FoodBanter.com

-   Chocolate (https://www.foodbanter.com/chocolate/)
-   -   Hershey's European Cocoa--WHERE BUY? (https://www.foodbanter.com/chocolate/719-hersheys-european-cocoa-where.html)

Kevan 05-12-2003 06:27 PM

Hershey's European Cocoa--WHERE BUY?

Can't find Hershey's European Cocoa at any grocers in my area. Do you
know of anywhere that sells it? Any store, mail order, or website?
(Hershey's coporate office is of NO help.)

Please reply directly to me:

Thank you!

Curly Sue 05-12-2003 07:44 PM

On 5 Dec 2003 10:27:53 -0800, (Kevan) wrote:

>Can't find Hershey's European Cocoa at any grocers in my area. Do you
>know of anywhere that sells it? Any store, mail order, or website?
>(Hershey's coporate office is of NO help.)
>
>Please reply directly to me:

>Thank you!

I ordered a case by mail several years ago. I checked the box (which
I still have) and called the number to check it out for you. They no
longer sell non-gift stuff by mail, but if you call their customer
relations number they will take your zip code and tell you stores
where the cocoa is sold in your area. The number is 800-468-1714.
One caveat. If the "locate our products" option doesn't give you the
option to speak to someone, just press zero and it should transfer you
to a person who will help.

Sue(tm)

[email protected] 05-12-2003 08:48 PM

In rec.food.cooking Kevan > wrote:
> Can't find Hershey's European Cocoa at any grocers in my area. Do you
> know of anywhere that sells it? Any store, mail order, or website?
> (Hershey's coporate office is of NO help.)

The information might be on Hershey's web site.

Sheryl Rosen 06-12-2003 01:23 AM

Hershey's European Cocoa--WHERE BUY?

in article , Kevan at
wrote on 12/5/03 1:27 PM:

> Can't find Hershey's European Cocoa at any grocers in my area. Do you
> know of anywhere that sells it? Any store, mail order, or website?
> (Hershey's coporate office is of NO help.)
>
> Please reply directly to me:

> Thank you!

that's the one in the silver can, right?

Hmmm...I had a canister, but don't think I've seen it lately.
But then again, I haven't looked, since I use Penzey's cocoa now.

I will check when i get out to the market again, if I find it, I'd be happy
to send you some, if you would reimburse me the cost plus shipping.

cynthia mason 06-12-2003 05:55 AM

Hershey's European Cocoa--WHERE BUY?

Hershey's European is Dutch processed chocolate. It is darker and
milder. Droste also makes Dutch chocolate. You might try that if yoou
can find it.

Khawla Samar 12-12-2003 12:51 PM

(cynthia mason) wrote in message >...
> Hershey's European is Dutch processed chocolate. It is darker and
> milder. Droste also makes Dutch chocolate. You might try that if yoou
> can find it.

this sounds like very delicious chocolate.I may try it when i travel to
Europe and i will try and find a shop which sells this kind of chocolate and
forward the address of the shop to this news group site.

Khawla Samar 12-12-2003 12:52 PM

Tea 12-12-2003 08:34 PM

Hershey's European Cocoa--WHERE BUY?

"Khawla Samar" > wrote in message
m...
> (cynthia mason) wrote in message

> > Hershey's European is Dutch processed chocolate. It is darker and
> > milder. Droste also makes Dutch chocolate. You might try that if yoou
> > can find it.

> this sounds like very delicious chocolate.I may try it when i travel to
> Europe and i will try and find a shop which sells this kind of chocolate

and
> forward the address of the shop to this news group site.

Dutch processed cocoa should be easy to find in pretty much any supermarket
in Europe. I know that in the US, Droste is all over the place. there are
plenty of other brands, too, most of which taste better and richer than
Droste or the American version of Hershey (I have not tried the European
version, so I can't really comment). If you go to a gourmet food shop in
Europe, you will no doubt find brands that will leave both the brands
mentioned in the shade. In fact, I'm using up my cocoa as quickly as
possible so that I will have an excuse o buy Scharffen-Berger, a brnd out of
the Western US that stacks up against many European cocoas.

Other good brands of cocoa include Bensdorp, Ibarra (I've found it in Mexico
and the US), Schokinaq, and many others. Most of these can probably be
found through markets on the Internet.

Eddy 15-12-2003 06:59 AM

Hershey's European Cocoa--WHERE BUY?

Kevan:

There is a local grocery store in my town that sells it. The name of
the grocery store is Metropolitan Market its in Tacoma. I don't know
if they have a website, but if this grocery store here in tacoma has
it, I don't see why a gourmet store in your area would not carry it.

Eddy

Sheryl 15-12-2003 03:02 PM

wrote on 12/5/03 1:27 PM:

> > Can't find Hershey's European Cocoa at any grocers in my area. Do you
> > know of anywhere that sells it? Any store, mail order, or website?
> > (Hershey's coporate office is of NO help.)
> >
> > Please reply directly to me:

> > Thank you!

> that's the one in the silver can, right?
>
> Hmmm...I had a canister, but don't think I've seen it lately.
> But then again, I haven't looked, since I use Penzey's cocoa now.
>
> I will check when i get out to the market again, if I find it, I'd be happy
> to send you some, if you would reimburse me the cost plus shipping.

I happened to see it yesterday at Stop and Shop in CT. They have
stores from NJ up through Massachusetts. THey are part of the same
company that owns Giant and other stores, so you may find it at a
market near you.

Offer still stands to pick up a can and mail it, for reimbursement,
but the OP hasn't replied.

Sue, if you want some, let me know, I'd be happy to pick it up for you
and bring it next time I see you.