BillKirch

> hershey almond is the best.

#############
You're an idiot. BG

BillKirch

> hershey almond is the best.

#############
You're an idiot. BG
Dee Randall

"Petra Hildebrandt" > wrote in message
> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
>
>> over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
>> imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
>> american stuff.

> so what exactly did you buy? there's chocolate, and then there's
> chocolate.
>
>> bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the best.

> Now if you consider hersheys almond 'chocolate'... that's sweet candy,
> but
> not chocolate to me ,)
>
> Petra in Hamburg, Germany

Does Hershey's have wax in it to keep it from melting so readily on one's
hands? If not, it sure tastes as if it does.
Dee

Dee Randall

"Petra Hildebrandt" > wrote in message
> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
>
>> over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
>> imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
>> american stuff.

> so what exactly did you buy? there's chocolate, and then there's
> chocolate.
>
>> bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the best.

> Now if you consider hersheys almond 'chocolate'... that's sweet candy,
> but
> not chocolate to me ,)
>
> Petra in Hamburg, Germany

Does Hershey's have wax in it to keep it from melting so readily on one's
hands? If not, it sure tastes as if it does.
Dee

Dee Randall

"La Donna Mobile" > wrote in message

> "neurocratic malfunction" > wrote in message
> om...
>> over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
>> imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
>> american stuff.
>>
>> bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the best.

> American chocolate is rubbish. Try Belgian. Or try Green & Black's
> Organic.
> Yum yum.

I bought Green & Black Organic hot chocolate mix. It tasted pretty bland.
It wasn't inexpensive. I had to add cocoa to it to get any chocolate taste
out of it. Very disappointing.
Dee

Tea

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message

> "La Donna Mobile" > wrote in

message

> > "neurocratic malfunction" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >> over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
> >> imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
> >> american stuff.
> >>
> >> bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the best.

> > American chocolate is rubbish. Try Belgian. Or try Green & Black's
> > Organic.
> > Yum yum.
> >

> I bought Green & Black Organic hot chocolate mix. It tasted pretty bland.
> It wasn't inexpensive. I had to add cocoa to it to get any chocolate

taste
> out of it. Very disappointing.
> Dee

A good chocolate is Michel Cluizel. The best American chocolate in my
experience is Scharffen Berger.

Tea

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message

> "La Donna Mobile" > wrote in

message

> > "neurocratic malfunction" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >> over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
> >> imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
> >> american stuff.
> >>
> >> bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the best.

> > American chocolate is rubbish. Try Belgian. Or try Green & Black's
> > Organic.
> > Yum yum.
> >

> I bought Green & Black Organic hot chocolate mix. It tasted pretty bland.
> It wasn't inexpensive. I had to add cocoa to it to get any chocolate

taste
> out of it. Very disappointing.
> Dee

A good chocolate is Michel Cluizel. The best American chocolate in my
experience is Scharffen Berger.

mickey mouse

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message

> "Petra Hildebrandt" > wrote in message
> > neurocratic malfunction wrote:
> >
> >> over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
> >> imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
> >> american stuff.

> > so what exactly did you buy? there's chocolate, and then there's
> > chocolate.
> >
> >> bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the best.

> > Now if you consider hersheys almond 'chocolate'... that's sweet candy,
> > but
> > not chocolate to me ,)
> >
> > Petra in Hamburg, Germany

> Does Hershey's have wax in it to keep it from melting so readily on one's
> hands? If not, it sure tastes as if it does.
> Dee
>
> You can't beat Chocolate from good old Great Britain choice of Cadbury's

Milk Chocolate or Cadbury's bourneville (dark Chocolate)

Roy

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:
> (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Thu,

11
> Nov 2004 13:30:13 GMT, during the rec.food.chocolate Community News
> Flash "Peter T. Daniels" > reported:
>
> >neurocratic malfunction wrote:
> >>
> >> over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
> >> imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
> >> american stuff.
> >>
> >> bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the

best.

> >Europeans reportedly don't like Hershey's because it's made with
> >buttermilk, and they perceive it to be sour-tasting.

> Not true. Hershey's uses FRESH milk, but because milk is water based
> and cocoa is oil based, the extremely high temperature that is needed
> to get the oil and water to mix makes the fresh milk *almost* go

sour.
> This is ONLY done by Hershey - not by other manufacturers. All other
> manufacturers use powdered milk to make their milk chocolate

(starting
> with Mr. Cadbury who met Mr. Nestle who invented powdered milk).
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> (I've removed rec.arts.movies.current-films and rec.music.classical
> from the follow up list.)
>
> --
> Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
> <davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
> ~*~*~*~*~*~
> "What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
> chocolate."
> --Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
> ~*~*~*~*~*~
> Links to my published poetry - http://davidachazan.homestead.com/
> ~*~*~*~*~*~

Roy

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:
> (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Thu,

11
> Nov 2004 13:30:13 GMT, during the rec.food.chocolate Community News
> Flash "Peter T. Daniels" > reported:
>
> >neurocratic malfunction wrote:
> >>
> >> over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
> >> imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
> >> american stuff.
> >>
> >> bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the

best.

