Posted to rec.food.chocolate
JMF

Default For Alex Rast: can it be frozen?

Alex,

A little while ago you posted the response below to a question, with a
recipe. I'd like to give it a try.

But, since I'm going to do it for a party along with other things, I'd like
to know what I can do ahead of time. In fact, I'd like to do it a LOT ahead
of time, as much as two weeks, and so I'm interested in knowing whether I
can freeze it at any point at all.

The two candidates that come to my mind a

- freeze the finished batter - and then you unfreeze it when you're ready to
bake. Maybe take it out of the freezer the night before, put it into the
refrigerator, then baking it the same day that you present it.

- freeze the finished cake. In which case I suppose you'd just bring it up
to room temperature on the day itself.

What do you think? Any part of the process in which I could intervene and
freeze?

Thanks,

John

(Haven't decided which of the three chocolate scenarios I'd like to do, but
since I'm in Italy it might be fun to do an all Italian version.)