Her Serene Highness

Default Yikes!

Chocolate-Maker Says Chocolate Factories Worm-Free
2 hours, 1 minute ago Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

BOMBAY (Reuters) - Cadbury India Ltd said on Tuesday chocolate samples at
its factories in western India were free of any "infestation" after health
officials said they found dead and live worms in chocolates picked from a
store in Bombay.

"We have checked all samples of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate at the factory
and have found them to be of good quality and free of any traces of
infestation," Cadbury India sales and markets director Vidyut Arte said in a
statement.

Cadbury India issued the statement after officials at the Food and Drug
Administration (news - web sites) of the western Maharashtra state said
laboratory tests confirmed that worms were present in Cadbury Dairy Milk
chocolates taken from the small suburban Bombay store.

The state government lab conducted the tests following complaints by a group
of people about live worms in chocolates bought from the store.

Arte said Cadbury India, a unit of Cadbury Schweppes Plc that has four
factories in India, learned about the laboratory report through local media
reports.

He said chocolates were susceptible to infestation if they were stored near
grains or in unhygienic conditions.

The statement added the company provided its 650,000 retailers in India with
storage dispensers and conducted periodic checks at stores to maintain
quality control.

--
'Patior Sed Supervivo' - 'I Suffer, But I Survive'

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:41:20 GMT, "Her Serene Highness"
> wrote:

>Chocolate-Maker Says Chocolate Factories Worm-Free
> 2 hours, 1 minute ago Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!
>
>BOMBAY (Reuters) - Cadbury India

<snip>

Thanks for the information, however, I would like to kindly request
that you please do not quote a whole article on usenet in the future.
A short summary or small quote, plus a link to the article is the best
idea. I request this, because by posting the whole article here, you
are technically in violation of the copyrights on the article. FYI
and in the future.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davida @ jdc . org . il>
Her Serene Highness

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in
message ...
> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:41:20 GMT, "Her Serene Highness"
> > wrote:
>
> >Chocolate-Maker Says Chocolate Factories Worm-Free
> > 2 hours, 1 minute ago Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!
> >
> >BOMBAY (Reuters) - Cadbury India

> <snip>
>
> Thanks for the information, however, I would like to kindly request
> that you please do not quote a whole article on usenet in the future.
> A short summary or small quote, plus a link to the article is the best
> idea. I request this, because by posting the whole article here, you
> are technically in violation of the copyrights on the article. FYI
> and in the future.
>
> --

Thanks. You're right of course. I was afraid that it would disappear into
the ether- Oddly Enough articles often do.

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:19:34 GMT, "Her Serene Highness"
> wrote:

>"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in
>message ...
>> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
>> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:41:20 GMT, "Her Serene Highness"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Chocolate-Maker Says Chocolate Factories Worm-Free
>> > 2 hours, 1 minute ago Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!
>> >
>> >BOMBAY (Reuters) - Cadbury India

>> <snip>
>>
>> Thanks for the information, however, I would like to kindly request
>> that you please do not quote a whole article on usenet in the future.
>> A short summary or small quote, plus a link to the article is the best
>> idea. I request this, because by posting the whole article here, you
>> are technically in violation of the copyrights on the article. FYI
>> and in the future.
>>

>Thanks. You're right of course. I was afraid that it would disappear into
>the ether- Oddly Enough articles often do.

Well, for the short time that you want people to see it from usenet, a
link will be good enough.

Thanks for understanding. I'm a writer, you see, so copyrights is a
touchy subject for me.

(Nothing that a bit of that 99% Michel Cluizel won't take care of,
however.)