> >Europeans reportedly don't like Hershey's because it's made with
> >buttermilk, and they perceive it to be sour-tasting.

> Not true. Hershey's uses FRESH milk, but because milk is water based
> and cocoa is oil based, the extremely high temperature that is needed
> to get the oil and water to mix makes the fresh milk *almost* go

sour.
> This is ONLY done by Hershey - not by other manufacturers. All other
> manufacturers use powdered milk to make their milk chocolate

(starting
> with Mr. Cadbury who met Mr. Nestle who invented powdered milk).
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> (I've removed rec.arts.movies.current-films and rec.music.classical
> from the follow up list.)
>
> --
> Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
> <davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
> ~*~*~*~*~*~
> "What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
> chocolate."
> --Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
> ~*~*~*~*~*~
> Links to my published poetry - http://davidachazan.homestead.com/
> ~*~*~*~*~*~

Roy

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:

> Not true. Hershey's uses FRESH milk, but because milk is water based
> and cocoa is oil based, the extremely high temperature that is needed
> to get the oil and water to mix makes the fresh milk *almost* go

sour.
> This is ONLY done by Hershey - not by other manufacturers. All other
> manufacturers use powdered milk to make their milk chocolate

(starting
> with Mr. Cadbury who met Mr. Nestle who invented powdered milk).

Davida, Cadbury uses a special kind of dairy product( called milk
crumb) and not milk powder. That particular milk crumb is processed and
cooked to confer the desired caramelic flavor in milk which makes the
chocolate have and appealing taste.
Roy

Roy

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:

> Not true. Hershey's uses FRESH milk, but because milk is water based
> and cocoa is oil based, the extremely high temperature that is needed
> to get the oil and water to mix makes the fresh milk *almost* go

sour.
> This is ONLY done by Hershey - not by other manufacturers. All other
> manufacturers use powdered milk to make their milk chocolate

(starting
> with Mr. Cadbury who met Mr. Nestle who invented powdered milk).
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> (I've removed rec.arts.movies.current-films and rec.music.classical
> from the follow up list.)
>
> --

Davida, Cadbury uses milk crumb and not milk powder in their milk
chocolates which result in a caramelic taste of their product.
Roy

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On 23 Jan 2005 22:14:17 -0800, "Roy" > wrote:

>Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:
>
>> Not true. Hershey's uses FRESH milk, but because milk is water based
>> and cocoa is oil based, the extremely high temperature that is needed
>> to get the oil and water to mix makes the fresh milk *almost* go

>sour.
>> This is ONLY done by Hershey - not by other manufacturers. All other
>> manufacturers use powdered milk to make their milk chocolate

>(starting
>> with Mr. Cadbury who met Mr. Nestle who invented powdered milk).
>>
>> Hope that helps.

>Davida, Cadbury uses milk crumb and not milk powder in their milk
>chocolates which result in a caramelic taste of their product.
>Roy

I'm sure this is true for today. I was talking historically here and
I believe Mr. Cadbury started out using Nestle's plain old ordinary
powdered milk, just after Nestle perfected the powdering process.

I don't care for the taste of Cadbury milk chocolate - way too sweet
and overly milky for me. Of course, I'm very much a dark chocolate
person, and usually avoid milk chocolates in any case.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
~*~*~*~*~*~
"What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
chocolate."
--Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
~*~*~*~*~*~

Fifo

> > Does Hershey's have wax in it to keep it from melting so readily on

one's
> > hands? If not, it sure tastes as if it does.
> > Dee

Some "chocolate" is made with vegetable oil (istead of cocoa oil) which
a) tastes horrible and b) melts at higher temperatures so it doesn't
melt in your hands.

Now I am no expert of any kind but when I am making any kind of desert
I use Valhorna (French) - it is not cheap but it is great. Schaffen
Berger (US) is very good too, Girardelly (US) has not disappointed me
either. On the other hand, Hershey's baking chocolate with all due
respect is not something I buy.

Banned

Yes. and may i say Yes again.
Member

I like the american chocolate more because of the high quality and wonderful taste!
Member

I depend on taste tried both that and another and to tell fairly both were pleasant
Member

Its not compeletely that both european and american chocklates have some bad and some good...

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy View Post
Its not compeletely that both european and american chocklates have some bad and some good...

There is so much good chocolate in both Europe and the US. Brands like Dagoba, Amano and Scharffen Berger are great American brands. And there are so many different styles of European chocolate. How can you not like Swiss Lindt? But Valrhona, Maglio, Callebaut. Fantastic.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie sellers View Post
Dave Smith wrote,

neurocratic malfunction wrote:

over the weekend, i decided to be a little fancy and bought some
imported european chocolate cuz i heard it's so much better than
american stuff.

bullshit. american stuff is much better. hershey almond is the best.

Over the weekend you parents bought a computer and you decided to troll
news groups

Congratulations for your correct identification of Trollus
Useneticus, a very common species with manual dexterity but
only the intelligence to quarrel.

later
bliss -- C O C O A Powered... (at california dot com)

--
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of cocoa that the thoughts acquire speed,