for old coffee grinder Michael General Cooking 21 05-03-2005 02:55 AM